Vertex

Okay,

I gotta ask ...

What the heck is a shirlettes/tutelettes???? :blink:  :wacko:  :huh:
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

TaskMasterX

I don't believe this. When did I ever say FFX was perfect or that my time was more important than anyone else's? You quoted me in your post, so how am I not suppose to think that it wasn't direct at me? Sheesh!
Of course FFX could use updating - I've never viewed it as anything other than a work in progress, and I'm sure that the other FFX Members feel the same. My point was that updating FFX to incorporate customizations from both .py files would probably be more important than changing the animation names for some attributes just to make use of animations that don't exist and make those that don't customize go through a hassle of getting it to work. But, who knows, M25, Stumpy, or one of the others could come up with something ingenious so it wouldn't be a hassle and that'd be grand. But I haven't heard anything yet. ;)
I think Goggles is right, let's wait and see.

laughing paradox

Soo....

About that idea for an attribute that could change an enemy into a another, predetermined charater... possible?

:)

Vertex

Yo TmX,

Ignoring what IPS has said entirely, Here's the big impasse.. I think perhaps that wasn't gulfed, that your last post made apparent.*sigh* and bear in mind I say this with FULL understanding that this matter is ENTIRELY dropped. I never meant to imply any people working on FFX should make any changes to the current system. What I meant to suggest and request was a list of all current animation calls to better figure out how to work with them, AND to request you guys to get together and decide if there were any animation calls that you as a collective would want to, need to, or be willing to change into different calls and to name them so they could be made. Now by that... I mean you would decide.. give the names you wanted... and then DO NOTHING.

That list of what you would change IF GIVEN would then be taken and made reality... not only in any future meshes I made in my style but "basic" mesh versions given to add into all other types. At THAT point you guys would then make the changes to the system that you already approved. I'm also assuming that other meshers would follow the same directives you guys gave to their own creations.

Anyways, what came across from your side was that you see one animation call you see worthy of changing and that would be for the "throw_object" anim and making new versions of that for use. As such what is my plan in response? To make a few "throw_object" replacements for male_basic and female_basic and then leave them to the side until you guys decide on naming convention. Otherwise I'm just gonna continue further with making a myriad of animations for my own style of meshes to replace most if not all of what you guys use currently for people to use with the editor. Case closed and everybody on either side of this discussion I think will be happy. Thanks again for the list and I appreciate your help.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

GogglesPizanno

Quote from: Vertex on January 07, 2009, 03:14:49 AM
Okay,

I gotta ask ...

What the heck is a shirlettes/tutelettes???? :blink:  :wacko:  :huh:
Short version:
- Prev became Tutie, cause his reply to everything was a link to some tutorial.
- I became Shirley because Tutie watched the movie Airplane one too many times.
- The Shirlettes were born when my private army (created to kill Randy) underwent a name change to match the new moniker -- and the R&B world tour.
- The Tutlettes were born when the Shirlettes were killed (I think) and I went back out on the road (for the 1967 tour) and Prev mistakenly thought that my backup singers should be named after him.

Yadda Yadda Yadda...The end result is that everything bad that happens on the board is now Tuties fault.

Previsionary

No, no, no!

1) My reply to MOST "questions" was a link to either the comprehensive list or to a previous thread that contained the answer. I didn't do all that archiving and reading for nothing, dangit.

2) I named you after a squirrel in my previous mod thread. Pay attention, bum! But actually, you called yourself "Shirley" in your sig and I just made it mainstream.

3)You hated the gogglerangers! You called them lame! I wouldn't be surprised if YOU killed them and had them cloned....hellscorp in the making.

4)The tutelettes came about sometime last month when you made a post in IPS's thread...you refuse to take on your new moniker but liked the new group. Don't blame that on me! But no worries, you're still Tutie-Shirley to me!

5) I heard your concert failed in parts of Europe and mid-western USA. Sad.

Now, back to your previous programming of:

Quote from: laughing paradox on January 07, 2009, 04:45:56 AM
Soo....

About that idea for an attribute that could change an enemy into a another, predetermined charater... possible?

Disappear when you least expe--

TaskMasterX

Quote from: laughing paradox on January 07, 2009, 04:45:56 AM
Soo....

This should be fairly simple to do. I'm thinking of a modified version of the Transmute Power Swap? Instead of changing enemies into certain object templates, they get changed into a template designated in your customization.

