The spin off from the spin off - Deadpool movie

Started by Uncle Yuan, May 06, 2009, 03:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Yuan

Is anyone surprised by this?  Didn't think so.

edit - the article seems to be a moving target.  Here it is quoted:

QuoteFresh off the muscular performance of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" at the boxoffice, Fox has thrown into development a spinoff featuring Deadpool, the wise-cracking mercenary played in the film by Ryan Reynolds.

Reynolds is attached to reprise the character for what for now is simply being called "Deadpool." Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel Studios would act as producers.

Deadpool is known as "the merc with a mouth," a character that under Reynolds lived up to his billing in "Wolverine" until the end, when the movie deviated from the comic book persona, imbuing him with several superpowers and sewing his mouth shut.

It is understood that Reynolds would regain the ability to mouth off, with the movie going back to the roots of the character known for his slapstick tone and propensity to break the fourth wall. The character also was disfigured in "Wolverine," though it's unclear at this time how much the studio would want to mess with Reynolds' handsome mug.

The project is out to writers.

Fox considered a "Deadpool" spinoff early in "Wolverine's" development process, which is why it cast Reynolds. The actor was brought back in the month before the movie's release to shoot one of two "Easter egg" scenes that appeared after the end credits. The scene showed Deadpool alive, though when last audiences saw him, he appeared to be dead.

UTA-repped Reynolds next stars opposite Sandra Bullock in Disney's romantic comedy "The Proposal."

"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Previsionary

Disappear when you least expe--

thalaw2

DP was did some serious wrong in Wolvie movie, but it would hardly warrant his own movie unless it's straight to DVD. 

DP in the Hulk cartoon was spot on with dialogue so I wouldn't mind seeing an animated DP movie.
革命不会被电视转播

Tomato

Quote from: thalaw2 on May 06, 2009, 03:48:19 AM
DP was did some serious wrong in Wolvie movie, but it would hardly warrant his own movie unless it's straight to DVD. 

DP in the Hulk cartoon was spot on with dialogue so I wouldn't mind seeing an animated DP movie.

First, *was done. Second, depends on which point in the movie you're referring to. Sure, Weapon XI was garbage (and it was) but if Ryan takes his performance as Wade and totally steps that up to that Deadpool level of crazy? Then I'm cool with it.

thalaw2

革命不会被电视转播

steamteck

Don't like Deadpool at all ( comic version) but  I do like Reynolds. I may end up seeing it. If they deviate doesn't matter to me obviously.

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Podmark

Awesome, that's the news I've been waiting to hear.
And honestly if they keep his face handsome for Reynolds I'd be ok with it. Just throw in a mask for a bit.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Shogunn2517

Now... we do know that this won't be from the same storyline of the Wolverine movie, right?

Reynolds is pretty much reprising the character in a different story, not connected to the movie at all.

Which is a bettery way seeing how they totally pooched it in the movie.

Ares_God_of_War

There was something about the process not being finished or stable at the point he was activated so I wouldnt be suprised if he lost all his powers but the regeneration and still kept it in canon with Wolverine - he would probably keep those forearm swords though
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

Talavar

Those forearm swords are powerfully stupid though; I hope they ditch them.

Shogunn2517

No guys, I'm saying he's going to have his own separate movie, separate storyline and characterization much more closer to the comic.  It won't follow the storyline at all.  No optic blast, no forearm kitanas, no no mouth.  It will be Deadpool in his original, non X-Men Orgins form.

Ares_God_of_War

No I doubt they would do a reboot off a spinoff to make it closer to where it should have been. It will most likely be in continuity with Origins and will probably find a way to get rid of the powers although on some yahoo article it was saying he would be able to absorb them but its still early. As for the mouth

Spoiler
One of the secret endings has Deadpool reaching for his head and from what I heard his mouth is back open and he tells the audience "shhhhhhh" - thats just what I have heard my ending was the japanese bar
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

Podmark

I read, on newsarama I think, that Ryan Reynolds was brought back to do the Deadpool ending. He didn't play Weapon XI/Deadpool after the changes were made to him.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Shogunn2517

Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on May 08, 2009, 08:06:44 AM
No I doubt they would do a reboot off a spinoff to make it closer to where it should have been. It will most likely be in continuity with Origins and will probably find a way to get rid of the powers although on some yahoo article it was saying he would be able to absorb them but its still early. As for the mouth

Spoiler
One of the secret endings has Deadpool reaching for his head and from what I heard his mouth is back open and he tells the audience "shhhhhhh" - thats just what I have heard my ending was the japanese bar

This is what I'm saying:
http://www.mania.com/fox-to-wade-into-deadpool_article_114812.html?gr_i_ni

Spoiler
QuoteAlthough the character's appearance and abilities in the 'Wolverine' movie are significantly altered, filmmakers aim to bring him back in manner more consistent with the comic book character.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quotewill probably find a way to get rid of the powers

Easy to explain.  Just say that his healing were really pushed to the max putting him back together, to the point where they "healed" anything at all foreign to him, including any mental damage done earlier and all other powers given to him, leaving him with just regeneration.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Xorn

And remember the scientist that was working on Weapon XI said that the bonding of the powers was not yet complete but Striker ordered her to activate him prematurely... That single line can be used in the following Deadpool movie to explain his loss of most of the other powers, with no need to make up any other explanations.
99 red balloons floating in the summer sky
Panic bells, it's RED ALERT
There's something here from somewhere else
The WAR machine springs to life
Opens up one eager EYE
While 99 red balloons go by.