Wolverine hosts the oscars

Started by Glitch Girl, February 20, 2009, 04:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitch Girl

I may actually watch the Oscars telecast this year (or at least part of it) because Hugh Jackman is the host. 

Yes, Hugh Jackman of Wolverine fame. 

But more importantly, Hugh Jackman who stole the 2004 Tony Award broadcast with a camel and a pair of really tight gold pants..

Okay, so I doubt he'll be THAT over the top, but you never know.   ;)

(sidenote: is he ever flexible!   :wub:)

(What?  I was talking about his acting range!  What were YOU thinking?)
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

thalaw2

革命不会被电视转播

Glitch Girl

:P  I'm calm Law, never fear.

But I'm not dead either.  ;)
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

GogglesPizanno

I myself don't swing that way... but if I did...
I'll agree that hes a sexy fella.

Gremlin

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on February 21, 2009, 11:41:57 PM
I myself don't swing that way... but if I did...
I'll agree that hes a sexy fella.

I don't swing that way and even I think he's hot.

Failed_Hero

Wow there's a lot of well man crush in here.  And liking Hugh Jackman is not something a dude should ever tell another dude
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

Reepicheep

I hate Hugh Jackman.

Seriously.

*Activates glitch-girl-pummeling repellant shield*

RTTingle

Chalk me up as someone who is interested in watching also because he is hosting...

...and it has nothing to do with him being Wolverine and everything to do with how great he was at the Tonys.

Shame performances like that make people talk more about his sexuality rather than his level of talent.

Reminds me of a time I was hanging out with one of my best pals, who is more interested in the same sex and while we were talking musicals, his friend asked, "Is he gay?" about me.  "Nope, just cultured."  I'm still baffled by the fine line that has been drawn in our stateside culture - that enjoying Broadway, musicals or operas means you're of a certain sexual persuasion.  When and where did that happen... and why?

As for Hugh, he's a good looking guy, very talented and fearless in what he does, which I think makes him very attractive to people of both sexes and all persuasions.  Its a shame some people just can't get over the fact that hes a damn fine actor and can tap into the adventurous, brooding, romantic to the flamboyant with believability.  I hold him in high regards for the passion he has for every aspect of his craft.  While I don't judge guys based on how I find them attractive, I can certainly understand why other people do find him very attractive.

Heaven help Hugh if Glitchie ever gets him in a locked room, he's going to need a lot more than that flexibility.  ;)

RTT