News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Skoping Question

Started by jeremy355, July 08, 2009, 02:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremy355

How do I combine two different mesh pieces on to one texture? There's a skope I'm working on with some Taskmaster and Tom Versatile pieces that I would like to have on one texture, rather than two or three different ones. Thanks.

bevo

1. select the NiTrishape of the object.
2. Right click on it.
3. export template.
4. select directory to export it to.
5. open up the texture file that you want,"taskmaster" and compare it to the wireframe template you exported, "Tom_versatile" to make sure the wireframe doesn't overlap with some other piece.
6. If the do not overlap then you can copy and  paste the exported wireframe onto a single file. Select all and copy paste delete everything but the frame.
7. If they overlap then try again with some other texture.
8. Lastly change the name of the Nisourcetextures of the NiTrishape to match.

Hope this helps harder than I thought to explain.

jeremy355

jeremy355

After combining some textures, as shown above by Bevo. I'm having problems getting the reflection tga to work. Anyone have any ideas as to what I might have done wrong or how to fix it?

Cyber Burn

My first guess would be to open up your NiTriShape, and make sure the NiMaterialProperty matches the tga names under the NiTexturingProperty. For instance, if your NiMaterialProperty is named "extras",  then make sure the NiTexturingProperty has an "extras.tga, an extras_refl.tga, and an extras_glow.tga. Hope this helps.

TAP43

One thing I noticed when combinding textures is that only the main skin will move, and the reflect and glow layer will stay in there original location. I don't know if it makes a difference if you change it before you cut and paste the piece to the new mesh, I need to do more testing or hopefuly someone has figured it out and will share  :)

detourne_me

My method is a little simpler i believe, you could use it alternatively.
1. select the NiTrishape
2. open up the NiTexturingProperty trees
3. rename the texture to whatever you like (repeat for refl and glow as well) For example: change embress_bits.tga to extras.tga and taskmaster_extras.tga to extras.tga
4. right click on the NiTrishape selec Texture>Edit UV
5. move the wiremap anywhere you want on the texture file.
7. repeat the process for other pieces that you remapped to extras.tga you can overlap the wiremaps if you want (useful for round pieces like buckles/shields etc.

JKCarrier

Quote from: detourne_me on September 01, 2009, 01:56:35 PM
7. repeat the process for other pieces that you remapped to extras.tga you can overlap the wiremaps if you want (useful for round pieces like buckles/shields etc.

Also note (relevant to what Tap43 was talking about), you have to move the wiremap on the refl and glow layers as well, or they won't line up properly. When you have the UVEditor open, right click on it to bring up the menu item "Select Texture Slot" -- that will allow you switch between the Base, Gloss (refl), and Glow textures. Make sure you move the wiremap on all three to the same spot.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: detourne_me on September 01, 2009, 01:56:35 PM
My method is a little simpler i believe, you could use it alternatively.
1. select the NiTrishape
2. open up the NiTexturingProperty trees
3. rename the texture to whatever you like (repeat for refl and glow as well) For example: change embress_bits.tga to extras.tga and taskmaster_extras.tga to extras.tga

how do you actually move the wiremap? I can highlight the piece that needs to be moved, but nothing happens after that. thanks for putting out this info, really good stuff. :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Nevermind DM, I figured this one out.

On the other hand, JKC, where do I find the "Select Texture Slot"?

Thanks guys.

JKCarrier

Quote from: Cyber Burn on September 05, 2009, 09:06:45 AM
On the other hand, JKC, where do I find the "Select Texture Slot"?

When you have the pane open that shows you the wiremap, right-click on the picture and it should bring up a menu. "Select Texture Slot" should be one of the options. I think they added it fairly recently (at least, I never noticed it until a few weeks ago), so if you have an older version of NifSkope, it might not be there.

jeremy355

Could someone look at this file for me? Nothing that's been discussed has helped at all.