News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

So... what did everyone get???

Started by RTTingle, December 25, 2009, 06:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTTingle

My days not over...

... but so far my favorite present is a copy of "Heat Wave" the promo book from ABC's "Castle".

How about everyone else?

RTT

BWPS

Ok, so I'm totally spoiled since my wife and I basically go crazy buying stuff for each other and I have extra set of parents/grandparents/etc.
So umm, don't be jealous?

PSP Dissidia bundle, Crisis Core
Fallout 3, Uncharted 2,  God of War I/II
M:TG packs
Ceville
What to expect when you're expected, A practical guide to racism
Whatever happened to the Caped Crusader?
The entire old X-Men series
Bitchin cords, nice blue longsleeve polo (comfy kind)
New Surrender by Anberlin, Fearless by Taylor Swift
Saved, Pineapple Express, Step Brothers

Also, I bought both my wife and sister Kota and Pals dinosaur friends which are the most stupid looking baby dinosaurs and the weirdest most awesome things ever. Best gift idea I ever had.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Tawodi Osdi

A replacement for my busted DVD player and the new Star Trek movie.  And, cash.  Cash goes with everything.

herodad1

my daughter coming in to spend christmas eve and half today with me. :)

thalaw2

This has been the best Christmas in a while!  It's been 6 years away from home during the holidays and the last few were a bit lonely....I don't even bother to decorate anymore.

But this year I spent time with come other lonely colleagues and we had a great time.  Good food!  Caroling!  And...of course....Drunkeness!   

I got a lot of little gifts from my students which always cheer me up.  Then at the party I wound up with a can of spray on snow and 3 boxes of unwanted Chinese medicine (long story, great game).  Also, I got a care package from mom with lots of little goodies inside!   
革命不会被电视转播

daglob

I got to watch a human threshing machine turn a lot of carefully wrapped presents into a pile of toys and a lot of shredded paper.

It was a ball.

GhostMachine

A Panasonic Blu-Ray player, and a Mp3/Mp4 sound system that's going to have to be returned (the adapter for non-iPod type players is missing, and I have a Sansa Sandisk player).

Also got money, which I was given a couple of weeks ago, and I bought myself WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2010 (PS2 version) with part of it. Still have a decent amount left, but I'm not going anywhere to spend it until Monday. (NO WAY you could drag me into a store on the day after Christmas, or the weekend right after in this case)

Thunder

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2  for my PS3
Clothes

and my favoritest gift from my brother:  stainless steel batarangs (actually weighted for throwing..haven't tried that yet..lol)

hopefully everyone had an awesome holiday

doctorchallenger

It's more about the kids for me, but my 9 year old son and I are sharing a full sized pool/air hokey table as a present.

The Hitman

Coolest gift this year: 3 framed classic B-movie posters - Plan 9 from Outer Space, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, and Mystery Science Theater 300: The Movie.

Also, a couple of DVDs, some work clothes, and a ton of gift cards.

And a pack of Skittles. Can't forget that.

murs47

Socks! Which I love...seriously.

And the Ed Brubaker Daredevil omnibus. ^_^

Deaths Jester

Socks, underwear and a pair of shoes....boy, my Christmas holiday thingie was so worthwhile...as if!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Podmark

Lost season 5, Dragon Age Origins, some cash, and a bunch of less interesting stuff. It was a nice, low key Christmas.
If you don't see any new skins from me in the next few weeks then blame BioWare for making Dragon Age.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tortuga

Madam Tortuga bought me Seasons 4-9 of Seinfeld on DVD, and today I scored Seasons 1-3 at Walmart for dirt cheap.  We bought the Tortlings a bunch of LEGO.  They got all excited about that and Tortling 1.0 built for the whole afternoon yesterday and this morning.

Reepicheep

Lots of fun stuff this year! I'm even gonna bullet point them, cos I can.

• Lots of money
  • Tickets to see a Cabaret in London with the girlfriend
  • A few books on interior design
  • A limited edition poster of some CAD designs of a famous designer. Name pending for when I remember it.
  • A huge set of dominoes. Weirdly.
  • Chocolate, of course.
  • My grandpa's autobiography of 436 pages, finished just in time for christmas. Really enjoying it - the man has led the most interesting life.
  • Cufflinks
  • A wind vein. Yup. Thanks, Nan.
  • Some Gary Moore albums.

