News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Combining Attributes

Started by John Jr., August 24, 2009, 05:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Jr.

How I can create new attributes on FFX3? I need create something like the "Classic Superhuman", to combine certain attributes. How I can do that?
Thanks on advance!

stumpy

The starting point is to read the FFX manual that installed with the mod and is also available online. Under Attributes, there is a section on Combination Attributes that goes over the process. As suggested, check the attributes table to see which attributes can be used in a combo, since some have been added (and some built-in attributes, like flier, are now scriptable) since that page was written.

If you get stuck with that, post exactly where you are having problems and what they are. In other words, what exactly did you try, what did you expect to happen, and what happened (or didn't happen) instead. You may also get some answers if you search for ffxmulti here and on the archive site (), you will find some threads relevant to getting combo attributes working.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

John Jr.

Got it! Thanks a lot! I didn't know how to use the "strings.txt" to change the game name and description for the attribute.

spydermann93

You enter the name of the attribute in FFEdit and type in the cost. Then you go to the strings.txt and go to the bottom of the attribute section. Copy one of the existing attribute descriptions and replace that attributes name with the name of your new attribute. Once you've done that, run the language file generator in FFEdit to process the strings.txt. It will take several minutes so just go do something else and check back later to see if it's done. Then the attribute should be in game with the name you specified. If it has ATTRIB_(then your attribute's name) then you did something wrong.