Castle renewed...

Started by RTTingle, May 18, 2009, 03:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTTingle

Just wanted to spread my cheer.

Not a tv person... but this fun show has caught my attentions and kept 'em.

So I'm happy to hear I'll be seeing it again next season.

RTT

Sevenforce

This, dollhouse, and chuck being renewed has made me a happy chappy. Just need TSCC to be renewed to push me over in ecstatic nerdrotica, but I get the feeling the licence is too expensive to renew :(
I so need booze -_-

GogglesPizanno

Castle is ok, but my main issue is they still are focusing on it too much as a procedural police drama (of which it is pretty bad -- stupidest cops ever) when they need to be focusing more on the interpersonal interaction of the characters. I realize you cant have the two of them hooking up too soon cause it ruins the chemistry, but his relationship with the daughter is really strong, and his joking around with the other police officers is funny. And what happened with the weekly writers poker game? That was a great little joke that could have gotten a lot of mileage as a silly weekly hook, but they just sorta dropped it.

I just get the impression that it wants to be moonlighting, but without the confidence to break away from the standard by the numbers police drama. Its been getting slightly better as it goes on, but they are gonna have to liven it up a little next season to keep my interest in it.

And as for Sarah Connor, while I didn't watch it, EW is reporting that it has been canceled.

Podmark

Yeah Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles is dead :(

On the plus side Scrubs will be back next season :) ... probably with little or none of it's original cast :(
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quotechuck being renewed

Really?  This is good news.  A very well written, clever series and the way they set up for a drastic change next season, I really want to see where it goes.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Mr. Hamrick

Yeah I was really happy Castle was renewed

Glitch Girl

Chuck returns, YAY!

While I like Dollhouse quite a bit (especially as the series progressed, the guy playing Victor is great), Chuck is easily the show I looked forward to most each week.  The season finale was boatloads of awesome.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Tomato

Yay! I'm very happy that Chuck is staying around, even if it is with a few icky budget cuts.

MikeB7

Very excited to see Chuck renewed, I love that show. 

Dollhouse definitely got better the second half of it's season, so I'm looking forward to seeing if it continues that trend.  I agree about Victor - he's a great actor.  Each of his personalities felt like different people, and his Dominic was SPOT ON.  Was really impressed with him.  But it also brought to light Dushku's lesser (IMO) acting.  While I certainly enjoy watching her prance around in skimpy outfits, there didn't seem to be much difference in her characters in the sense of the way they moved, the expressions they had.  So it seemed, to me at least, she *looked* like she was acting, where Victor just felt natural.  Sierra's cool too.

BTW, on a related note with Castle, did you all catch the scene where he used Faith's catchphrase "Five by five"?  That was a great little shout-out to the Whedonverse.   :thumbup: 

catwhowalksbyhimself

I just took a look at NBC's schedule.  Very interesting.

Basically, it looks like they'll run all Heroes episodes pretty much straight through, then replace it with Chuck until the summer.  Not a bad plan, actually.  Fewer repeats that way.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.