News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

namor vs aquaman

Started by bearded, May 22, 2009, 10:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

wolverine beating lobo??????!!!!!!!!

Dude, you have to give me some of the stuff you're somking, LOL!

Anyway, I though it would end up as a tie.  I can't believe this topic has been going on for so long now.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Kenn

Lobo, in case no one ever noticed is a bit of of a psychopath and a nihilist.  Remember, he engineered a virus to kill off the rest of the Czarnian race.   

He didn't so much lose to Wolverine as he threw the fight, so as to have a hand in having his whole universe destroyed (and probably assuming he, himself, would live through it.)
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

Tawodi Osdi

It is hard comparing two characters from different books but the same company, but when comparing two characters from completely different companies, comparison is beyond difficult.  The main problem is that different fictional universes have different rules of physics and metaphysics.  You are basically trying to compare apples to motorboats.  Aquaman will always have the advantage in th DC universe and Namor will have the advantage in the Marvel universe.  To compare them, you'll have to establish a third neutral universe in which to place them.  I may not be the best person to establish the rules of that universe, but it seems that their are several issues that needs to be taken into account: raw strength, combat training, attitude, overall cleverness, actual powers, and actual powers. 

In all cases, we should make judgments based on either the mean or the average and declare the extreme edges to being either just a good day or bad day, depending on circumstances and point of view.  Raw strength should be based on how much a character can lift and how often he can lift it, and on this issue, both characters seems to be to close too give either a decided advantage.

For combat skills, Namor is an aggressive fighter and his Atlantis is a much more warlike society than is Aquaman's Atlantis; consequently, I feel that Namor would have multiple styles of martial arts available to him, and he would probably be trained in the better systems.  Aquaman's Atlantis doesn't seem to produce as many good fighters; so, whatever passes as martial arts will be retarded in comparison to Namor's Atlantis, and besides, Aquaman does not show any particular combat training apart from experience, raw talent, and persistence.  In a straightforward slug fest, I feel that Namor has the advantage.

For overall cleverness, Aquaman has the advantage.  He is regularly shown coming up with clever solutions to take down much more powerful foes.  Namor, on the other hand, is all arrogance and aggressiveness.  If Aquaman could sucker Namor into a game of cat and mouse, Aquaman could beat him.

If you are talking about two kings waging war, you would have to look the available resource mainly the overall power of the different cultures and they availability of outside friends and allies within the super community.  Namor's Altantis seems much more combat disciplined and more loyal to their king than does Aquaman's.  If the two societies were to wage war, Namor could send Aquaman's people running...swimming for the hills. ather quickly.  Where Aquaman has an advantage is that he actually has reliable friends and allies in the super community.  He could probably easily pull in the Justice League or the Titans.  Namor doesn't have many real friends and a few shaky allies, at best.  The Fantastic Four and Avengers would probably just as likely support Aquaman as Namor and the Defenders would probably stay neutral.

I admit my assessments are based on silver age standards, and I am not an expert with either character.  I welcome a review by those who know the characters better, and of course, if you want to use the modern versions, you would have to change some of the assumptions.

deano_ue

Quote from: JeyNyce on March 15, 2010, 09:01:07 PM
wolverine beating lobo??????!!!!!!!!

Dude, you have to give me some of the stuff you're somking, LOL!

Anyway, I though it would end up as a tie.  I can't believe this topic has been going on for so long now.

the point is and i still stand by it in the rules of the fight in marvel vs dc. wolverine could have beat lobo

the rules stated that to win you just had to immobile your opponent for 3 seconds, and i do think logan could have outsmarted lobo

in a straight up fist fight, logan gives it good but in the end lobo destroys him

Kenn

Anyone else besides me read this months "Aquaman & Etrigan vs Cthonian-esque demon" story in "The Brave and the Bold"!

Aquaman rocked.

More material for Benton's collection of "Aquaman-is-underrated-and-I-can-prove-it" stuff!

deano_ue

some where BG just had a heart attack of pure joy

BentonGrey

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on March 23, 2010, 07:09:59 PM

some where BG just had a heart attack of pure joy

I've seen this, and it was good.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

NONONONONOOOooooo!

ANYTIME Cthulhu is in the mix it is BAD. VERY VERY BAD!

It's a great idea thought...

Kenn

Seriously, go get your hands on a copy of "Brave and the Bold" #32.

It has a very real Aquaman VS Cthulu feel.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Kenn on March 24, 2010, 04:20:02 AM
Seriously, go get your hands on a copy of "Brave and the Bold" #32.

It has a very real Aquaman VS Cthulu feel.

Yeah, I've read a summary of it, and I'll give it a look next time I go to the comic shop.  It looks pretty cool.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/