M25

For the animations, any of the ones on TaskmasterX's list could use new ones.  I'd particularly like to see something for summoning and control type abilities like Telekinesis, or Puppet Master that currently rely on drop_pole or throw_object.

As a naming convention, I suggest prefacing animations with ffx_  and using descriptive names so it is immediately obvious what they are for.  So ffx_tk_lift, ffx_tk_throw, ffx_tk_move, etc.

I think we can easily add new powers to the standard ffx powers.dat file keyed to new animations and then let users pick the power they want inside the control centre (a simple pick from a list) or the ffx custom files.  The hardcoded ones would have to be examined on a case-by-case basis to see how or if they can be modified.

TaskMasterX

Quote from: M25 on January 07, 2009, 04:18:18 PM
For the animations, any of the ones on TaskmasterX's list could use new ones.  I'd particularly like to see something for summoning and control type abilities like Telekinesis, or Puppet Master that currently rely on drop_pole or throw_object.

As a naming convention, I suggest prefacing animations with ffx_  and using descriptive names so it is immediately obvious what they are for.  So ffx_tk_lift, ffx_tk_throw, ffx_tk_move, etc.

I think we can easily add new powers to the standard ffx powers.dat file keyed to new animations and then let users pick the power they want inside the control centre (a simple pick from a list) or the ffx custom files.  The hardcoded ones would have to be examined on a case-by-case basis to see how or if they can be modified.
All excellent suggestions. Ecspecially the last one. This way the original dummy powers and animations are still there and are still the defaults for those fearful messing around in FFEdit and FFXCC. AND, by creating alternate dummy powers with new animations, those of us that like to customize have less work to do. This will work great for those Attributes that use dummy powers, but those that have only an Animation customization, will still require people to type in the name of the animation in FFXCC. It'd be nice to have a list that FFXCC can read from ffxdefault.py, but then I think we might run into the size limitations since FFXCC is currently maxed out. I may be wrong though.

TaskMasterX

Well Puppet Master allows you to change an object into character and I think LP wants to change other characters into characters, similar to the way the Doppleganger Power works. Is this correct, LP?
It could probably be done either way, but I guess it would also depend on LP's choice of using a Power to execute this (Power Swap) or a command, like attributes do. With a Power Swap, it could also be set up to be used as an area power with a Special Power Swap (like using Displace Image or Cloak) or as an Explosive Projectile (using the LimeyLure Swap).

crimsonquill

Quote from: TaskMasterX on January 07, 2009, 08:15:45 PM
Well Puppet Master allows you to change an object into character and I think LP wants to change other characters into characters, similar to the way the Doppleganger Power works. Is this correct, LP?

I'm kinda liking where this request is going...

I've been wanting to have a voodoo-type character be able to touch characters on a map (i.e. civilians or player characters) and transform them into zombies which in turn become an army of undead against the remaining players. Or even if you want to have a Romero-like Rumble Room mission where zombies can transform everyone on the map into zombies... which is very tempting for having "Marvel Zombies" show up or even allow Ash an Army Of Darkness moment to kick some deadites around in a city being slowly taken over.

Another direction might allow a villian like X-Factor's Infectia to turn people into deformed superpowered mutants ("Anti-bodies"), The Goblin Queen changing people into her demons, or even technorganic beings like the Phalanx/Technarc to infect people as well.. of course these are just Marvel Comics examples this could be used for...

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

laughing paradox

Quote from: TaskMasterX on January 07, 2009, 08:15:45 PM
It could probably be done either way, but I guess it would also depend on LP's choice of using a Power to execute this (Power Swap) or a command, like attributes do. With a Power Swap, it could also be set up to be used as an area power with a Special Power Swap (like using Displace Image or Cloak) or as an Explosive Projectile (using the LimeyLure Swap).

You hit the nail right on the head.

It's about changing a character into another character, just like Doppleganger. I actually would prefer it be a power swap because it allows more flexibility in what power to base it on and the ability for a character to resist. I could make it off of a magic power for some character while I could use an energy power for others. The idea of using it as an area power swap is even better and one I didn't even think about. It would work in a lot of ways, like crimson said, regarding zombies (which I love).. and many other ways.

yell0w_lantern

Egg laying can be done with a summoning swap. You summon the larva/egg/whatever that has the accidental change attribute with either minuteup or randomtimeup as a trigger and no revert.
Yellow Lantern smash!

GogglesPizanno

The problem I ran into with with the accidental change and that idea, is that whenever a "character" is spawned that should behave like an object (no movement, no actions etc) I always ended up with a slow moving Block that tried to attack the player ala the Monty Python limbless black knight. Its like the object was trying to ram me into submission... or run away....

