News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

EZscript Campaign problems

Started by John Jr., August 25, 2009, 10:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Jr.

Hi! I am trying make a Legion of Super-Heroes mod. Just finished the first mission, but I have a big problem.
Spoiler

Story: future shock

Encounter: Recruit
Type: Campaign Recruit
Allies: superboy

Encounter: Starting Cutscene
Type: Cutscene
next: Bizarro

Start Cutscene:
Play music music_05berlin_br1
Set lighting to day
Unfade
Camera on hero
cop says telepathically, "Superboy I pray you are listening this transmission! Lex Luthor is creating chaos on the city, with the help of unknown super beings!"
cop says telepathically, "Luthor kidnapped Lana Lang! We tried stop them, but we are no match for those monsters!"
cop says telepathically, "We need your help!"
Hero says, "Lex always walked a thin line between genius and madman, but I always believed he could be redeemed..."
Hero says, "Now I don't know if he even wants be redeemed..."
Hero says, "I have to find Lana, maybe I can persuade Lex to stop, before it is too late."

Encounter: Bizarro
Type: Immediate Building Rampage
Villains: bizarro
Primary Objective: "Defeat Bizarro" for 200 prestige and 10 xp
Next: bomb

Alert Cutscene:
Red arrow on Villain

Start Cutscene:
Cinematic camera on villain to hero
Hero says, "Bizarro?! This is impossible! You were destroyed years ago!"
villain says, "Bizarro am Superboy friend! Bizarro destroy Superboy to show eternal affection!"

End Cutscene:
Camera on hero
Hero says, "What is happening here? How Lex could recreate Bizarro? And why he looks older than me?"
hero says, "I have no time to loose, if I scan the city with my super hearing I should be able to find Lex and his goons!"

Encounter: bomb
Type: Disarm Bomb
Villains: Revenge Squad
Minions: Revenge Squad2
Bomb: nazihq_energy_extractor
Time: 160
Primary Objective: "Disarm the bomb." for 100 prestige and 10 xp
Next: If Bomb Disarmed: Boss Fight
Next: If Bomb Exploded: lose

Alert Cutscene:
Red arrow on villain

Start Cutscene:
Camera on Villain
Villain says, "I know you can hear me, Kryptonian! I have a Q-energy bomb!"
Villain says, "When it explodes half of the continent will be blown to pieces!"
Minion says, "Unless you can stop us and disarm the bomb before it's too late!"
Minion says, "But you won't be able to do that!"
Cinematic camera on Villain to Hero
hero says, "I'm sick and tired of guys I never seen before menacing innocent people!"
hero says, "You want a fight? You got it!"

Disarm Bomb Cutscene:
Camera on hero
hero says,  "I have to disarm it and fast!"

Bomb Exploding Cutscene:
Hero says, "No it's too late!"

Bomb Disarmed Cutscene:
Camera on hero
Hero says, "That was too close to confort! I have to find Lex, what happened to him? How he could help those madmen?!"

Bomb Exploded Cutscene:
Hero says, "No! I failed!"

Encounter: Boss Fight
Type: Custom
Actions: villains fight heroes, allies can be freed, allies in cages, allies do not move, allies move when freed
Villains: young luthor, amazo  
Allies: Lana Lang
Primary Objective: "Defeat Amazo." for 100 prestige and 10 xp
Next: clues

Alert Cutscene:
Red arrow on Villain1

Start Cutscene:
Cinematic camera on ally to hero
Ally says, "Go away, Superboy! It's a trap!"
Hero says, "I know, and it doesn't matter!"
Villain1 says, "I knew you wouldn't leave your girlfriend in my hands. Those goons were only a distraction, they served only to leave you tired enough to the main fight!"
Hero says, "Lex, stop! You don't know what you are doing! They are killers!"
Villain1 says, "I don't care! Everyone on this city have betrayed me! I don't care about no one on this city!"
Villain1 says, "Enough talk! It's time to you say hello to my friend, Amazo!"
Villain2 says, "New programing says I must kill Superman!"
Hero says, "SuperMAN?! What you mean?!"
hero says, "Don't matter! I hoped I could talk to you, Lex. We were friends once, but if you want a fight I will give you one!"

