News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Spider-Man Web of Shadows

Started by TheMarvell, September 05, 2009, 05:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarvell

Is this game any good? It's only $20 on the 360, but it's gotten horrible professional reviews, while most player reviews are quite positive. It's an alarming contrast, which confuses me. I've seen gameplay footage, and just going by those it seems the professional reviews are more accurate. But I don't know.

can anyone shed some light on this game? I know there's another topic about it, but it's mostly about creating skins on the PC version. I know since it's only $20 you can't really go wrong, but at the same time, that's $20 I could use on another game coming out this month, like MUA2 or Halo ODST. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

captmorgan72

It's the absolute best Spiderman game ever made in my opinion. I very much enjoyed it. The voice acting sucked but the action was fantastic.

tommyboy

I played the pc version all the way through. It's a fun game if you can get it cheap. Not the best game Evarrrr, but a fairly decent Spidey outing. Could have used more free-roam stuff though, in my opinion.

TheMarvell

well, the game is back to $30, which isn't bad, but I think I'll save the money for something else. I don't know. The videos were pretty unconvincing. I was hoping to get some more feedback here. I'd gladly pay $15 to $20, but 30 seems a bit steep for some reason.

clownprince

is that for new or used? new maybe 25. but i would get it used for ten. MUA i got for 9.99 used.

captmorgan72

Name any Spiderman game you have ever played and it beats that. Good enough reason to buy it I think.

clownprince

sega genesis good times there .  :rolleyes:

UnfluffyBunny

$30 steep? good sir, that's like what in english money, ?18????
look up an english store, for example game.co.uk, it's curently ?39.99 down from ?48.99, so about $63 down from $78?
methinks ?18 would be a bargain personally >_>

TheMarvell

eh, I didn't mean $30 was steep, per se, just that I didn't want to spend that much on Web of Shadows if it was only mediocre. I'd rather use the $30 for something coming out this fall instead. Yeah, I'm getting pickier in what I spend my money on these days, especially games.