News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom Force Vs FFVTR

Started by AfghanAnt, September 21, 2009, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Previsionary

Finding the game isn't really an issue when it's on Steam for like 2 dollars (or it might be back up to $5) and on Amazon for the same amount + shipping. :P
Disappear when you least expe--

BentonGrey

Yep, no one is more annoyed at how the second game falls short of the first than me, Kenn, but the benefits outweight the costs.  Between EZScript and all of the awesome new content, FF2 is a necessity.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

TrajkLogik

When talking about the two games by themselves, FF wins. But when you add FFX, (FF with FFX 2.6 vs. FFvTTR with FFX3.3) then I say FFvTTR wins.

yell0w_lantern

If we had EZ Script for plain FF, I would mod that game too.
Yellow Lantern smash!

SupaheroTV

John Jr.

I agree with the above posts. FF is a better game, but since EZScript is only available for FFVTTR I would choose the second game.

Figure Fan

Is there a way to get the original Freedom Force to work on Vista?

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Figure Fan on March 05, 2010, 12:59:53 AM
Is there a way to get the original Freedom Force to work on Vista?

Pay 7 bucks and get it on Steam.

Symon

Got to be FF for me.
Actually when I last looked at it, I came to the conclusion a lot of FFX3 and the latest enhancements for FF3R could be backported.
It was and still on my list of things to do when I have time.
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

chuckles

I favor FF myself. It has a comic bookish quality that I really like.

BTW Figure Fan, I have vista, and I'm having no problem with the game...since I used the patch.

electro

I never played past the first 2 acts in either games campaign - Kinda sad really - I just started doing hero files & skins etc... then go to the Ol rumble room - Only played 2 mods & both where for  :ffvstr: - Once I saw M25 AI generater in action I was hooked & FFX 3.3 with it's cool new grappling system - How can I ever go back :blink:

lugaru

FF1: Better physics (inertia) and the chapters feeled longer and more dungeoun crawly.

FFVT3R: Better graphics and light, more stable, better plug in mods. Unfortunately they ruined several things (like the above and attack ranges) trying to make it least balanced game ever a multiplayer game.