Positron on Issue 16!

Started by Alaric, June 19, 2009, 11:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric

Click this link!

Hmm... No matter how clearly the Devs have stated that Going Rogue will be an expansion, not an issue, it seems it doesn't get through to some people.

However, what those pictures imply is... very, very interesting. Definitely looking forward to this, a feature I've wanted to see since the game came out.
Fear the "A"!!!

Reepicheep

I logged in today to a whole group of people chanting 'blue fire swords!'...

Guess that answers that question.

MJB

Xenolith

Hopefully that extends to Henchmen as well.  I really want my thugs to be dressed in matching costumes.

MJB

I seem to recall someone stating that customizing henchmen would not be possible. But then again they said any type of power customization would be too time consuming.

Reepicheep

Quote from: MJB on June 20, 2009, 06:00:55 PM
I seem to recall someone stating that customizing henchmen would not be possible. But then again they said any type of power customization would be too time consuming.

I imagine a system similar to custom mobs in AE would do the trick... But what do I know?

Alaric

Quote from: Reepicheep on June 20, 2009, 06:07:46 PM
Quote from: MJB on June 20, 2009, 06:00:55 PM

I imagine a system similar to custom mobs in AE would do the trick... But what do I know?

Regardless, it would require an entirely different technology than recoloring powers, which so far is all that Positron has actually indicated would be included. Also, I imagine that customizing henchmen could have otehr kinds of problems- for example, each henchman would essentially be the equivalent of a player character as far as your video card was concerned, and the way characters are stored would have to be altered to allow henchmen appearances to be stored with the character.

It would be nice, though.
Fear the "A"!!!

Courtnall6

I can't believe it took them 16 issues to implement a re-colouring powers system...lazy buggers. :P
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Tortuga

Quote from: Courtnall6 on June 20, 2009, 08:38:21 PM
I can't believe it took them 16 issues to implement a re-colouring powers system...lazy buggers. :P

Very cool.  It makes sense to do this now, as it'll steal just a little bit more thunder from Champions Online.

Lionheart

Quote from: Courtnall6 on June 20, 2009, 08:38:21 PM

Remember that in an interview Positron mentioned that PC was something they couldn't do under Cryptic. You know, back when they were cut down to 15 devs (and now they have around 50 and are still hiring).

Figure Fan

RTTingle

Spud...!!!

Dear friend where are you?  Considering the old threads we had about this... I simply must buy you a drink.

This is bad... bad... bad.

Next I'll want vehicle emotes.

RTT

BlueBard

As cool as recoloring powers is, I sure hope that's not the only surprise issue 16 has for us.  Not to be a spoilsport, but we don't even know how extensive this is.  If it covers nearly every power in nearly every powerset, that's big.

I want to see some more powersets, though.  Or at the very least, some more powerset proliferation.  Probably too soon after the VEAT's to get any new archetypes, but that would be cool too.  We really need to have some option to mix and match certain powerset combinations like we can do for NPC's in MA.

As I recall, there were some pretty cool ideas when they ran that poll awhile back to decide on which new powersets we'd like to see.  I hope they get back around to that list.
STO/CO: @bluegeek