New C-Store Items Available Tuesday!

Started by Alaric, October 20, 2009, 02:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric

From the official forums:

Quote from: DaekeWe?re happy to announce new items available in the C-Store for purchase with your Cryptic Points! In addition to new emblem packs and new costume sets, we?re also introducing a number of Character Enhancements, including additional character slots, character renames, additional costume slots, and full Retcons! Check out the C-Store page for details on all the new items, and purchase them after tonight?s game maintenance. Enjoy!

Quote from: DaekeOops, this went up a little early. The C-Store page isn't up yet, but I guess you get a little sneak preview of the news post before it's available. Lucky you.

Fear the "A"!!!

Alaric

Fear the "A"!!!

detourne_me

....droool....
i want everything.  maybe not the weapon emblems, or the animal emblems, 
...how much are cryptic points?

Alaric

$6.25 USD - 500 Cryptic Points
$12.50 USD - 1000 Cryptic Points
$25.00 USD - 2000 Cryptic Points
$62.50 USD - 5000 Cryptic Points

You purchase points under "My Account" on the web site- you can then purchase items with the points in-game. Note that these won't actually be available until after tonight's maintenance period.

Adding up all the stuff I really want comes to 2480 points- I have 400 from my pre-order. If I spent $25.00, I'd come out just 80 points short...
Fear the "A"!!!

detourne_me

yeah i bought the 2000 points just now too...
1200 for more characters
400 for additional costumes
80 for sci-fi emblems
240 Halloween Head set (hopefully I'll unlock the blood moon costumes through perks)
_______
1920 points... maybe I'll buy an action figure too....

UnfluffyBunny

awesome \o/
been wanting a full etcon for my main this week and i'm around 90 global short so I may just buy one >_>
i cleared up some un-used characters last night so no need for slots yet, but soon \o/
the mask set is a definate, and the costume slots

Xenolith

I like the costume slots cost since it applies to each character.  I'd like to have a freedom society costume for mister green.  I like the cyborg beast stuff, but I'll never make a hero with that so I'll pass.  I'm on the fence over the cotume pieces.  They'd be cool if we had villains.

Alaric

Quote from: Xenolith on October 20, 2009, 12:50:43 PM
I like the costume slots cost since it applies to each character.  I'd like to have a freedom society costume for mister green.  I like the cyborg beast stuff, but I'll never make a hero with that so I'll pass.  I'm on the fence over the cotume pieces.  They'd be cool if we had villains.

You could always use them for a Nemesis...
Fear the "A"!!!

Alaric

Quote from: detourne_me on October 20, 2009, 04:14:55 AM
240 Halloween Head set (hopefully I'll unlock the blood moon costumes through perks)

Note that, according to Daeke, none of the costume stuff available in the C-Store will ever be unlockable in-game (though they do plan to include ways to unlock full free retcons and new character slots eventually). The reference to the Blood Moon event under the Halloween costume sets just means that, as a tie-in to the event, buying the full pack costs less than it normally would.
Fear the "A"!!!

Xenolith

Speaking of Nemesis, and not to thread drift too much, but its doesn't seem like I can change the look of the Nemesis once created.  Is that right?

UnfluffyBunny

tbh i rarely have a nemesis long enough to care what they look like any more

Xenolith

True.  Since I created Professor Plum I think I've had four Nemesis missions (I'm a half blip away from 38), and his minions are an annoyance at best.  Still, in the missions where he appears he looks like a complete dork.  I must have been on a 24-hour Mtn. Dew bingle when I created him.

UnkoMan

I totally want to make a scare crow, and could use the skeleton costume as a great alternate Corpse outfit...

This was a clever way to go, business wise. Micro transactions can lead to macro dollars. I will look forward to see what sorts of things come out on the C-Store (though I doubt I will purchase much).

Blkcasanova247

I wonder how many iterations of Archangel we'll see with those new cybernetic wings. :rolleyes: ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Xenolith

I missed those wings!  Cool.

I had 400 Cryptic Points i my account so I bought the extra costume slots.  I have no idea where the cryptic points came from.

Alaric

Quote from: Xenolith on October 20, 2009, 10:08:44 PM

I had 400 Cryptic Points i my account so I bought the extra costume slots.  I have no idea where the cryptic points came from.

All the pre-orders came with some cryptic points.
Fear the "A"!!!

GhostMachine

Quote from: Alaric on October 20, 2009, 10:42:55 PM
Quote from: Xenolith on October 20, 2009, 10:08:44 PM

All the pre-orders came with some cryptic points.

Not just pre-orders. I didn't pre-order and still got the 400 pts and airfoil costume piece.

I had already bought some action figures and used some points to buy the skeleton costume set, so I only have enough pts to buy one more action figure left. And I can't afford to buy more points until December. (I just want more character slots and the cyborg costume, though)

Carravaggio

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on October 20, 2009, 08:43:50 PM
I wonder how many iterations of Archangel we'll see with those new cybernetic wings. :rolleyes: ;)

Well, one from me, at least :P

UnkoMan

I went with the masks. They are pretty cool. I wonder what else they are going to put in that facial armor section.

I wish we had multiple nemesis slots, because I can now further flesh out the Corpse's rogues gallery. Plus, I can make a road warrior character with that hockey mask.

Anyhow, now I've got to get 500 more points, just so I can get the skeleton costume. Then I'll let the rest sit for the future.

Alaric

Quote from: UnkoMan on October 21, 2009, 10:46:41 AM
I wish we had multiple nemesis slots, because I can now further flesh out the Corpse's rogues gallery. Plus, I can make a road warrior character with that hockey mask.

As I understand it, eventually, you can end up with multiple nemeses. Eventually, you have a "final" confrontation with your nemesis, after which you can choose to create a new one. All information on the old nemesis is saved, and the Devs have hinted that eventually it will be possible to encounter them again (this is not yet in the game). So, eventually, it should be possible to have a personal rogues gallery in-game.
Fear the "A"!!!