News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The Reformed (Bug Thread)

Started by C4, February 03, 2009, 05:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C4

Please post bugs and errors here and leave the other thread for discussions and feedback etc.

PLease post up your script.log files to help me identify the problems

Gremlin

I get through the blackout fine, but then it just cuts to Avian spawned on the rooftop and the camera is on the goon and the civilian. Nobody's moving and Avian is stuck as character 2. I can fly around and there are only two enemies on the map, the goon and a Centurion. The script.log is huge, and I don't know what's relevant, but I think it's this...it goes through step 1 it seems, but doesn't move beyond 2.

exception happened in cutscene playback of step
exceptions.TypeError too many arguments; expected 2, got 3
speak('avian1', 'REINT_02_A1_07', CAPTION_TOP_LEFT)
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\Reformed\missions\scripts\ffx.py", line 19254, in projCheck
    for obj in getAll('projectile_standin'):
NameError: getAll

C4

QuoteI realize not everyone is having the same issues, but I thought that I would let you know a couple of the ones I was having and the fixes i made so that you could look into them if others have problems.

1. Cutscenes Failing to play (All Missions) - for whatever reason, any cutscene that specify the position (i.e. "CAPTION_TOP_RIGHT") causes the cutscene to break as the game is seeing this as a 3rd variable when it only wants 2. If I remove the positional value from the cutscenes everything works.

2. cshelper.py - there is a script error in the cshelper.py around line 334. The indentation of the "return minion" line is wrong, and it causes python to error. This is what caused the issue experienced by myself, IPS and Baroness

3. ffx.py - there was an error on line 19254 in the "GRENADE TRACKING HEURISTICS" code. The script was calling the cshelper function 'getAll()'. It seems to need to specify the namespace or else it errors i.e. 'cshelper.getAll()'

These kinds of bugs always seem to be unique to just certain people or certain installations, so these may not be an issue for everyone. But thus far, its what has caused it to break for me and the above fixes are what made it work.

Other than that its looking really impressive. The visuals and mood are top notch.

From Goggles in PM will see into this as soon as I can.

C4

Gremlin you are on the intro which is just an intro to start the story and not even playable. It seems for some reason it is having a problem with me defining where the caption must be top right. In the first blackout part there was no caption defining.

But I will have to look into why it has a problem with this since it should really not.

Gremlin

I just deleted the caption locations from the intro mission.py and it worked fine. Then I deleted them all from the other mission.py files and I'm gonna see if it'll play. I think it'll be alright.

C4

QuoteI just deleted the caption locations from the intro mission.py and it worked fine. Then I deleted them all from the other mission.py files and I'm gonna see if it'll play. I think it'll be alright.

That is a quick fix but not really the way its supposed to be. I will though get the solution as soon as I can.

IPS could you try to copy cshelper.py in your ffx scripts folder and override the one in this mod. Then let me know how that works out. You see I don't use or change cshelper but maybe mine is outdated compared to what you guys have

its in missions scripts

Gremlin

Quote from: C4 on February 03, 2009, 06:32:06 AM
QuoteI just deleted the caption locations from the intro mission.py and it worked fine. Then I deleted them all from the other mission.py files and I'm gonna see if it'll play. I think it'll be alright.

That is a quick fix but not really the way its supposed to be. I will though get the solution as soon as I can.

Okay. It does work quite well, though. Except for the fact the ninja mission is freaking hard. Heh.

C4

Quotethat worked. everything seems working now. the cutscene opener is BRILLIANT! this is a REAL mod. thankyou. ok now i'm gonna go play

Ok that is the fix. Not the quick fix off removing Captions since it will degrade the storytelling experience.

Copy cshelper.py in your ffx scripts folder and override the one in this mod. You see I don't use or change cshelper but maybe mine is outdated compared to what you guys have. FFx use this file.

I will do an update with an updated cshelper.py through the day.

C4

QuoteOkay. It does work quite well, though. Except for the fact the ninja mission is freaking hard. Heh.

Spoiler
It should be really easy actually. Just check the map for portions where the civilians are less. The range of their sight has been dropped as well so as long as you aren't close.

Gremlin

Quote from: C4 on February 03, 2009, 07:07:27 AM
Quotethat worked. everything seems working now. the cutscene opener is BRILLIANT! this is a REAL mod. thankyou. ok now i'm gonna go play

Ok that is the fix. Not the quick fix off removing Captions since it will degrade the storytelling experience.