All in all, a very successful christmas!

Uncle Yuan

We had things pretty nice and low-key.  From the wife I got a bottle of 12-year old single-malt.  From the Boy I got a set of Guinness beer glasses (I home brew) and two "Good Eats" DVD sets.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

ubergreendragon

I didnt get anything my g/f was broke but i did buy her Lost season 5 which i also love so ill share it with her and i did treat myself to the movies on x-mas day with my brother and saw Sherlock Holmes

detourne_me

My gf got me a nice computer chair. almost too nice actually since i stayed up all night playing computer games, luckily my work day today is really lax (i might even get some much needed shuteye now)

BlueBard

Santa brought me an ear infection just in time to make last-minute holiday shopping totally impossible and kept me pretty much out of commission right up to Christmas Day.

But I get to play with all of the boys' stuff with them, so if you look at it that way I made out like a bandit.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Outcast

Quote from: GhostMachine on December 26, 2009, 01:18:07 PM
Also got money, which I was given a couple of weeks ago, and I bought myself WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2010 (PS2 version) with part of it.

Man, i wish my PS2 was fixed. I'd like to try that game out.  :)
For the meantime, i'm just settling for the DS version of the game. It's not that good but it's better than nothing. :P

GhostMachine

Follow up on my previous post: I didn't have to take the Mp3/Mp4 speaker system back after all; the adapter cord was in the battery case, which I didn't think to look in.  :doh: Don't own any Blu-Ray disks yet, but I bought the Target exclusive version of Up on DVD with most of the Christmas money I had left; 2 disks and a digital copy (which I don't care about), plus an adventure journal and stickers. They didn't have the 2 disk version on Blu-Ray with the adventure journal, if it exists. Went to Walmart yesterday, but their Blu-Ray selection was pathetic, and not just because they hadn't restocked.

Quote from: Outcast on December 29, 2009, 02:57:08 PM
Quote from: GhostMachine on December 26, 2009, 01:18:07 PM
Also got money, which I was given a couple of weeks ago, and I bought myself WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2010 (PS2 version) with part of it.

Man, i wish my PS2 was fixed. I'd like to try that game out.  :)
For the meantime, i'm just settling for the DS version of the game. It's not that good but it's better than nothing. :P

If it makes you feel any better, I think a sadist planned a couple of the matches in Randy Orton's Road to Wrestlemania storyline and the last match in Shawn Michaels' RTWM. There's a match with Kane in Orton's that you HAVE to win in less than 3 minutes to advance, and the only way you can pull it off is to win by countout, and reversing 3 of Batista's attacks to unlock the red and green dummies as playable characters is tough, because you only have a few minutes before someone interferes (not Legacy) and ends the match. It took me about 7 attempts to get Kane counted out, and I gave up on trying to reverse 3 of Batista's moves in time after 4 attempts, but I have to do Orton's RTWM again to unlock Dusty Rhodes.

Plus most of the unlockable alternate attires are street clothes. (Orton's is guest referee clothes and Cena's alternate attire is he keeps his shirt on!)

Weird thing: The Million Dollar Man looks like he did when he was active WWF wrestler and wrestles in his entrance attire, but Dusty Rhodes looks pretty much like he does now and wrestles in street clothes.

Protomorph

I got a shirt, some cash (which I used to go to Sherlock Holmes), a Best Buy gift card. I bought the wife a BluRay player, so I technically got that too.
"I don't practice what I preach, because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."  --J.R. Bob Dobbs
"There could easily be Mountain Lions here" - Pamela Lee
[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/Mijmanxx/protos2.gif[/img]

Kommando

Got some cash - used some to buy a Swissgear backpack and a USB to IDE kit (afterwhich I ripped apart my PC, and turned the HD into an external for my laptop, as well as reused the monitor as a second screen).  And for some reason I was given the first two Harry Potter books. 

?AMEON

Alaric

Fear the "A"!!!

docdelorean88

Quote from: RTTingle on December 25, 2009, 06:59:22 PM
My days not over...

... but so far my favorite present is a copy of "Heat Wave" the promo book from ABC's "Castle".

How about everyone else?

RTT

Oooh! How is the world of Nicki Heat?
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"