End Cutscene:
Hero plays animation idle
Ally plays animation idle
Ally turns to Hero
Cinematic camera on Ally to Hero
Ally says, "You saved me, thanks! But you could be killed!"
Hero says, "I know, but i had to save you, Lana."
Ally says, "You are too important to the world to risk your life because of me!"
Hero says, "My life is no more important than anyone's life, Lana..."
Hero says, "The day I run away from my duty is the day i hang this cape for good!."
Ally says, "Superboy... I don't know what say..."
Hero says, "You don't need say anything Lana."
Hero says, "There is a faint energy residue on this android, I can follow it to its origin and, maybe, to the mind behind this madness!"

Encounter: clues
Type: Examine
Objects: celestial_clock_objects

Alert Cutscene:
Red arrow on object

Start Cutscene:
Cinematic camera on Object to hero
hero says, "There! I found it!"

Examine Cutscene:
Hero says, "It's a time portal device! From the XXX century!"
hero says, "It's time to visit the Legion, I will need help from the Legionnaires to solve this riddle!"
Fade for 3 seconds

The bomb on encounter "bomb" explodes even if it is disarmed. My character disarm the bomb, the "Disarm bomb" and "Bomb disarmed" cutscenes are played, I can play the next encounter normally, then in the middle of the fight the  Bomb Exploded Cutscene: is played and the ground trembles. I used other "Disarm bombs" encounters before and never had any problem, can't find the error... May someone, please, help me?
Thanks!

John Jr.

Solved the "bomb" problem with Benton Grey's help. Thanks again, Benton!
Now a have a second one that is driving me nuts. My cutscene for second mission base don't works... It loads, the characters appears, but nothing happens, no text, no action, no nothing... I tried several different base maps, from the game, from mods, and I always got the same problem. May some one help me?
This is the base txt:
Spoiler
#--------------------------------------
#
#  Sample Base cutscenes for EZ script
#
#--------------------------------------

Story: 002_action_base

#
# The base encounter will set up the camera
# and take care of any campaign housekeeping
# e.g. right after the base loads.
#

Encounter: Start
Type: Base

Start Cutscene:
Camera on computer1

#
# The briefing cutscene will play when the player
# selects the briefing button on the base screen.
#
# Notice the 'Starts when: Briefing' line.
# That must be there or it won't play as a briefing.
#

Encounter: Briefing
Type: Cutscene
Starts when: Briefing

Start Cutscene:
Camera on computer1
brainiac_5 says, "A experimental time-warp device was stolen of the Time Institute. This is disturbing."
brainiac_5 says, "There is no way to tell what damage could be done to the Time Stream."
brainiac_5 says, "What is this? Another call from the Scientific Police?"
cosmic_boy walks to brainiac_5
saturn_girl walks to brainiac_5
brainiac_5 turns to cosmic_boy
brainiac_5 says, "We received one more emergency call."
saturn_girl says, "Another one?! We will have to use almost all roster to take care of so many cases."
cosmic_boy turns to brainiac_5
cosmic_boy says, "What we have this time, Brainy?"
brainiac_5 says, "One of direst proportions. The emissary of the Therian was kidnapped by unknown super powered criminals."
Cinematic Camera on cosmic_boy
cosmic_boy says, "Therian? The United Planets are negociating with them for months! If something happens to her princess..."
saturn_girl turns to cosmic_boy
cosmic_boy  turns to saturn_girl
Cinematic Camera on saturn_girl to cosmic_boy
saturn_girl says, "This is top priority, Rokk, I want to go on this mission. My telepathy will be useful to find the princess."
cosmic_boy says, "Agreed. You are on command, Imra, just make sure to take some muscle with you. I suspect you won't face regular super criminals."
saturn_girl moves to equipment1

fade

I use one of PCTales base screen as template.