Actually I didn't remove the captions themselves, just the location tags. So all the "dialogue" still plays, it's just switching between top left and top right.

Quote from: C4 on February 03, 2009, 07:12:13 AM
QuoteOkay. It does work quite well, though. Except for the fact the ninja mission is freaking hard. Heh.

Spoiler
It should be really easy actually. Just check the map for portions where the civilians are less. The range of their sight has been dropped as well so as long as you aren't close.

Spoiler
I know, I was doing that. I was almost finished, and we were almost at the last red arrow, when I shot a guy, the bullet missed, and I killed her. >.< Each subsequent time I screwed up the first bit.

C4

Oh heh. Another suggestion I can give to people is SAVE. This mod is challenging I think and some of the missions are long. So even myself when I play mods neglect to save because its so easy normally but save.

C4

hmmm it happens on step 5 of the cutscene. Lemme have a look. Did you/she start to talk to the masked thug?

C4

I am guessing its one of two things :

1 I called killthemall to remove all guards etc to not interfere with the cutscene to follow. This might be overloading your system.

2 I spawn back the flesh version of Silhouette. maybe the system spawned her in some way that harms the system.

In my 30 or so plays this never happened but that is on my computer so the variables.....  You don't possibly have a save game to re-enter and see if this was a one time thing?

AfghanAnt

I didnt get a cutscene or explanation of the objective and I got two Avians (one on a roof and in the black area of the map).

The_Baroness

ips i had a similar problem in that mission i restarted it and simply played it stealthy without attacking or  anything until i reached some workers that hinted me  something

Spoiler
You need to put the crane on fire, then 2 special thugs will appear creating a new  objective...

C4

Quotei saved just before i got to the red arrow and retried it with the same result.

incidentally i killed all the security guys but not the workers and i took out most of the lights on the map. (i work best in the dark bay-beee) but it didn't clear the 2nd optional objective of killing the goons.

That check is done when you finish and only then does it give you the check and extra exp. You only have to take out all the guards to get this so it should give you your reward once you finish.

We will have to do tests then. maybe if we take out the killthemall and you try then. In mission 3 folder

reachfactory_cs = [
(
       "startCS()",
       "see()",
       "peace()",
       "removeArrow('factory_arrow')",
   "Object_Destroy('silhouette')",
       "Object_SpawnAt('silhouette', Get_ObjectPos('silhouette'), 'silhouettef')",
   "teleport('silhouettef', 'si_cs')",
   "Camera_LookAtPos((-505,-674,80), 120, 10, -20, 1, CPM_SNAP, CA_MOVE)",
   "ff.killthemall()",
   "playTransition()",
   "wait(.02)",
),

take out killthemall by adding a # infront of it. like this

"Camera_LookAtPos((-505,-674,80), 120, 10, -20, 1, CPM_SNAP, CA_MOVE)",
   #"ff.killthemall()",
   "playTransition()",
   "wait(.02)",
),

QuoteI didnt get a cutscene or explanation of the objective and I got two Avians (one on a roof and in the black area of the map).

Yes Ant copy cshelper from your ffx missions folder and into Reformed missions scripts. I will put this fix up tonight in any case.

C4

dren what is crashing you. Ok I am going to recreate what you just told me exactly and see what happens.

C4

http://starlockforfreedom.bravepages.com/Reformed/Reformed%20Bug%20Fix1.rar

There is the bug fix. right now its a rar file. I will still set it up as an exe file tommorrow morning for easy install. And load it onto the website. 

All it does is replace the cshelper.py file in your scripts folder.

Xenolith

The new cshelper (?) worked for me.  I ran into another problem, though.  After the "hooker" cutscene in the first mission my character would not move and I could not activte him for a while.  Well, the goons beat the snot out of me and I had to use a hero point.  Perhpaps this is just a glitch with the game? 

Also, there are quite a few typos in the text to this point.  I did have trouble following the story because I was trying to figure out what was going on. 
Spoiler
Was the kid the hooker's, and what was going on with a hook and a grandma?
Anyway, the captions come and go fairly quickly and because I was trying to figure out what was written I couldn't read the entire script in such a short time frame.  I'm not a slow reader, either.

One more thing:
Spoiler
Am I supposed to kill everyone I meet on my way to the building in the first mission?  I could not figure out how to reach the building othewise.

The atmosphere is great.  The character is fun to play.  The game screens look really cool.  I look forward to playing this some more.

