The Simpsons season 6 DVD

Started by TheMarvell, November 01, 2009, 06:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarvell

hey guys, I got a quick question regarding the sixth season of the Simpsons dvd. It was originally released in that crappy, cheap plastic Homer head box, and in retail stores that's still your only option. However, I remember shortly after it was released, fans complained so much that they gave them the option of having a regular, standard box sent to them. But my question is how? I don't have Season 6 yet, but I was curious if I were to buy it, would I still have that option of getting a regular box still? Does the set come with some sort of form I mail in or something? Or is there a website? Just wondering if anyone on here knows, as I can't seem to find anything recent about this.

BWPS

I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

TheMarvell

so, do they no longer mail these out? I haven't purchased the season yet, but I'd much rather have that box than the homer head.

TheMarvell

well, I purchased the Homer Head from Amazon because it was only 12 dollars. The regular box was being sold in the marketplace for around 35-40. I looked around online, and found an 800 number to call, and actually spoke with a Fox DVD customer service rep. She goes "sorry sir. That was being offered like, 4 years ago." It was funny, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

So, I guess I'm stuck with the Homer head. It's so clumsily put together. I kinda wish I would have bought it back when it came out when they were offering the replacement. The only chance I have now is if someone offers it on eBay, but its usually with the discs.