This is what I got on "script":
Spoiler
>>> system/init.py executed
>>> system/localinit.py executed
>>> system\tredir.py executed
loading datfiles version 0.256000
loading cshelper ...
Starting ffx.py v. 3.3.1 build 0; branch = main release update
Loading m25ai.py v. 3.3.0 build 3; branch = Gold v.3.3 with Patch
importing missionobjvar.py v1.20
importing MLOG Reader 1.0.23
Starting General Utilities 1.0.1
missionobjvar(FixLongs): Fixing overflow issue with <SCSTATE_BUOYANT>
missionobjvar defining functions for Rumble Room play.
Loading m25cutscene.py v.3.3.07 January 30, 2009
CustomHeadCurrentTime 1251934710.031000
Starting Height Check module 1.4
Starting System Utilities 1.5
OBJECTS_HEIGHT: 604 entries
NIF_OBJECTS: 482 entries
BUILDINGS_IN_OBJECTS_DAT: 30 entries
BUILDING_DIMENSIONS: 30 entries
Starting skXMapInfo.py  v 0.79 beta
skXMapInfo: m25ai available
Loading m25aiopt.py v.3.2.0 final; branch = swingman 4
FFX Mission Plugin 'firehydrant' imported
FFX Mission Plugin 'zombie' imported
Loading freeroam_keepbuildingdamage.py v.1.0.0 build 0; branch = main
FFX Mission Plugin 'freeroam_keepbuildingdamage' imported
FFX Mission Plugin 'm25ai_lowjumper' imported
FFX Mission Plugin 'm25ai_realitymanipulation' imported
FFX Mission Plugin 'cutscene_power' imported
Loading     m25enc_OPENDOOR.py v.1.0.0 build 0; branch = main
Loading m25enc.py v.3.3.07 January 30, 2009
FFX Mission Plugin 'm25enc_opendoor' imported
Loading     m25enc_simplechoice.py v.1.0.0 build 0; branch = main
FFX Mission Plugin 'm25enc_simplechoice' imported
Starting Built-In Function Wrapper 1.5
('Object_CalcPrestige', 'js')
teste\Missions\Scripts\sk.py importing FFX
teste\Missions\Scripts\sk.py loaded
Loading m25pstory.py  v.3.3.07 January 30, 2009
>>> C:\Documents and Settings\Marcelo\Configura??es locais\Dados de aplicativos\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\base.py executed
! GetMapInfo
initialising FFQ_initialiseExtras()
Plugin 'firehydrant' OnPostInit() called
Plugin 'zombie' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'freeroam_keepbuildingdamage' OnPostInit() called
Plugin 'm25ai_lowjumper' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'm25ai_realitymanipulation' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'cutscene_power' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'm25enc_opendoor' has no OnPostInit()
Plugin 'm25enc_simplechoice' has no OnPostInit()

The problem only happens when I play the first mission, if I skip it with the "Mission Win" code the base cutscene plays just fine.
Thanks on advance!

John Jr.

I used the "Revive all heroes" command on two different missions. On the 3rd mission, it works just fine, but on the 2nd, it revives the heroes and the last villain. Any idea why this is happening?
Thanks on advance!

Previsionary

does your villain become a hero at any time throughout the mission? Does it have a hero template attached to it in FFedit? Those are the only things I could think of right off the back.
Disappear when you least expe--

John Jr.

Thanks for the help, Prev.
He is my "Boss villain" and only appears on the last encounter of Mission2. I use a generic mesh (male basic) and he "shares" it with heroes and other villains.
More weirdness. On the same encounter the Legionnaires must free an alien dignitary from the villain's clutches. If I use the "Allies in cages" command, it works just fine, but when I tried change to "allies in stasis" (because I already used the caged ally trick on an earlier mission), nothing happens. I tried free the ally with Saturn Girl's "Mental Balance", the ally only plays melee idle and that's all, no action, no cutscene :banghead:

This is the encounter:
Spoiler
Encounter: the captive
Type: Custom
Actions: allies in stasis, allies can be freed, allies move when freed, villains fight heroes
Villains: nemesis_kid, khund
Allies: princess
Marker: positional4
Primary Objective: "Save the princess" for 500 prestige and 10 xp

Alert Cutscene:
Red arrow on princess

Start Cutscene:
Cinematic camera on princess to Villain1
princess says, "I demand you release me! You cannot cage a princess of the Thaarn!"
Villain1 says, "Princesses are all alike. You remind me of another feitsy princess. I should have killed her when I got the chance."
Villain2 says, "So, let us close the deal, Nemesis? We need the princess."
princess says, "If you harm me my people will declare war!"
Villain1 says, "That's the plan, my dear. Your dead body will be found in an UP base, killed by an UP gun, and your people will declare war on the UP!"
Villain2 says, "And we will offer help your father against our common enemy!"
Camera on wildfire
wildfire says, "Great! Now you just explained your plan I can clobber you, right?"
Cinematic camera on villain1 to villain2
villain1 plays animation melee
Villain1 says, "The Legion! We have to kill them!"
Villain2 says, "For the Empire!"

