News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Plastic Man

Started by Lionheart, October 17, 2009, 03:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionheart

Has anyone gotten TJ's Plastic Man mesh to work in FFvTTR?

Whether I convert the .nif or .kf files or not, he ends up stretched out and most of the animations fail to play.

Previsionary

Yes... iirc, you nif convert but not KF convert. That mesh is in a few of my mods, so if you need it, I can send it to you when i find the time.
Disappear when you least expe--

yell0w_lantern

Yes, Prev is right. There are at least a couple of other meshes like that.
Yellow Lantern smash!

Lionheart

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

I've run across a handful of meshes so far that will not convert if I run the nif converter on my Vista machine, but will on my XP machine. Others will convert on either PC. Strangeness.

Lionheart

Hmm, converted or unconverted (nif, kf, or both) he gets all stretched out and most of the animations won't fire when I move Plastic Man into FFvTTR.

daglob

I've never had that problem. I think I converted both mesh and keyframes. I have a Plasticman Buff that has been alpha-enabled at one of the Character Obscura Yahoo groups. It may even have the keyframes with it (because I hate having to look for keyframes-there are something like 15 different Taskmaster kf).

Of the two converters I know of, the one at Freedom Fortress seems to work the best.

Lionheart

Do you know which group the it is in?

I realize I could switch to Tommyboy's Mr. Fantastic mesh, but for two things: One, I like the base plastic man mesh better, and two, I hexxed a Thinman/Flatman version which also exhibits the same behavior whether converted or unconverted (mesh and/or keyframes).

cmdrkoenig67

Isn't this more of a Request or Tech issue?...Just wondering.

Dana

daglob

It probably didn't start out that way.

It might be a good idea to ask tech advice on converting Plas, or to request a pre-converted version.