News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

just saying.

Started by zurc219, September 20, 2009, 01:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zurc219

i've just recently watched the movie "watchmen" and i was wondering if there are people out there that are developing mods/skins based on the characters of the movie.

i think it would be a great mod for everyone to appreciate :)

yell0w_lantern

There are skins and meshes - mostly by Tommyboy, check his mesh thread. As far as full mods (i.e. campaigns), I don't think so. However, I would encourage you to give it a try using EZ Script and EZ Script Editor. It's a substantial investment of time to make a mod but with the afor mentioned tools it is nowhere near as hard as it used to be and you'll learn a lot.
Yellow Lantern smash!

zurc219

i have another question.

can anyone walk me through applying a skin? coz whenever i try to apply a skin and access it during the game, the game exits. and if all the skins are compatible for both games because i only have the third reich copy of the game.

yell0w_lantern

They are all compatible but the game will pick a DDS format file over a TGA file. You can convert between the 2 using photoshop plugin.

Skins go in the 'skins' folder of a mesh. Here's where my meshes are: C:\Documents and Settings\Gabe\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Art\library\characters

Haven't heard of skins crashing the game though. Can anyone else comment on this?
Yellow Lantern smash!

GogglesPizanno

As far as i know a skin wont crash the game. The mesh may need to be converted if its a FF mesh... that could crash the game.

docdelorean88

I second this mod. Also, an added bonus of Movie skins would be cool too!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

zurc219

here's what i did

i downloaded a zip file of the iron man skin

it's titled "im_mk21_tf" then i just extracted it and i put the folder in the models folder.

i thought i did everything right so far since i saw that the skin's name is in the "customs" at the create a hero mode. but when i clicked on the name to start to work on a 150,000 pt iron man it just crashed.

this is my folder path

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\Downloads\Games\ Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\FFvTTR\Freedom Force\Custom\Art\library\characters

zurc219

oh i'm playing with an unpatched version of the ffvttr would that have anything to do with this problem?

Mystik

what you downloaded was a mesh and skin. the mesh is for  :ff: it needs to be converted to work in :ffvstr:.
you can find the converter at http://alexff.com/index.php

yell0w_lantern

Then there's the ghosting problem if you're running non-blob shadows. Previsionary has listed the python script fix for ghosting.
Yellow Lantern smash!

zurc219

EVERYONE THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH!

you guys have helped alot!