End Cutscene:
Revive all heroes
princess turns to saturn_girl
princess plays animation idle
saturn_girl plays animation idle
Cinematic camera on princess to saturn_girl
princess says, "My people is on debt with your Legion, you prevented a war."
saturn_girl says, "That's our job, your highness."
cinematic camera on lightning_lad to wildfire
lightning_lad says, "Why would the super villains help the khunds against the UP?"
wildfire says, "To attack when we were weakened by the war! They are too afraid to fight us face to face!"
camera on saturn_girl
saturn_girl says, "I'm afraid is not so simple."
Fade for 2 seconds

BentonGrey

I'll try and look into this later, JJ.  Did you ask how to do a recruit in a base scene somewhere?  I seem to remember you doing so.  If you're still looking, you should be able to list it in the Encounter info, like you would a marker or villains or allies.  Exp:

Type: Base
Recruit: Bob
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

John Jr.

I solved the "recruit" issue, Benton, but can't solve the "Caged vs Stasis" enigma. I'll be very grateful if you check this for me.

John Jr.

Another problem, hope you can help with this one (it's the last Mission, if we fix it I'll be able to finish the mod, at last!).
The Legionnaires try invade the villain's base, but they find a tight security and are attacked by ray guns.
I tried to use the "Switchable Power Trap" option of EZ Script, but I receive a "Unrecognized line" message from the "switches" and "Trap Power" parameters. I changed them, but the error continues. I tried ignore it and play anyway, but the scenes are not played, and only the Item is spawned, all pink...
My someone, please, help me?
Spoiler
Encounter: blasters
Type: Switchable Power Trap
Switches: nazihq_computer_big
Item: nazihq_temporal_amplifier
Trap Power: mentor_ electronbeam

Alert Cutscene:
red arrow on item

Start Cutscene:
cinematic camera on hero1
hero1 says, "Those things don't look inative to me!"
hero2 says, "So and so reactivated the base's security systems!"
hero3 says, "We must turn this thing off!"

Switch Turned Off Cutscene:
camera on hero1
hero1 says, "Done!"

All Switches Turned Off Cutscene:
Camera on hero1
hero1 says, "There goes the surprise element..."

End Cutscene:
Cinematic camera on hero1
hero1 says, "This will be more difficult than I tought!"

BentonGrey

Okay, that one I can help you with, or at least I hope so.  EZScript editor doesn't recognize "Switches" for some reason, so you can just ignore that.  It is correct.  The same is true of "Trap Power."  The pink think means that the item or switch you've chosen isn't there, is pointing to the wrong place, or something of that nature. 

Here is an example of a working trap encounter:

Spoiler
Encounter: MTrap1
Type: Switchable Power Trap
Villains: disguise_martian, disguise_martian, disguise_martian, disguise_martian
Allies: jimmy_olsen
Item: nazihq_hypno_sphere
Switches: switch
Trap Power: martianw gauntlet
Primary Objective: "Find and rescue Jimmy Olsen" for 75 prestige
Marker: trap1
Next: MTrap2

Obviously, the specifics like the power, marker, allies, and villains wouldn't work for you, but the rest of it would.  Try switching out your variables, and hopefully that will fix the problem. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

John Jr.

Thanks for the help. Benton. I tried a lot of different options, with no avail. So I just change d the encounter. I was looking forward to use the "trap", but maybe next time :(

BentonGrey

Quote from: John Jr. on September 27, 2009, 04:52:32 AM
Thanks for the help. Benton. I tried a lot of different options, with no avail. So I just change d the encounter. I was looking forward to use the "trap", but maybe next time :(

It SHOULD work.  There is something else wrong there other than the encounter type. 
God Bless

John Jr.

I'm still having problems with the last Mission. EVERY object I try use with the map is spawned pink. I unzipped the NIF files for one object and changed the "Example NIF" text with FF Edit. No avail.
I'm using cmdrkoenigs67's Apokolips map (great map, by the way, Dana!). I was trying to use the cuban_missile_transmitter, but had no luck with other templates.
May someone, please, help?
EDIT: Tried the same template with one of the Irrational's maps, worked just fine.  I have to do something special to use an item or object with a custom map?

