News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

freedomreborn model society

Started by bearded, September 24, 2009, 02:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

i was thinking about how the freedom reborn social group has, over the years, simulated the growth and development of rules and 'laws' of an actual political society, in it's moralities and etiquettes. what we consider to be natural politeness and common sense has actually been evolved from individual outcries and separate instances.  of course, borrowing from other net cultures to some degree.

kkhohoho

Quote from: bearded on September 24, 2009, 02:27:49 AM
i was thinking about how the freedom reborn social group has, over the years, simulated the growth and development of rules and 'laws' of an actual political society, in it's moralities and etiquettes. what we consider to be natural politeness and common sense has actually been evolved from individual outcries and separate instances.  of course, borrowing from other net cultures to some degree.

Go on...
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

bearded

nothing much more really.  i was hoping for more insight into this thought pattern.  i had been thinking about what we consider polite and respectful here, and how those processes evolved, as compared to how developing cultures must have evolved social mores.

yell0w_lantern

Complex social interactions arise pretty much whenever and wherever humans congregate. As social animals this is not surprising and similar phenomena can be observed in other species as well.
Yellow Lantern smash!

Thanatoros

I believe the term you seek is microcosm.

bearded

good word.  microcosmic society.