DrMike2000

Transmutation swaps, could, I believe, be set up on a per-character basis to call a function to return the template that the target gets turned into.

I think I set this up with a isPan() function or something like that, that checked in the target was male - return man_bull otherwise return a random sylph from the three types.

I cant remember if this ever actually worked, and it did require custom coding top do exactly what you wanted.

Anyway, it would be possible to make this function as complex as you liked to achieve a specific effect.

I thought about making Puppet Master customisable beyond the two basic types and gave up, although I think a decent coder could set up a third type pretty easily using the existing code as a template - the two existing attributes are totally distinct but share a lot of code.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

TaskMasterX

You could have multiple templates that the target can be switched too. The problem with a Swap is that you wouldn't be able to choose which template the target gets changed into. It'd be either a specific one in your customization or a random one. Using an Attribute, on the other hand, would allow you to choose, through the command menu, which template the target gets changed into. But, you wouldn't be able to use the area effects with an Attribute version, like you could with a Swap. Well, you might, but it'd be difficult to code. So, maybe an Attribute and Power Swap version shouldn't be to difficult, considering that there's already alot of code that exists that can be used and modified for this.

yell0w_lantern

Speed and agility 1 add armored or another attribute to slow it down further - and no attacks.
Personally, I just make it a built-in and give it no AI.
Yellow Lantern smash!

BentonGrey

So, let me knock the dust off this thread.  I've been meaning to add Captain Marvel Jr. and Mary Marvel to the DCUG for some time now.  I've got the meshes and skins sitting in my test folder, just waiting for me to get to them, but one thing has always held me back.  There isn't any way (that I know of) to simulate the way the Marvel's work.  Whenever Captain Marvel and his cohorts SHARE the power, they all get a bit weaker.  Could we do a charged pair kind of attribute that made the characters LESS powerful if taken on the same mission?  Ideally, they would lose a bit of all their stats instead of just energy, but even the energy would be a big help.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

yell0w_lantern

That sounds like a tough one. Parasite would be kind of close.

Btw, do you have my Mary Marvels?
Yellow Lantern smash!

BentonGrey

No, I don't think I do.  Where can I find them, YL? :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

TaskMasterX

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I recently made up some code for the Fenris Twins (Andreas and Andrea Strucker) where while one of the twins uses  their power, the other twin loses the command to trigger their power. After the power is finished being fired off, the commands appear for each twin until one uses it. Maybe it could be modified for your idea, BG.

Discoking090

Is there a mod for  :ff: that has all of the ffx attributes from 2.2 to 2.6?

laughing paradox

I recently thought of something..

For the Illusionist attribute, could we have a few templates to use, instead of just one?

Also, I've noticed, when a character creates an illusion with that attribute, the actual illusion spawns with a powerful boom, knocking over any characters in its vicinity. Does that happen to anyone else?

Epimethee

Disco: (Better late than never): As FFX 2.x replaces the default game, every mod could theoretically have the attributes. But no, AFAIK, none has every one of them. The Strangers is the nearest one, I guess.

Paradox: Not sure, but IIRC the knockback effect was added to solve a bug. As for using more than one template, yes it's possible; however, this would require changing the customization format used for the FFX Control Centre, thus breaking compatibility with existing users' customizations.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

laughing paradox

Ok, thanks for the reply, Ep

lugaru

Long range attacks: even the longest range is now really short, it would be useful to have some long range versions of attacks in the game such as a "sniper shot" or "heat vision". These can be individually set up in FFEDIT but it is nice to have some made that you can just select for characters.

Invulnerable buildings: is there a way to give buildings like 10 points of invulnerability?

yell0w_lantern

If you know how to set it up in FFEdit then just make sure you don't select the "not available for custom" flag and you can just select it for any old custom you want.
Yellow Lantern smash!

lugaru

Yeah, I'll have to set up some new "generic" long range attacks since I just re-installed my game and lost my old ones. It is always funny when the punisher needs to get a few feet away to shoot somebody with a sniper rifle.

Another attribute I would love to see is "master plan"

Basically if the character is not taken out in a minute his Master Plan transpires, with a few to choose from:

Mad Bomber: several land mines appear in the general vicinity (great for Joker)
Enviromental Catasrophe: several radioactive barrels appear in the vicinity
Hellgate: takes some damage to destroy it, meanwhile it spits out demons
etc.