GogglesPizanno

Most of Dana's maps use a custom texture directory.
With FFvTR if your map uses a custom directory for textures, you have to copy ALL textures for all map objects (even the unedited default ones). So any FFvTR objects that you add to a map that appear pink are missing textures...  you will need to open in Nifskope, figure out what textures the object uses, and then copy them from the art.ff archive into the custom texture folder.

John Jr.

It's working just fine, thanks to you, Goggles.
Thanks a lot for the tip! :thumbup:

John Jr.

It's finished and available in FRP 2.
I wish to say a big "THANK YOU!" to all you, kind souls, to helped this newbie to made this mod:
Tommyboy, Benton Grey, Googles Pizanno, cmdrkoenig67, Previsionary and all the fine gentlemen  who let me use their creations.
Thanks, guys, you are great!

cmdrkoenig67

You're welcome...But I really didn't do much.  BTW...I am making more maps (some you may be able to use for part II).

Dana

John Jr.

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on October 13, 2009, 01:15:39 PM
You're welcome...But I really didn't do much.  BTW...I am making more maps (some you may be able to use for part II).

Dana

I wouldn't be able to do the Mod without your maps, so yeah, you helped a lot, Dana!
More maps?! Great news!!  :thumbup:
(Hoping for an futuristic city map for FFVTTR)

John Jr.

Here we come again :banghead:
I'm using two version of the same supporting character, one an ally ("police") and the other an enemy ("Minion"). Same mesh (Wraith), skin and slightly different stats. I get the talking head to the first version (the enemy), but not to the ally. I repeated all the process to generate captions, with the in-game generator and FF Edit. Nothing changed. May someone, please, give a hand?
Thanks!

yell0w_lantern

Make sure you have anim portraits setup in the resources for each version
Yellow Lantern smash!

John Jr.

Thanks for the tip, Lanterm.
I did it and the talking head is now appearing in Danger Room scenarios, but it's not working in the campaign
mission. The cutscenes with the character don't play and I got the following message in the "script" file:

Spoiler
js.AI_SayPortraitSpeech(Cutscene_ResolveObject(char), truetag, 'PlayCurrentCutscene', cs_num, 0,0.5, -1, 0, -1, 0)
RuntimeError: AI_SayPortraitSpeech(): Object does not exist and 'template only' flag not specified - guard1

"guard1" is the friendly character, of course. Why I can use it normally in DR, but can't in campaign?! I'm lost here...

M25

I'm not sure why it would work in the rumble room and not in a campaign.  Is guard1 a built-in character? Is it showing up on the map at all?

John Jr.

It's a built-in (I only edited Wraith's skin and changed stats, then added her through the in-game add character to data), she appears on the map and fights as planned. All works, except the talking head.

M25

EZ script will fake a talking head for .hero files, but it can't do that for built-ins.  Double check that the built-in character (the one in the .dat files) has an anim_portrait entry in the resources tab of FFEdit.  Also, remove or rename the hero file you were using, since that confuses the game. 

John Jr.

Tried all this, no effect. I had the same problem with other character (and this would use a portrait as talking head). Looks like the problem only happens when I create a second version (same skin and mesh) of a previous character.
Anyway, thanks for helping me!

M25

That's odd.  So the name of the template is guard1?  What is the built-in AI set to (on the characters tab)?

John Jr.

"CZeroCost", same as the original character ("guard").

John Jr.

I'm having the "textures" problem again. I need the "RO_hand_generator" (those creepy hands from Red Oktober's HQ) in my map, but I cannot find the right textures to it.
May someone give me a hand (pun intended) here?
Thanks!

JKCarrier

Quote from: John Jr. on November 09, 2009, 06:16:00 PMI need the "RO_hand_generator" (those creepy hands from Red Oktober's HQ) in my map, but I cannot find the right textures to it.

If you open the hand up in NifSkope, you can look under NiTriShape -> NiTexturingProperty to get the names of the textures:

RedOkt_HideoutEntrance.tga
RedOkt_HideoutLeaves.tga
dirt_mound.tga
dirt_ball.tga
RedOkt_HideoutGodrays.tga

John Jr.