News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Deimos_tv = Rorschach

Started by electro, February 16, 2009, 12:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electro

I ran into Tommyboy's Deimos mesh the other day & saw a feature on the mesh I have never seen before - The squigly things on Deimos face & chest where wiggling with cool animations from different skin tga's being cycled threw - There are many possibilities with this option present like adding Watchman's Rorschach ink blot face or like with Thanos his eyes will twinkle every once in a while in those black holes where eyes should be or clay face with oozing skin etc... So I was wondering if this feature could be added to existing meshes via nifskope & can you change the speed of the cycling or number of tgas to cycle threw & if not then just throwing this out there for anyone to maybe use this function on more meshes & Thanks Tommyboy for a cool & interesting mesh - Consider this a Rorschach request too, as in i'll take any mesh or skin I can get my hands on :blink:

AfghanAnt

I believe Rorschach like this was done by Death Jester but to be honest you wouldn't even notice the in-game.

Jakew

Yeah, Death's Jester did Rorschach with an animated squiggle face.

Vertex

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 16, 2009, 01:12:56 AM
I believe Rorschach like this was done by Death Jester but to be honest you wouldn't even notice the in-game.

Who cares if you notice it ingame?
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

tommyboy

Absolutely no credit goes to me for the skin cycling, that was added to the mesh after I made it.
I believe that it can be added to any mesh via nifskope, but as usual dunno how right now.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Vertex on February 16, 2009, 01:57:58 AM

Why have it at all than?

tommyboy

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 16, 2009, 02:08:33 AM

Why have it at all than?

For Character Tool viewing.
Lot's of geometry, skinning and animation detail doesn't get seen very well in the game itself, what with the rather distant usually top-down views. But I think people put details in for those who like to just look at meshes in ctool, sort of like virtual action figures, I guess.

electro

My camera lets me get down low & I use that option alot so I would notice plus I thought we all here where trying to make the coolest & most detailed characters that we possibly could - anyway thanks for the tip on who has the skin guys :blink:

AfghanAnt

Quote from: tommyboy on February 16, 2009, 02:16:55 AM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 16, 2009, 02:08:33 AM

Why have it at all than?

For Character Tool viewing.
Lot's of geometry, skinning and animation detail doesn't get seen very well in the game itself, what with the rather distant usually top-down views. But I think people put details in for those who like to just look at meshes in ctool, sort of like virtual action figures, I guess.

I guess even being a skinner I never actually use Charactertool for anything other than skinning and even then I rely more on nifskope now. I never understood just staring at it but whatever you fancy I have no problem with it. *^__^*

cmdrkoenig67

Hey...I love to moon over good-looking meshes/skins in the Character Tool...Maybe I shouldn't have said that.  :P

Dana

AfghanAnt

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on February 16, 2009, 04:11:11 PM
Hey...I love to moon over good-looking meshes/skins in the Character Tool...Maybe I shouldn't have said that.  :P

Dana

I didn't know people did that. I thought they just played with them, knowing this actually makes me a little happy/unsecure. You guys see all the details and mistakes I made!

The_Baroness

ummmmhhmmm we see all the details you make AA....but.... uhhh mmmmm ehmmmm where are the mistakes??? can't find them yet...

steamteck

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 16, 2009, 04:32:59 PM
Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on February 16, 2009, 04:11:11 PM

Dana

I didn't know people did that. I thought they just played with them, knowing this actually makes me a little happy/unsecure. You guys see all the details and mistakes I made!

You make mistakes? All I see is cool little details.!

electro

Plus when you guys make such accurate & good looking stuff it is priceless to an artist like myself to have fully 3D animated models of your favorite comic characters to view in the Ctool as reference when your drawing - It's hard to find full body shots of comic characters - The best i've ever seen it is in those old Marvel Universe books where they gave you the front, back & side poses but those are a little hard to come buy :blink:

Zivon23

Quote from: electro on February 17, 2009, 01:56:11 AM
Plus when you guys make such accurate & good looking stuff it is priceless to an artist like myself to have fully 3D animated models of your favorite comic characters to view in the Ctool as reference when your drawing - It's hard to find full body shots of comic characters - The best i've ever seen it is in those old Marvel Universe books where they gave you the front, back & side poses but those are a little hard to come buy :blink:

you mean these?

:D