News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

TAP43's-Idea thread

Started by TAP43, February 08, 2009, 09:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAP43

Hi everyone

I wanted to start a new thread for people to through ideas out there for discussion and to stir up the creative juices.
I should have done this long ago, but like many I thought this board/forum was not going any where.
Now I realize it is important for me to chime in much more often and contribute more in talk
instead of only posting when I release something.
Anyway on to the ideas I have had, some I plan to do if there is interest
and other are more for discussion and to see if anyone know if they would be possible to do or something close to it.
I will number the ideas for easier responding.

1) I had the idea to alpha enable a bunch of character and objects to make them transparent
for character like GL, klaw and such. All the thing that are already being use and other things.
( get a sword or shield character and enlarge the weapon and delete the body to give the
effect of a weapon fighting for you, you could do the same for any weapon)

2) Now that I am finally learning to change the vertex of the nif
I have just finished mapping out the head and face of male_basic_effect
to start to make some different faces and head shapes for people to use for there skopes and such.
I also want to combined the same idea that is used for the all in one mesh for Thugs and maybe civilians.

3) I agree with most people that maps are very important to keeping the game fresh,
I will try and see if I can try my hand at the texture to start with,
I think it would be cool to have a battle ridden Map. With smashed cars and partly broken buildings,
bullet holes, maybe some bodies.
And maybe if I can learn more about using Gmax more I can make a few object as well
( what I need is a noobie tutorial on a little more complex object creating,
I've read every one I could find and the tuts that come with it don't quite give me what I need to know )
These are things that will take awhile.

4) I think "weapon attribute" need to have more weapon choices and more gun animations to use them.
Now that there is Nifskope and Gmax we should be able to do this.
I don't know if this is something I could do alone but I am willing to try at some time if no one else does.

5) I think we need more human sized or a little taller robots, I have this idea about fight a horde of robots
and as they take damage they get smashed up and loose a hand or arm, head.
A alpha robot like the zombie mesh as a base, and using Russian doll attribute.
I had the same idea for a giant robot that at the end of the battle the driver fall out of the wreckage.

6) Would it be possible to make a end nif for a stasis attack that morphed,
picture a miss shaped ball that would stretch out at small points randomly.
kind of like if Mr. fantastic was covering someone and they were try to punch their way out.

7) There was a post about being able to use Gmax to make a nif with some single animation and export it with nifskope,
does anyone know if that is possible. My idea was there was a active defence for FF1 that was a brick wall that built up
from the ground to protect you. I thought if it was more like boulders or a fist it could be use for earth movers
as a stasis or direct attack coming up from the ground  around the target.

I have other ideas but need more time to think them out.
I also understand that some of these ideas have been done in one way or another and that other can not be done.
I just wanted to create something for everyone to think about and maybe see if by bouncing ideas around something new
could be created for all to enjoy.
Please post which ideas you like best or your our ideas about doing any of them.
Also please post your own ideas as well for discussion, lets keep the juices going.

Thanks for reading

:thumbup:

:ff:Freedom forever :ffvstr:

TAP43

herodad1

very good ideas tap.i always had an idea for doors in maps that could be smashed.different doors made up of different materials.a character would need a certain strength level to be able to smash.example: daredevil no matter how hard he tried couldnt smash through a big heavy steel door but say the hulk could.you could have wooden doors, steel doors,energy shielded doors, and even electrified doors that took health points off everytime you hit them.

detourne_me

RE #5.  the last sentence.
Gren's Sentinel meshes have a face plate that falls off with the fall animation... could easily be skoped into a driver that falls out.

wickerman

More along the lines of helping than a specific suggestion, I think the community of modders (what few of us remain!) could use a master list like the mesh list that provides a one stop resource for navigating to maps, fx, voicepaks and the like.  Maybe if there was a 'hub' where people posted links to resources it would save time hunting stuff down.

Of course, no one should link to anything that the creators hasnot already given permission for modders to use.
The Wickerman - creator of the Metal Storm Mod -
[img]http://webzoom.freewebs.com/wickermanim/cw.jpg[/img]

wickerman

Another idea occured as I posted the last.

