#Map: JLA#3-Superman

Story: 03jla

#----------------------------------

Encounter: Begin
Type: Cutscene
Next: MTrap1, Join1

Start Cutscene:
Fade for 2 seconds
narrator says, "Back in Metropolis, Superman heads for S.T.A.R. Labs in an effort to obtains some answers about the mysterious threat in orbit, but he finds himself distracted by a danger closer to home."
Set lighting to night
Camera on Hero1
Unfade for 3 seconds
Hero1 says, "Ohh! Jimmy's wristcom's signal...he must be in trouble! S.T.A.R. Labs will have to wait..."

#-------------------------------------------------------------

Encounter: MTrap1
Type: Switchable Power Trap
Villains: disguise_martian, disguise_martian, disguise_martian, disguise_martian
Allies: jimmy_olsen
Item: nazihq_hypno_sphere
Switches: switch
Trap Power: martianw gauntlet
Primary Objective: "Find and rescue Jimmy Olsen" for 25 prestige
Marker: trap1

Start Cutscene:
Camera on Hero1
Fade for 2 seconds
Villain4 teleports to encounter1
Camera on Ally1
Unfade for 3 seconds
Hero1 moves to Ally1
Ally1 turns to Hero1
Ally1 says, "Help!"
Camera on Hero1
Hero1 says, "Jimmy! Are you alright?"
Camera on Villain1
Villain1 turns to Hero1
Villain1 plays animation melee
Villain1 says, "<The Kryptonian has blundered into our trap, activate the weapons!>"
Camera on Hero1
Hero1 says, "Jimmy, have they harmed you? Why don't you say something?"
Camera on Ally1
Fade for 2 seconds
Ally1 teleports to trap2
Ally1 is destroyed
Villain4 teleports to trap1
Camera on Villain4
Villain4 turns to Hero1
Unfade for 3 seconds
Villain4 says, "<Haha, now the fool dies!>"
Villain4 plays animation ranged
Camera on Hero1
Hero1 says, "A trap, that thing is some kind of shapeshifter!"
Hero1 says, "Who are you people, what do you want?"
Camera on Villain1
Villain1 says, "Your death Kryptonian!"

End Cutscene:
Camera on Hero1
Hero1 says, "A little X-Ray vision would have solved that mystery, still, it takes more than fancy technology to put me down...but where is the real Olsen? It shouldn't take me too long to find him..."

Encounter: Join1
Type: Campaign Recruit
Allies: superman
Next: None

Encounter: MTrap2
Type: Custom
Actions: Item Exists, Villains Fight Heroes, Item Starts On Ground, Item Has Power, Item Uses Power on Heroes, Item Can Be Switched Off, Switches Exist, Allies Can Be Freed, Allies In Cages, Allies Do Not Fight
Villains: disguise_martian, disguise_martian, disguise_martian, disguise_martian
Allies: jimmy_olsen
Item: nazihq_hypno_sphere
Switches: switch
Trap Power: martianw gauntlet
Primary Objective: "Search for the real Jimmy Olsen" for 25 prestige
Marker: trap2
Next: Boom1, Chase1

Start Cutscene:
Camera on Hero1
Hero1 turns to Villain1
Hero1 says, "If you've hurt him, you'll regret it...whatever you are!"
Camera on Villain1
Villain1 turns to Hero1
Villain1 plays animation power
Villain1 says, "<The kryptonian survived our first trap, the yellow sun must give him more power than we anticipated. No matter, destroy him!>"

End Cutscene:
Ally1 moves to Hero1
Hero1 turns to Ally1
Ally1 says, "Su..Superman? What...what happened?"
Hero1 says, "I was hoping you could tell me Jimmy, I came back to town and got a distress call from your watch."
Ally1 says, "Well, gee Superman, I don't know...I was trying to get some shots of the new display at the museum when these military guys walked up, said something about how I needed to come with them...and that's all I can remember."
Hero1 says, "Well, you better get back to the Planet Jimmy, there might be more of these things around."

Encounter: Chase1
Type: Hunt
Villains: disguise_martian, disguise_martian, disguise_martian, disguise_martian, disguise_martian, disguise_martian
Secondary Objective: "Take out all of the strange soldiers in the city" for 50 prestige
Next: Chase1

Encounter: Boom1
Type: Disarm Bomb
Bomb: nazihq_temporal_amplifier
Primary Objective: "Find the bomb and disarm it before Metropolis runs out of time" for 100 prestige
Next: If Bomb Disarmed: __win__
Next: If Bomb Exploded: __lose__

Alert Cutscene:
Camera on Hero1
Hero1 plays animation pain
Villain1 says telepathically, "Kryptonian! We know who you are, we know what you are!"
Hero1 plays animation stunned
Hero1 says, "A voice...in my mind!"
Villain1 says telepathically, "We possess a bomb powerful enough to vaporize this miserable little collection of primitve hovels. If you wish these morsels you call humans to survive, you have five minutes to surrender to us, and we shall spare them!"
Hero1 says, "I don't think my surrender would save Metropolis...but can I take that risk? I've got less than five minutes, I hope that's enough time. I've got to find that bomb!"

Bomb Exploded Cutscene:
Camera on Hero1
Hero1 says, "No! I failed, I was too slow...but I'm never too slow!"
Fade for 2 seconds

End Cutscene:
Camera on Hero1
Hero1 says, "Well, that should teach them to stay out of Metropolis! Now on to S.T.A.R. Labs for some answers..."

I assume it has something to do with the objectives, because that is the only modification I made to the mission.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BentonGrey

A divergent question, but one that hopefully will be met with more success.  Can you Un-Recruit a character through EZScript?  I'm campaign-ifying my JSA missions now, but I am wondering what will happen when I put them in the character pool, say, for future missions.  They shouldn't be available, but I don't know how to purge them.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

John Jr.

Benton,
I had the same problem trying generate captions with EZ Script Editor, but when I tried generate the captions with the in-game generator it worked fine. Maybe it is a EZ Editor bug.

BentonGrey

Quote from: John Jr. on August 28, 2009, 03:31:11 AM
Benton,
I had the same problem trying generate captions with EZ Script Editor, but when I tried generate the captions with the in-game generator it worked fine. Maybe it is a EZ Editor bug.

Yep John Jr., the in-game generator works.  I think it may have something to do with objectives or recruitment encounters.
God Bless

yell0w_lantern

I had that error once before. I believe I had to start over fresh in notepad and type everything from scrtach.  I opened up all the files in a python editor and looked at the line numbers - they all looked fine. Some kind of weird file corruption I guess.
Haven't had the problem again until I tried to do one of your JLA base texts.
Yellow Lantern smash!

BentonGrey

The problem is me!  That seems about right.
God Bless

Previsionary

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 31, 2009, 04:52:27 PM

Oh, Benton... the problem is ALWAYS you. Even when it isn't. Acceptance is good for the soul. :P
Disappear when you least expe--

BentonGrey

Quote from: Previsionary on August 31, 2009, 04:56:22 PM
Quote from: BentonGrey on August 31, 2009, 04:52:27 PM

Oh, Benton... the problem is ALWAYS you. Even when it isn't. Acceptance is good for the soul. :P

When it is computer related, that is sadly true....even when it isn't a matter of user error, I seem to have a Harry Dresden field. 
God Bless

yell0w_lantern

No, corrupted file; happens to everyone.  :rolleyes:
Yellow Lantern smash!