some news on future Marvel films (Iron Man 2, Spidey 4, Fantastic Four)

Started by TheMarvell, March 12, 2009, 05:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lugaru

Quote from: The Hitman on March 13, 2009, 12:25:00 AM

But Galactus wasn't the cloud.

But the INTERNET said he was a cloud, and the internet is a lot of peoples source of opinion.

Going back to Doom I agree that he was poorly done, like somebody picked up the comic and said "Man, that's a lot of work, let's just wing it".

Scarlett Johanson is one of those choices that sounds great to me, just like the Joker and Rorschach choices did.

BentonGrey

Lugaru, did you see the movie?  I mean, just watching the movie, how would you assume he was anything OTHER than the cloud?  There is no reference made to a ship, no glimpse of a being WITHIN the cloud (except for that one frame of a shadow on a planet), and when the Surfer attacks the cloud, he is assumed to be battling Galactus.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

The Hitman

So I was wrong. Not the first time, not the last time. Give it a rest.

lugaru

Yeah, that came off really Trollish, sorry, I just spent some time on a fanatical forum where everyone says the exact same thing at penalty of death and was feeling annoyed over stuff a bunch of other people said.

BentonGrey

Quote from: The Hitman on March 16, 2009, 04:29:04 PM
So I was wrong. Not the first time, not the last time. Give it a rest.

Hitman, that wasn't aimed at you.  My post was in response to what Lugaru said, which he has just explained.  No hard feelings guys.  If my post came across as unduly adamant, I too am sorry.  It was not my intention, and I was curious as much as anything else to figure out how people were coming to that conclusion.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

The Hitman

No worries, I've just had a lot on my mind, and it spilled int "Internet- Land." Sorry about the previous post.

BentonGrey

Cool, all is well then.  Yeah, Doom was, in my opinion, the very WORST part of those films.  Yeah, that fellow may be an alright actor, but their characterization was just plain terrible.  It was SOMEWHAT better in the second one, but still not great.  Doom without an accent?  That's just wrong.
God Bless

lugaru

Exactly, I'm a huge NIP/TUCK fan so I was mildly thrilled to see him cast, but the doom he was cast as is just not that interesting.

Sledgehammer

FF reboot? I don't know about that...

Both movies were fun. Not the best stuff I've ever seen, but they did try to bring fun into the superhero genre. On the positives, I think Chris Evans nailed Johnny, and Chiklis did a good Ben. Gruffudd was an OK Reed, I guess (I didn't care that much about his portrayal, but it didn't disgust me - got a lukewarm feeling about it).

The first thing I actually hate about the movies was Jessica Alba. Yeah, she's hot. But she doesn't look like Sue at all. When you got to dye your hair and use contact lenses (and I'm not mentioning the fact that Alba has some latina facial features that Sue absolutely doesn't have), something is wrong. Especially when Alba isn't that good acting-wise, to justify the move. The same goes with Kirsten Dunst as MJ. I'm not that nitpicky regarding this issue, but the characters have to be somewhat similar. Other actresses that were considered for the role could have done a better job, both acting and looks-wise: Ali Larter, Elizabeth Banks, even Scarlett Johansson or Rachel McAdams.

And Sue is probably the most interesting character of the four. You got the brain, the lovable tough guy and the funny man. Sue was originally the girl, but evolved into the cornerstone of the team. Jessica was too bland for my tastes, I never believed this was the tough woman the comics portray.

Doom is the other problem. It has more to do with the script. But Julian McMahon helped to make matters worse with his nonchalant, sarcastic attitude, like he doesn't care much about anything. That portrayal is probably acceptable considering the way Victor was written, but just doesn't cut it for people that are familiar with the character. It's as if he's another villain entirely.

TheMarvell

It looks like early news regarding Spider-Man 4 & 5 being filmed back to back is now reported as being false, from Sam Raimi himself:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=8167

BWPS

If he's CG, I vote for John DiMaggio x infinity. I don't know what kind of shape he's in atm (said he weighed 270 the other day I think) but whatever, he can play the human part too. He would do such a perfect voice for The Thing, totally unnecessary to use a big name actor for a voice actor's role.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

oldmanwinters

I see Necroposting!!!   :doh:

Although while we're on the subject...

It would have been kinda cool to see Anne Hathaway play both Felicia Hardy and Selina Kyle within a three-year window.

hoss20

Not only is it a necropost, but it sites an article posted two years ago.

QuotePlaying Johnny Storm (Human Torch) could be Kevin Pennington who Fox also almost had play a part in First Class after an impressive reading but he'll instead be seen in the comedy Horrible Bosses next year (currently shooting).

Horrible Bosses was released in 2011. And then there's this:

QuoteThe tentative plan is for Fantastic Four to being production next year for a Summer 2012 release.

I was reading through this thing thinking that Michael Chiklis has the perfect voice to play Ben Grimm. He has that inborn New York sound. Then I continued reading and starting thinking, "Wait a minute..."

For what it's worth, I like Kiefer Sutherland, but I don't see him voicing the Thing.