Modders might consider releasing some smaller mods like Previsionary did with some 3- 4 mission mods to keep the interest level of the community up.  These don't have to be earth shattering (I'm not shooting for mediocrity either :) ) but it might be fun for some one to play 4 missions worth of a character and have a good time.

I know, personally, I get so wrapped up in a huge project that it gets daunting and takes forever to accomplish anything.

Maybe there isn't as much interest in this type of thing as I'd like to think, but I thought I'd toss it out there.

BentonGrey

Great idea for a thread TAP, and some great ideas in general.  I think map making is definitely an area we could use help in.  Dana is pretty much the only map maker still hanging around, and although he is incredibly awesome, he's only one guy.  I could certainly see uses for more robots, too. ^_^

Wickerman, good point.  We have tons of massive projects going on, and it would be good to have a steady stream of releases.  When I re-release the DCUG, I'll try and put out my updates in small bites instead of massive full campaigns.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

cmdrkoenig67

:wub:  Thanks BG...I try (with my 20+ maps coming out soon-ish).

Dana

Gremlin

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on February 09, 2009, 06:51:24 PM
:wub:  Thanks BG...I try (with my 20+ maps coming out soon-ish).

Dana

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! :lol:

DrMike2000

I definitely agree with the small mods idea.

With EZScript kicking around its pretty easy to string together a few missions and publish them. Trying to cover the entire DCU or provide new textures or street props is all well and good, but it takes time. And there's room for both mega projects and small indie ones here.

Captain Cockroach's Odd Squad still sticks out as an awesome example of this. Pure homemade fun.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

bearded

i think the future of meshing is in animations.  or simply creating shapes and releasing them exported as nif's without animations.  like hats, canes, weapons, purses, etc.  these could double function not only as skobeables, but also fx bases.

say, where could i find the odd squad?  i'd love to get that one back!

TAP43

O.K. I had time to try somethings out, first I did the idea of alpha enabling something for GL types. I used INK's drones_blade_of_death and made a few colored versions. I used a darker shade for the main body and a lighter shade for the glow layer for more in game effect, but I did not add any detail to the skin just color. I still plan on doing a few others and ideas?

Second is a WIP update of a trio of skins I did of the demons three, I will show you the first version then the mesh I am working on to replace the original one. I still need to work on the chin more it's to pointed I think, but I wanted something a little more demonic for them.

Original

New WIP

And lastly is a long time project that I have had more failures that I can remember or care to.
The King/hijack from the Royal flush gang, I changed the shape of Gren's Jack of hearts tunic so the should points were less wide over all. I am using Crusaders Hijack mesh as the base and am still getting the other parts together, so far I have Tommyboys headband stretched taller for the crown.

The reason I am posting these here and not in the what have you skoped lately is I wanted to show examples of the ideas I had talked about in the beginning of this thread. I will be post all examples I pull off here of the ideas expressed.
Thanks

TAP43

wickerman

I have made good on my threat and am working on a mini-mod for FFVTTR.  With any luck, release is a few weeks away.

With any luck, it won't completely suck.

BentonGrey

Cool stuff Tap!  Let me encouarge you to use RMT's RFG gang as a base for any work you do on them.  He skoped them all so they flew on cards.  It was pretty awesome.

Those GL blades look pretty cool, and your new demon is coming along welll. ^_^
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Gremlin

The blades look like they're grinning at me with sick malice...

TAP43

Here there, I didn't want to start a new thread but I saw this and thought the designs were very cool and would be great for a min mod using the current WWII maps. I really liked GL, Manhunter, Aquaman and Hawkgirl the best.
http://www.sillof.com/C-Gaslight.htm

And this one I liked the look of Vader and the stormtroopers.
http://www.sillof.com/C-Sw-1942.htm

JLAfan2001

AH HA!!! So you're the one that made the demons three, TAP. I've requested them here a couple of times but I knew they were done and posted on Gamma Patrol. I just couldn't remember for the life of me who did it. Can't wait to play them. It'll be cool to have them summoned by Felix Faust in a rumble room scenario. Can't wait for Chemo either **cough, cough**