News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Huzzah for MA arcs

Started by Tortuga, April 14, 2009, 06:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tortuga

Hey everybody,

Viking and I are getting together Thursday night to play through some FR-authored published MA arcs, probably starting at 8:30 pm EST.  We'd love to get a group together so we can experience the full awesomeness of these missions.  We're going to take time to read the mission dialogue, etc. that people have put work into.

I'd also like to use these threads to share positive experiences in each others' MA arcs, as well as recommendations for outside-FR arcs.  There are plenty of great stories in the swamp of ph4rms and effortless schlok.  Share...What did you love?  What did you laugh about?  That kinda stuff.  If you're posting a potential spoiler to a story, use the spoiler tags.

Let's celebrate well-composed MA arcs!

Funeral-Pyre

If I can convince Top to log on, I would love to join you guys.  If I do convince him, we may be a little late, but I'll shoot you guys a tell. 

I, too, have been loving the MA system.  I have not played many people's arc--only three in fact from AS, Zap, and TW.  I have been so involved with creating my own stories, but I am done with that--for now.  I look forward to playing other people's content.

And, since we're supposed to give a shoutout, I really enjoyed AS's Wonderland arc.  The writing from dialogue to character description was funny.  You also have to love the talking bombs.

Zapow

I can't make it Thursday unfortunately. Have fun!
[img width=145 height=45]http://home.cogeco.ca/~gdaybloke/HB/hbanim.gif[/img]

"I hold to a simple philosophy: Just assume everyone's a piece of crap and then be pleasantly surprised if you find anyone who ain't." - Luke Cage

Tortuga

I played Viking's "Cutthroat Competition" and was really impressed by how polished it was.  The flow, the dialogue and all the info was impressively put together.  I'm trying to get Viking's feedback before I publish any arc now, as he's proven to a great asset in that department.

Marm and I played "Too Many Meows" and it was fun to be surrounded by tons of Marms.  I also liked seeing all the major versions of Marmeille thrown together in a story.

Viking

And one of my favorites thus far has been "Bases Loaded," by Tortuga.  Great thematic design of a custom group, plus some hilarious humor that is distinctly Tort's.

El Condor

Quote from: Tortuga on April 14, 2009, 06:24:18 PM
Hey everybody,

Viking and I are getting together Thursday night to play through some FR-authored published MA arcs, probably starting at 8:30 pm EST.  We'd love to get a group together so we can experience the full awesomeness of these missions.  We're going to take time to read the mission dialogue, etc. that people have put work into.

I'd also like to use these threads to share positive experiences in each others' MA arcs, as well as recommendations for outside-FR arcs.  There are plenty of great stories in the swamp of ph4rms and effortless schlok.  Share...What did you love?  What did you laugh about?  That kinda stuff.  If you're posting a potential spoiler to a story, use the spoiler tags.

Let's celebrate well-composed MA arcs!

Unfortunately, I'm heading out of town that night  :(   But I'll be on tomorrow (Wednesday) for a while, and will definitely be checking out FR-NRF arcs.

EC
"Things would be so different, if they were not as they are." - Anna Russell

Viking

I suddenly feel like a complete doofus for forgetting that I have face-to-face tabletop gaming this Thursday.  And since the game now only meets once a month, I'd rather not miss it.  My sincere apologies to Tort, who was organizing this.

B A D

dagnabbit, My arc won't be finished by Thursday. Friday for sure, but not by tommorow. Im taking my sweet good time with it.

Maybe we can put aside Revivals for Sunday and just have everybody join in and enjoy the awesomeness that is our stuff.

PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.

Tortuga

I'll still see what I can get going Thursday night.  This won't be a one-time-only kinda thing.

Courtnall6

Game 1 of the Montreal vs Boston playoff series is Thursday night...I might be able to make it on...depending on the score at 8:30...
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

BlueBard

If we can do a repeat of this next week, I'd love to join in.  I'd have to pass on tonight; it's my wife's birthday and we're celebrating a little bit.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Tortuga

We had a group of 7 going for awhile, and it coulda been 8 except that MJB didn't wanna hang out :(

We managed to play 3 fairly long arcs - FP's, TW's and mine.  It was fun to finally try "Bases Loaded" with a group.  It was especially helpful to get a sense of what tweaks need to happen.

Anyways, thanks for showing up, folks.  We'll do it again soon!

Funeral-Pyre

A good time was had by all.  Sorry we had to leave before running your arc, Tort, but Top and I were getting tired.  We will have to run it again next time. 

By the way, my favorite of the night was watching Mikey get all misty eyed after he saw Worm and his true love Penny reunited.  You should have all been there! 

MikeB7

It was an Elseworlds arc!  Out of continuity!  He was wearing the wrong costume!  He was an imposter!  It was...he wasn't...it...NOOOOOO!!!

B A D

Anybody up for doing this type of deal tonite?
PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.

Tortuga

I would be, but I'll have to see what the family has in store (we have visitors for the week).

AncientSpirit

I am very anxious to join one of these teams that go into FR made arcs.   Unfortunately, my back went out (again) about 1-1/2 weeks ago and I am not allowed to sit at my computer ... excpet to work, whenever the drugs wear off long enough for me to write a coherent sentence.

It's a shame too, since I only have one arc myself ... but was closing in on a sci-fi mission that I was growing quite fond of.  But it will have to wait.

So as soon as I'm up to it, I hope you'll find a spot for me on one of these MA teams.   
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

El Condor

Sorry to hear, AS  :(

Get better soon, amigo!
"Things would be so different, if they were not as they are." - Anna Russell