legends of zork

Started by bearded, November 29, 2009, 01:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

we should totally start a ff clan.

totally free to play. 

http://legendsofzork.com/

UnfluffyBunny

i went round for about 20 minutes gathering drops and money only to find out that despite finding it, I apparently picked nothing up >_> and closed the site

bearded

the things you find are sold to the bank for money.  items are bought in the armory.

UnfluffyBunny

yah I went to armory and it said I had nothing

Glitch Girl

Necromantic post powers, activate!

Okay so I tried this game for the first time last night and so far I am greatly underwhelmed. The artwork is nice, but from a "Zork" standpoint, there doesn't seem to be much to do.  I managed to level up enough to get my first quest (find a shirt for some surfer guy) and though the quest opener had some fun descriptive text, the rest has been just go out, fight something, get stuff, repeat or go to base, cash in your loot, and repeat.  Actually exploration has been nearly zilch.

Thing was, I really liked the old Zork games. This doesn't feel like them at all.  Am I completely missing something?
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

bearded

yah, i played it for about a week.

Glitch Girl

In other words, I'm not missing anything, it's just not that "zorky".

Bummer.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

bearded

took me about a week to miss the zork, you must be quicker than me. it plays more like legend of the red dragon, actually.