Looking for ideas...

Started by BlueBard, July 29, 2009, 01:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

I'm writing a story arc for villains.  The basic premise is that the player is a villain who, faced with a bad economy, has hired himself out to a supervillain temp agency, sort of a Kelly Services for Villains thing.  It's sort of a counterpart to my 'Day In The Life' for heroes.

I've got three missions written and I'm looking for ideas for one or two more.  Naturally seeking minds of similarly warped humor, I've come here :)

What kinds of jobs would a supervillain temp agency get involved in?  I've already got a bank job, a break-out, and a small gang war.  I'm kicking a few possibilities around in my head, but wouldn't mind more.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Viking

Another possibility would be "throwing down the gauntlet" to take on an established hero.  If a criminal mastermind wants to pull off a heist, but doesn't want the trouble of a big-name hero coming in to foil his plans, he can sub-contract out a general mayhem job to a temp agency to lure said hero's attention.  If the temp actually manages to defeat the hero, then that's a bonus.

Yet another possibility would be if a villain was outraged at the poor coverage he received in a newspaper, and he contracts some temps to help him set bombs to blow up the newspaper headquarters.

BlueBard

I should mention that one of the 'gimmicks' is that the job never quite turns out the way it is supposed to... you know, the usual miscommunication, withheld facts, and 'pointy-haired' bosses that go with many temp jobs but with a villainous, CoV-flavored twist.
STO/CO: @bluegeek