News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Smackdown vs Raw 2010

Started by Ares_God_of_War, October 22, 2009, 02:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ares_God_of_War

I picked it up for 360 and so far it is ALOT better than 2009. Then again I have only messed with the CAW stuff and matches there so I havent fully explored t yet.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

captmorgan72

I have actually thought about picking this up for the CAWs only. I am only a fan of the 80s and 90s wrestling stars. I picked up Legends of Wrestle mania for this reason. This guy http://www.youtube.com/user/WestCoastCaws makes some very cool looking CAWs and with Smackdown vs Raw 2010, you can download other people's CAWs, instead of recreating them using recipes. I created different Marvel and DC CAWs in Legends and it's a blast having fantasy wrestling matches with them. I imagine they would look far better in SvR 2010.

Ares_God_of_War

the problem I hear from the downloaded CAWS is that you cannot assign their attributes at all. once you DL it it is set in stone. So if you didnt agree with that the person did or if they didnt play the SAW to get attributes you are hosed. Thats the complaint on the forums there I have no idea since I havent tried.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

captmorgan72

Can the CAWs wear capes in the ring?

daerdevil

The ability to D/L CAWs alone sounds like this might be worthwhile.  To bad you can't edit attributes, because so many people tend towards "uber" builds.  But, this sounds like one to keep an eye on.  And I say it should be a requirement to post some pics if you make a thread about CAWs  ;)  Inquiring minds want to know.

Ares_God_of_War

Yes there is a cape for CAWS. like a normal superman cape and a dracula type cape with a colar.

One thing about the CAWS and this is just what I have noticed. I dont have live gold membership so I haven't downloaded anything but once you spend the points you learn on attributes and accept they are permanant. So say you decided to spend points on your grapple up to 85 but you went to 95 instead and accepted there is no way to go back at the presant time. I think that may be what people are upset about. Now the abilities (possum pin, Kip up, etc.) arent part of the CAW this time around but part of the movesets and can be changed at any time you like.

The abilities work different this year. Like last year 2009 you need to do things to progress in a certan ability. Use running attacks and Dive attacks to build speed. Use strong grapples to build grapple and so on. However this year you get points to spend where ever you like.  So say you start at a grapple of 40 as you level your toon he can now have a grapple of 45 (it always moves in 5s) and if you have the points then you can move up. You can level any ability to 99 but you dont have to spend the points to max them out if you dont want to. Also you earn points and can level abilities in pretty much everything including just 1 on 1 matches that have nothing to do with career mode or Road to Wrestlemania.

There is more to just downloading CAWS as well. This game introduced 2 options for customization. the first is some sort of a story mode. No idea how it works at all but if you play through the Road to Wrestlemania for someone, cant think of who, it unlocks a Santino Marella story mode that was done using just that to give you an idea how good it can work. The second new feature is custom logos. I think you can have 25. Basically is like a really watered down version of MS paint and you draw a logo and save it and then you can use that logo for your CAWS. oh and one more thing you can now edit the colors of the standard wrestlers attires. I saw someone make a pink undertaker for lulz.

Oh and if anyone cares about unlock codes

Spoiler
BonusBrawl - unlocks a few stages
The Great One - Unlocks the Rock but he can also be earned in Edge's RTWM
both codes are case and space sensitive

**edit** I guess another issue with the DL CAWS that people are putting up is that appearently nothing about them is changable. From enterance attire to abilities, attributes, enterances themselves, theme music, enterance movie or even the moveset. Appearently once you download it the CAW is completely as is. You can edit a core wrestler better than you can a downloaded CAW.

captmorgan72

Damn it, now I want this game.

daerdevil

Thanks for the heads up Ares.  Looks like the Download-a-CAW feature is rubbish.  Better to make your own (and more fun IMO).  I'll probably do my inevitable wait for the price drop since sequels to these things come out every year and I'm stocking up on music games at the moment.

Ares_God_of_War

See? now I am getting mixed reviews from different sites. I posted something on the official site to see if there is a differance between the 360 and PS3 or something because some of the info I am getting is contridicting other info. Like one said the attributes cannot be changed and the other said that the CAW you DL comes with base attributes so you must rebuild the CAW. The same thing with the abilities, one place said they arent changable and the next said the CAW comes with none. As soon as I get a response I will paste it here. But yeah in general its best to make it yourself and get the formula because then you have freedom to tweek things.

Ares_God_of_War

from someone who actually downloaded one

Quotewhen u downlad u cant edit appearance, moves, entrance but u can edit attributes and abilities hope this helps