News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Map of a Castle?

Started by Torch, March 24, 2009, 04:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torch

Has anybody made a map of a castle (think Victor Von Doom's castle)?  Either exterior, interior, or both?

GogglesPizanno

Dana made some for the first game.
I think you can get them at FX Force (http://www.fxforce.com/MAPS.html) but you'd need to convert them over.

Or pull them from my map pack (shameless plug)... but its a lot of content to sort through (since its built out of FF content that needs to be included) -- unless you just included all of it which will greatly increase the size of your mod.

That's one of the inherent problems with converting FF maps is that it uses so many art assets from the first game that if you are just looking for a single map or two, it still takes up a bunch of space.

cmdrkoenig67

I'm making three (at least) castle-style interior maps for  :ffvstr:, they will be released sometime soon (and one is Doctor Doom-inspired)...Oh...I let the cat out of the bag, didn't I?

Dana :o

Torch

Cool!  Thanks guys.  How hard is it to convert the map from  :ff: to  :ffvstr:?

I have the EZNif converter that works like a charm for meshes.

My plan is to have my mod done by the end of March, but it may get pushed into April since I have spring break starting 4/2 and don't get back in town until 4/7.  I should be able to get it done by mid-April at the latest (I know, I know - famous last words!  :P )

@Dana:  do you think the castle map(s) will be released in March?  if not it is no problem.  i will simply make a few modifications to my mod.  :)

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Torch on March 24, 2009, 04:13:13 PM
Cool!  Thanks guys.  How hard is it to convert the map from  :ff: to  :ffvstr:?

I have the EZNif converter that works like a charm for meshes.

My plan is to have my mod done by the end of March, but it may get pushed into April since I have spring break starting 4/2 and don't get back in town until 4/7.  I should be able to get it done by mid-April at the latest (I know, I know - famous last words!  :P )

@Dana:  do you think the castle map(s) will be released in March?  if not it is no problem.  i will simply make a few modifications to my mod.  :)

The Doom castle map will be out soon (very soon)....Time for sleep....

Dana