Fast & Furious

Started by vamp, April 04, 2009, 01:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vamp

I saw it last night and it wasn't too bad. Granted, I went in knowing that the acting was gonna suck, and more than likely so would the plot, but I was actually surprised that it wasn't as mind numbing as I thought. It has a good bit of humor to (especially if you saw the first one). Anyone else see it or interested in going?

GogglesPizanno

It was a weird mish mash of the previous 3 all sorta rolled together.
The films are basically a cartoon at this point.
I liked it for what it was, but then I'm a fan of Vin Diesel so I like seeing the guy get work.
That and the use of more Muscle Cars was a nice change.

Spoiler
As a revenge flick I think it worked pretty well.

As a car movie, I think it fell apart in the second half, as that tunnel chase was kinda silly and overly CGI. And there was no need for them to revisit it twice, especially when the first race through traffic was a much better set piece. The final chase should have been something big and grand, and instead it was just a silly boring rehash.

vamp

Spoiler
I really hated those tunnel scenes, it was too dark to see what the heck was going on. like you said, for a racing movie it need a few more races in it. The biggest let down for me was the Fenix died though. It was so simply and lame, it wasn't as brutal as it should have been.

I really liked the interactions/references to the first movie with Brian and Toretto. "Now you owe me a ten-second car"  :D

cmdrkoenig67

A radio dj here in Portland recently commented that she was perplexed by the removal of the "the's" in the title...She laughed and said "how long before they call the films Vroooom?"

Well...I thought it was kind of funny.

Dana :P

GogglesPizanno

Ever since the second one, I just have been following their naming scheme.
This latest one among me and friends has always been 4fast4furious.

Sevenforce

I got a free viewing via a marketing company, and all I have to say is...

*blurgh*

WHAT is up with the recent trend of 'shaky-cam/dark places' combo? I don't go to a film for realism...if I wanted that I'd watch a documentary.

Other than that...It's not better than the first, and not worse than the second or third. That was enough for me. Definitely DVD fodder, however. It's not very cerebral, or even subtle (Yay dancing girls! I mean, don't get me wrong, I like 10% clothed women, but I have better movies for that  :P) but its good for a 2 hour veg away from the world.
I so need booze -_-