News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

clownprince skins

Started by clownprince, March 17, 2009, 12:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clownprince

started skinning again for fun. someone not to long ago asked for a kobra skin well here it is

Courtnall6

Looking good...I would suggest that you colour the inside of the hood black to match the shade around his head.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

livewyre1014

bearded

nice.  is it available for me to put in my rumble?

Podmark

Nice job, I agree with Court about the hood, and also maybe add a refl to the boots? Not sure if that's what the design calls for though, just would match the gauntlets.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Sledgehammer

Quote from: Podmark on March 17, 2009, 03:33:47 AM
Nice job, I agree with Court about the hood, and also maybe add a refl to the boots? Not sure if that's what the design calls for though, just would match the gauntlets.

I second that. Some refl to the boots would be nice. In spite of that detail, very good work overall.

clownprince

wow all the greats come out to see  :wub: awshucks  :lol: . i got a ? for c6 how do you do the scales on  some of your skins. oh and here is the the pointers put to use and thanks again  :thumbup:

daglob

Yeah, now THAT looks REAL good.

clownprince

thanks again i learn from the best ..... (thats everyone here) its all packed and ready to go so send me a tell with an email and its yours  ;)

Sledgehammer

Great stuff. It's even better looking than before. Congrats!

clownprince

i redid the kobra skin to 1970s stlye.

clownprince

this was a skin request that i did . cool charactor design but not that great of a skin. also first skope i took the female flash and took off the wings.

UnkoMan

This is cool, dude. Goggles look really nice. I wonder, though, if you wouldn't want to skope a head piece on her. I think the piece from Ren's Owlman would work really well. I think it's that extra touch that this needs.

Also, as I usually do, I suggest seams and shadows. For all of these. I think this skin in paticular could use some brighter highlights too, and perhaps more colour depth to the little white head pieces.

But you're doing alright. I'm glad to see the texture use on the orange Kobra. Is that on the refl only?

daglob

I think Unko's right; Speedster does need a little something else.

clownprince

yeah i think so too. back to the drawing board. i like unkoman's idea for the mask but i have very limited skope skills like none. :banghead:
but if some one can help me out with that would  be cool.   ;)

for the kobra skin i used the filter texture stainglass i then crop the middle section and then edit the size of that layer. making it smaller. then i copy that layer and so on. covering must of the body. i then multiply a colored layer over that one and my scale layer i lighten.  thats how i did the scales on kobra's armor.  :lol:

Gremlin

I was thinking Wolverine-style flanges when I designed her but Owlman would work really well! I hadn't thought of his headpiece, meself.

Also, how about applying a really subtle texture to the costume to make it a little more...I guess I'm saying like a tracksuit? I'm not sure how to describe it. But a subtle texture/pattern would work really well.

laughing paradox

Nice stuff, really digging the Kobra skins, both of them. Can't wait to get them in the game.

clownprince

working working working....... on a redo ....... thanks everyone for the comments keep them coming.

back at the lab.......  :ph34r:

Podmark

The 70s Cobra looks really good. If you want you could probably find a good piece to skope onto the speedstress to get that helmet design.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

clownprince

ok i'm done with the redo thanks to unkoman, podmark, and gremlin for all the help and tips. unkoman did the skope everyone tell him he did a great job  :thumbup:.

daglob

Gremlin

Cool! I'm surprised the Owlman helmet works as well as it does.

EDIT: Any way to remove the nose and the chin/jaw piece, or is that connected to the ears?

herodad1

much much better looking.yes, very good job.can i have it? :D

clownprince

thanks everyone . gremlin i like your idea but we need a better skoper then me. anyway if anyone wants it i have it all packed and ready to go. :thumbup: