I didn't know you could...

Started by BlueBard, April 13, 2009, 06:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

I didn't know you could... play your own missions for rewards.

I knew you didn't get rewards during mission testing and assumed that was true for playing your own mission as well.  But, I could and I did.  XP and tickets and badges.  I thought that was supposed to limit  abuse, but it looks as if you will be able to set up and benefit from your own little farms.  I've played more than one mission by other players that were little more than badge or ticket farms.

Post your own little discoveries here!  We'll figure out the tips and tricks together!
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Tortuga

Someone was saying in the FRNRF channel that mobs in MA mishes don't count toward badges.  Can anyone confirm this?

Reepicheep

They count only towards MA badges. No general defeat badges

Confirmed!

Edit: RE: exploitation... I heard from the grapevine that a friend of a friend had his ticket-bought items removed because he was exploiting the MA. He had got a newbie from lvl 1-10 in 30 minutes using his own farm mish. I think they're on the hunt for it, but it won't be long before they have to get lax about it.

BlueBard

Quote from: Reepicheep on April 13, 2009, 07:22:43 PM
They count only towards MA badges. No general defeat badges

Confirmed!

Edit: RE: exploitation... I heard from the grapevine that a friend of a friend had his ticket-bought items removed because he was exploiting the MA. He had got a newbie from lvl 1-10 in 30 minutes using his own farm mish. I think they're on the hunt for it, but it won't be long before they have to get lax about it.

The only badges I earned were MA-specific.  But I doubt they have a good way to prevent farming for those.

Not that I'd waste one of my story slots on a farm.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Lionheart

If you couldn't get rewards for playing your own missions, there really wouldn't be any point in publishing them. I don't care about getting ratings; I'm writing things I hope my family and friends (which includes FR) will enjoy. It would be nice if others enjoy them as well , but that's not the focal point for me.

To me, the main benefit of the MA is that you can create stuff for your SG or just simply content that you want to play, either solo or with family/friends. When I hit those dry areas where I don't care for the regular content that is open to me, I can create my own content and level past the dry spots. I fully intend on running both regular content and MA content.

Is it open for exploitation? Sure. Just like the rest of the game. Is it a big deal? Maybe. I don't know.

But hopefully they won't nerf the rest of us because a few people are more concerned about farming and leveling quickly than about playing the content.

Viking

Until recently, I didn't know that you could...

Rate an arc with Zero stars.  Positron gave instructions on how in a thread on the CoH forums.  When you have the opportunity to rate an arc, click a certain number of stars (like 1, for example), and then click that same number again.  The game then tells you that you have rated that arc at Zero Stars.