News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

District 9

Started by Uncle Yuan, July 10, 2009, 12:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Yuan

This just kind of popped onto my radar screen within the last couple of days.  What does anyone know about it?  The viral stuff I've seen looks pretty light-hearted, but the trailer is very grim and pseudo-documentary looking.  What's the buzz, tell me what's a-happening . . .
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Kholdstare89

I just saw the trailer for this movie not too long ago.  It looks like I need to start tracking it, as it seems like it could be right up my alley.

Rick Battlemage

I'm definitely going to want to watch this. Seems very interesting.

Here's a link to the trailer that caught my attention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjihaK7HfGs

The Hitman

Do you remember the movie/TV series/TV- movie Alien Nation? It's kinda like that, but a little deeper.

marhawkman

Yeah, deeper and worse in most ways.... I kinda get the feeling that the aliens are actually the good guys.

BWPS

That looks really freakin' awesome! Thanks for sharing.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Trelau

Quote from: marhawkman on July 10, 2009, 05:37:39 PM
I kinda get the feeling that the aliens are actually the good guys.
that's what could make it interesting. there supposed to be refugee, whith no scheme whatsoever. they say it in the trailer "we just wanna go home". i kinda like the base idea for the movie, but it's to soon to tell if i'll go see it.

UnkoMan

I got the impression that they weren't good or bad. Just creatures trying to live their lives.

I agree with the Alien Nation comparison, not that it was the only one to use literal aliens in place of earthly immigrates. It's an easy to use concept though. Judging from the newest trailers, I hope this doesn't devolve into some action packed explosion fest.

Anyhow, I quite liked the fake documentary stuff (and hoped the whole movie would have been like this) as well as the viral marketing campaign. I'm a sucker for that sort of metafiction thing.

marhawkman

Hmm... yeah we'll have to wait and see if this is just cornball fluff or somehting actually interesting.

thanoson

Looks good. Also looked at the following trailers too: 2012, Zombieland, Blood and Daybreakers. These all look really awesome.
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!