AfghanAnt

I tried both IPS' suggestion and C4 rar and still no go.  &lt;_&lt;

JKCarrier

Quote from: Xenolith on February 04, 2009, 12:47:40 AM
After the "hooker" cutscene in the first mission my character would not move and I could not activte him for a while.  Well, the goons beat the snot out of me and I had to use a hero point.  Perhpaps this is just a glitch with the game?

This happened to me too. Somehow Avian's portrait got moved from the #1 slot to the #2 slot. His character wasn't selected and therefore couldn't do anything. Once you click on his portrait (or hit "2" on the keyboard) he becomes selected and you can move and fight normally. After the next cutscene, he was back in the #1 slot.

I also ran into a problem with the Silhouette "Cause a distraction at the factory" mission. I killed everyone on the map, and destroyed the crane, but I never got any red arrow or new objective.

C4

QuoteQuote from: Xenolith on Today at 04:47:40 PM
After the "hooker" cutscene in the first mission my character would not move and I could not activte him for a while.  Well, the goons beat the snot out of me and I had to use a hero point.  Perhpaps this is just a glitch with the game?

This happened to me too. Somehow Avian's portrait got moved from the #1 slot to the #2 slot. His character wasn't selected and therefore couldn't do anything. Once you click on his portrait (or hit "2" on the keyboard) he becomes selected and you can move and fight normally. After the next cutscene, he was back in the #1 slot.

I also ran into a problem with the Silhouette "Cause a distraction at the factory" mission. I killed everyone on the map, and destroyed the crane, but I never got any red arrow or new objective.

Spoiler
Did you get the hint cutscene of the workers? You where not supposed to destroy the crane

QuoteI tried both IPS' suggestion and C4 rar and still no go. 

Ant post up your script.log so I can identify and solve your problem

QuoteThe new cshelper (?) worked for me.  I ran into another problem, though.  After the "hooker" cutscene in the first mission my character would not move and I could not activte him for a while.  Well, the goons beat the snot out of me and I had to use a hero point.  Perhpaps this is just a glitch with the game? 

Also, there are quite a few typos in the text to this point.  I did have trouble following the story because I was trying to figure out what was going on. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Was the kid the hooker's, and what was going on with a hook and a grandma?

Anyway, the captions come and go fairly quickly and because I was trying to figure out what was written I couldn't read the entire script in such a short time frame.  I'm not a slow reader, either.

One more thing:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Am I supposed to kill everyone I meet on my way to the building in the first mission?  I could not figure out how to reach the building othewise.

The atmosphere is great.  The character is fun to play.  The game screens look really cool.  I look forward to playing this some more.

No you must not be seen. If you check the map a bit there is a very easy road.

Spoiler
Yes the hooker is the mother of the child and the grandma of the child so the mother of the hooker

You can point out typos if you want and I will fix them. I can't stop the bubbles from going that fast. Only voice acting will solve that issue but I am still sorting that out. 

Gremlin

My game just crashed in the first mission with powers after the cutscene on the roof with the thief, my first cutscene after the new objective. I cracked open the log and just noticed something...my script.log says this a whole lot. Like. A WHOLE LOT.

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\Reformed\missions\scripts\ffx.py", line 19254, in projCheck
    for obj in getAll('projectile_standin'):
NameError: getAll

The error is in the file location, "Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\Reformed". That period shouldn't be there, methinks. Where does one fix that?

C4

It looks like I will have no choice but to upgrade to the new ffx release. I believe this is my ffx clashing with yours. You probably have the newest release?

Gremlin

JKCarrier

Quote from: C4 on February 04, 2009, 07:08:37 AM
Spoiler
Did you get the hint cutscene of the workers? You where not supposed to destroy the crane

Spoiler
I did get the cutscene where they said something about the crane catching on fire. I shot the barrels next to the crane, but that just damaged it a little, so I finished it off with kicks and stuff. What was I supposed to do?

C4

oh boy. you did the right thing. would it be possible to post up a script.log something is wrong.

JKCarrier

Here's the script.log. I had to edit it down to make it fit... a lot of it was the same lines repeated many times. If you need to see the whole thing, I could email it to you.

