Started by Bloodshadow, August 31, 2009, 10:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash4fire

Outcast

Great use on the toad mesh for your original character Mayhem. :cool:
Always love to see original characters/ideas.  :thumbup:

Bloodshadow

Thanks guys :D
I kinda like Mayhem myself,he turned out way better than I thought he would :cool:
Well gotta get back to skinnin'.workin' on a cool skin right now,here's a little hint.......

With blood and rage of crimson red....
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead....
Together with our hellish fate...
We'll burn you all....
That is your fate!

A big thank you goes to Courtnall6,the face and wings are his work,The Red Lantern suit is mine,and though I don't usually kit bash,this skin called for it and Court gave his permission to show it(thanks again Court),so here it is :D
Another original next,just came up with the design and concept,whatcha think?

Gremlin

I like Torrent. Maybe make her a slightly darker blue, but the light one still works; not a big deal. Her design needs to be something more powerful though; with a name like Torrent, a single raindrop looks kind of unimpressive. Maybe a whirlpool?

Bloodshadow

Thanks for the suggestion Gremlin,I think I'll try the whirlpool symbol and a darker blue. :cool:
Might take a minute for v2 though as I'm making an Orange Lantern at the moment :D
be back soon!

Bloodshadow

Hey guys,I'm back again :)
Had a bit of comp probs but now I'm all fixed up and back to skinning(finally! :thumbup:)

My cosmic good guy "Morningstar",I'm also working on a set of skoped keyframes for him,but I wanted to get the pic up for a little input on the design.So whatcha think peeps?
P.S. The Gold Eagles,Mayhem and Morningstar are up at my Yahoo Group :cool:

Outcast

Nice to see you back with a new original character BloodShadow. ^_^

What would be MorningStar's powers? I think that would help people get some ideas for any costume design suggestions. :)

detourne_me

Really solid design on Morningstar Bloodshadow.
I've got a suggestion that might me a little strange.
Many cosmic type superheroes have a sort of Aura or FX associated with them (black bolts lighting/captain marvel or quasar's bands/ Apollo's halo)
How about having a sort of aura behind his head?  maybe take a flat plane and have it alpha enabled with the costumes logo, so it's kind of like an aura that highlights him from behind (like it emphasizes his head and shoulders)
It would be a kind of beacon - as a morningstar is for sailors/travellers.

Ash4fire

laughing paradox

I really like the design of Morningstar. Cool name, too.. good job.

Bloodshadow

Thanks for all the comments guys! :cool:
QuoteMany cosmic type superheroes have a sort of Aura or FX associated with them (black bolts lighting/captain marvel or quasar's bands/ Apollo's halo)
How about having a sort of aura behind his head?  maybe take a flat plane and have it alpha enabled with the costumes logo, so it's kind of like an aura that highlights him from behind (like it emphasizes his head and shoulders)
It would be a kind of beacon - as a morningstar is for sailors/travellers.
Very cool idea,I will try it but so far I'm moving slow on learning how to skope stuff :unsure:
I will definately try it though,cause that sounds awesome!
QuoteWhat would be MorningStar's powers? I think that would help people get some ideas for any costume design suggestions.
Morningstar was designed to be uber powerful,light,density,gravity control powers,etc.(no light constructs or anything GL like)he doesn't shoot "light" blasts either,generally a crushing gravity blast for offfense and density control type defenses.I'm working on Origin story now and hero file also,I'll include both in the updated zip.(I'll post his origin and an updated pic as soon as I can,gotta go try DM's idea 1st)

deano_ue

i'd try working on your chest logos they seem quite jagged, how are you making them

Bloodshadow

Quotei'd try working on your chest logos they seem quite jagged, how are you making them
I have been doing all my line work kinda micro style,with the pen tool :blink:Unfortunately I have been very limited with the program I've been using.Good news though is I now have Photoshop7,after this one my skins may really suck for a minute while I relearn to skin :unsure:hopefully now I can improve and really create my own skinning style.I'd like to get good enough to create my own bases and all that ;)