News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

EZScript Mods I Should Download

Started by Torch, March 28, 2009, 04:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torch

Hey crew.  Looking for recommended EZScript-based mods for  :ffvstr: that you enjoyed.  If I can play and look over well-made EZScript mods it will help me get better and making my own EZScript mods.

So please post your favorite EZScript-based mods and how I can go about downloading them.  Thanks!

catwhowalksbyhimself

There aren't too many, but the one that comes to mind is tommyboy's legion of superhero mod.

http://www.tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/LSH%20MOD.html
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Torch

I am downloading Tommyboy's right now.  It looks nice.

I am surprised there aren't more EZScript mods!  That program is amazing.  Kudos to M25 and DrMike.  I have an mechanical engineering degree and I am certified to teach math and physics, so I have the ability to think logically.  I have programming experience from back in the day - Basic, Turbo Pascal, Fortran 77 - ancient languages.  We use the rosetta stone to decipher them nowadays!  I don't have any direct object oriented programming like C++ but I understand the concept.

This EZScript interface really simplifies the process over direct Python programming.  Of course I know programmers can have much more power over their mod going directly to Python, but I've only unlocked a small part of the EZScript potential from what I've gathered and it is still more than enough to have my adventure play out the way it needs to.  I expect my second attempt to be more elaborate.  With the quality skin, mesh, map, and voice work floating around this community combined with the EZScript interface, there are many custom mod possibilities in my opinion.

Also, didn't BentonGrey create an Aquaman based mod using EZScript?  Or is that still in production?  :huh:

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteAlso, didn't BentonGrey create an Aquaman based mod using EZScript?  Or is that still in production?  huh

You are referring to the DCU mod which actually included, I believe 3 difference complete compaigns in EZScript which could all be swapped out for each other by renaming some files.

Unfortunately the whole project was pulled down after it became the source of the recent forum-shaking event which culminated in IPS trying to get FR pulled down.  Anyhow, before it went that far, Benton and IPS came to an agreement which Benton is still honoring.  The mod will be re-released with at least one new campaign which will be truly epic in scope.

Stay tuned for an official announcement when it does come out.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Torch

Previsionary

The "comprehensive list of mods" right above this threads links to "most" of the still publicly available mods (ezscript included), bud. :P.

Well, all of them except maybe "Thug city" by Imasalof (sp) and "World's finest" by Mr. Mustard (?), which is offline anyway. But yeah, as Cat said, there aren't too many ezscript based mods out as of now.
----------

M25, should I add those links to the comp. list?
Disappear when you least expe--

Torch

Quote from: Previsionary on March 29, 2009, 12:45:08 AM
The "comprehensive list of mods" right above this threads links to "most" of the still publicly available mods (ezscript included), bud. :P.

Well, all of them except maybe "Thug city" by Imasalof (sp) and "World's finest" by Mr. Mustard (?), which is offline anyway. But yeah, as Cat said, there aren't too many ezscript based mods out as of now.
----------

M25, should I add those links to the comp. list?
Thanks for the heads up prev.  I did see the 'comprehensive list', but like you said the mods I've downloaded haven't been EZScript based so what I can learn from them is somewhat limited.  Hence the shout out for showin' some EZScript love.  :lol:

M25

Prev, go ahead and add links to those mods if you wish.

Torch

Thanks M25.  I played through firelight - nicely done!  It also helps me to see the structure of the folders and what you've included in the rar file.