>>> system/init.py executed
>>> system/localinit.py executed
>>> system\tredir.py executed
loading datfiles version 0.250000
loading cshelper ...
Starting ffx.py v.3.1.2
Importing MLOG reader module version 0.97
>>> C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\mission.py executed
precache
mission 3
cshelper: Cutscene [unknown] submitted for playing
cshelper: Now playing cutscene [unknown]
Step 1 of 6
speakInternal
initialising FFQ_initialiseExtras() later: a cutscene is playing
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\cshelper.py", line 2359, in fSkXCamera2
    import skXCamera2
ImportError: No module named skXCamera2
Step 2 of 6
speakInternal
Step 3 of 6
speakInternal
Step 4 of 6
speakInternal
Step 5 of 6
speakInternal
Step 6 of 6
cshelper: Cutscene [unknown] has ended
initialising FFX: skirmish=0
numberStr=
storing silhouette: id_1,0
initialising FFQ_initialiseExtras()
avian : mystichealer
silhouette : shapeshifter
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <post> has more than one entry for attribute <noFade>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <pat_dream_fog_effect> has more than one entry for attribute <animated>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <nazihq_storage_crate> has more than one entry for attribute <castShadow>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <jm_dream_fog> has more than one entry for attribute <animated>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <jm_building_crane> has more than one entry for attribute <standon>, values 1.000000 and 1.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <ffx_limpetmine> has more than one entry for attribute <avoid>, values 0.000000 and 1000.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <ffx_flames> has more than one entry for attribute <minForce>, values -1.000000 and 1000000.000000
Campaign_ReadObjects() warning: object template <dark_shaman> has more than one entry for attribute <prestige>, values 30.000000 and 50.000000
getting default sun
(-137.0, 57.0, 1.5, 0.20000000298, (0.20000000298, 0.20000000298, 0.600000023842))
not phasing
cshelper: Cutscene [thugsee_cs] submitted for playing
cshelper: Now playing cutscene [thugsee_cs]
Step 1 of 1
speakInternal
cshelper: Cutscene [thugsee_cs] has ended
cshelper: Cutscene [firstthug_cs] submitted for playing
cshelper: Now playing cutscene [firstthug_cs]
Step 1 of 1
speakInternal
cshelper: Cutscene [firstthug_cs] has ended
cshelper: Cutscene [threethugs_cs] submitted for playing
cshelper: Now playing cutscene [threethugs_cs]
Step 1 of 1
speakInternal
cshelper: Cutscene [threethugs_cs] has ended
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\mission.py", line 279, in lightsensing
    if (Object_IsAlive('sc_pat_park_lamp10') == 1) & (Object_GetAttr('sc_pat_park_lamp10', 'health') > 14):
SystemError: NULL result without error in call_object
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\mission.py", line 279, in lightsensing
    if (Object_IsAlive('sc_pat_park_lamp10') == 1) & (Object_GetAttr('sc_pat_park_lamp10', 'health') > 14):
cshelper: Cutscene [seealot_cs] submitted for playing
cshelper: Now playing cutscene [seealot_cs]
Step 1 of 1
speakInternal
cshelper: Cutscene [seealot_cs] has ended
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light

[same traceback repeated several more times]

flickering
flickering
flickering
flickering
flickering
flickering
cshelper: Cutscene [reachworkers_cs] submitted for playing
cshelper: Now playing cutscene [reachworkers_cs]
Step 1 of 4
speakInternal
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
Step 2 of 4
speakInternal
Step 3 of 4
speakInternal
Step 4 of 4
cshelper: Cutscene [reachworkers_cs] has ended
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
no light
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\mission.py", line 680, in distract
    addMoveGoal('warw2',Get_ObjectPos('sc_building_crane1'),ai.goal.PRI_MED,command='move',radius=7,speed=0)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp\cshelper.py", line 1941, in addMoveGoal
    addGoalToAI(char, goal, priority, fn, user, permanent, replace)
  File ".\System\ai.py", line 38, in addGoalToAI
    ai = findAI(name)
  File ".\System\ai.py", line 34, in findAI
    return AI( _ai.findObject(name) )
RuntimeError: Failed to locate game object - warw2
already played
already played
already played
no light
no light

[more 'no light' lines here]

no light
no light

[more 'no light']

no light

[more of the same traceback]

no light
no light

[more 'no light' lines]

no light
no light
no light
no light

[more 'no light']

no light
no light

[more of the same traceback]

C4

I know what is the problem.
Spoiler
You killed the workers at the warehouse that is suppose to be "distracted" and go take out the fire.

I have to add if object exist.

C4

I will put the fix with improvement to new ffx release and fixing the errors mentioned here either today or tommorrow. I must just make sure the merge to new ffx does not bring new errors which is exactly why I was afraid to do it in the first place.

So for those waiting for this fix I will get it up as fast as I can.