News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DC Universe Online

Started by Midnite, January 11, 2009, 01:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daerdevil

Midnite

Are you online now? Just started in Gotham.

AncientSpirit

Just got my order from Amazon.com, but have to wait until the weekend to boot it up.   :doh:

Save a spot for me in any League you guys form, though.   :D

One question:   Where did you find the pre-order goodies code?   the only codes I see in my PC box are on the Game Manual and on a Buddy Sheet.   (Since I only pre-ordered in late December, maybe I don't get the goodies.   But thought I'd ask.)

Also, great to see that DC Online has its own space on the boards now.    :thumbup:
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

Midnite

Open your UI and click on the marketplace icon and claim the Bat Drone.

RTTingle

Wow...

... lame names for the servers.  Considering its DC, I was for sure they would have have Earth One, Earth Two, etc...

RTT

daerdevil

Quote from: AncientSpirit on January 12, 2011, 12:39:32 AM
Just got my order from Amazon.com, but have to wait until the weekend to boot it up.   :doh:

Save a spot for me in any League you guys form, though.   :D

One question:   Where did you find the pre-order goodies code?   the only codes I see in my PC box are on the Game Manual and on a Buddy Sheet.   (Since I only pre-ordered in late December, maybe I don't get the goodies.   But thought I'd ask.)

Also, great to see that DC Online has its own space on the boards now.    :thumbup:

I think Amazon sends the bonus code in an e-mail.  I choked and didn't get my pre-order in on time, so no Bats for me. 

Zapow

You can find me on New Frontier under Bombastic.
[img width=145 height=45]http://home.cogeco.ca/~gdaybloke/HB/hbanim.gif[/img]

"I hold to a simple philosophy: Just assume everyone's a piece of crap and then be pleasantly surprised if you find anyone who ain't." - Luke Cage

Midnite

Zero Hour:

Midnite
daerdevil

New Frontier:

Zapow

daerdevil

Quote from: Midnite on January 12, 2011, 06:31:48 AM
Zero Hour:

Midnite
daerdevil (The Cricket, and Living Bullet)

New Frontier:

Zapow (Bombastic)

Just thought I'd add our toons to the list.  Anyone going for the PvP servers?

Midnite

Daerdevil,
I"m thinking of going to move over to New Frontier.
Did you level pretty far with your 2 toons? I'm leaving behind a lvl 14 toon. OTL

AncientSpirit

Have you guys seen any difference between the servers yet?   And is anyone using a wired Xbox 360 controller with the PC.  I've been reading about some problems.
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

daerdevil

Quote from: Midnite on January 12, 2011, 04:20:19 PM
Daerdevil,
I"m going to move over to New Frontier.
Did you level pretty far with your 2 toons? I'm leaving behind a lvl 14 toon. OTL

Just level 5 with my main.  New Frontier it is.  How easy is it to recycle names?  I'd hate to have to rename him to he Cricket529.

Quote from: AncientSpirit on January 12, 2011, 05:55:18 PM
Have you guys seen any difference between the servers yet?   And is anyone using a wired Xbox 360 controller with the PC.  I've been reading about some problems.

I'm using a wireless 360 controller with no problems.  A huge improvement over the keyboard/touch pad I was using in beta.  The game even tells you which button to hit.  Some of the controls are mapped a little counter-intuitive though.  In particular, I wish I could figure out how to remap the controller, as I hate that the L3 is the Travel toggle (I keep accidentally hitting the toggle while moving around).

Midnite

Let's just put a vote for a server guys.

Zero Hour or New Frontier.

AncientSpirit

Since I won't even be able to log on until Friday, I cast my vote for ... whatever you guys want. :D

AncientSpirit

Midnite

Well since Daerdevil has a lvl 5 toon and its too much trouble to grab his toon name on NF. Already have a lvl 14 toon over at Zero. I vote for Zero Hour. It would be great if Zapow can join us.  :D

Courtnall6

Quote from: AncientSpirit on January 12, 2011, 06:40:18 PM
Since I won't even be able to log on until Friday, I cast my vote for ... whatever you guys want. :D

Same here. :cool:
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Zapow

I can always make another character on Zero Hero.

"I hold to a simple philosophy: Just assume everyone's a piece of crap and then be pleasantly surprised if you find anyone who ain't." - Luke Cage

Midnite

Well I'm playing for a bit. Add me to your friend's list. Bow Sting

Zapow

I have Polestar on Zero Hero.

JeyNyce

Guys, I created a  new post so we can get all of our characters together.

Also, does anybody want to use team speak as a way to talk to each other?  I can probably set up a Team speak server for us to use.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Midnite

What shall we name our league?

Heroes: Freedom Task Force
Villains: ?

daerdevil

Quote from: JeyNyce on January 13, 2011, 02:15:46 PM
Guys, I created a  new post so we can get all of our characters together.

Also, does anybody want to use team speak as a way to talk to each other?  I can probably set up a Team speak server for us to use.

Uh, I don't know anything about Team speak, but I need to figure something out.  I do know that I'm having all kinds of problems with the chat functions on DCUO.  Way too cumbersome at the moment, and the "Social" tab malfunctions with my 360 controller.

Quote from: Midnite on January 13, 2011, 07:11:36 PM
What shall we name our league?

Heroes: Freedom Task Force
Villains: ?

Freedom Task Force works for me.
How about "Evil Reborn" for the villains.

Blkcasanova247

Freedom Task Force and Evil Reborn are cool for me too. :thumbup:
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

AncientSpirit

I wanted to play this weekend but heard so many things on the boards about loading problems, not recognizing xbox controllers and such, that I bit the bullet and loaded the game last night instead of waiting.

And of course I had none of the problems discussed on the DC boards, at least so far.    Even got my promotion bonus email from Amazon yesterday, which when loaded, told me that everything was waiting for me in game.

So far, just one character on built, on Zero Hour, a hero - "SolarEnergy Man"    While this wasn't my first toon on CoX, it was my first that leveled to 50, so I'm hoping it will be lucky for me again.   :D   

Hope to see you guys online over the weekend and join the League.

AncientSpirit

Blkcasanova247

I'll be on this weekend...well off and on anyway. I tell ya it was a pain to even get this game goin'. Installation took almost 2 hrs (and that was loading from disc) and then as soon as I was just about to get goin' there was a 9gig update. I just was able to play the first 2 Metropolos mishs last night. Still and all...fun. :P
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

JeyNyce

Has anybody had trouble with getting the bonus items (Batman in PVP & bonus weapons?)  I had the problem for the last 2 days, Sony was cool about it and they got it working for me.

Midnite

Quote from: JeyNyce on January 14, 2011, 09:02:42 PM
Has anybody had trouble with getting the bonus items (Batman in PVP & bonus weapons?)  I had the problem for the last 2 days, Sony was cool about it and they got it working for me.

Yeah, the pre-order in-game items are messed up now. Finally got the playable Batman from SOE yesterday. But still missing my Joker bomb.

Anyways, I'm going to log on. Just look me up people.

AncientSpirit

How are you guys hooking up?   

I now have two characters on the Zero Hour server:

SolarEnergy Man  - level 7
Psych 0ut - level 7     (The "0" in Out is a Zero because the Letter was already in use."
AncientSpirit

JeyNyce

Guy's make sure you add your characters on the list so we can find each other and team up.

Spe-Dog

I'm on New Frontier as well under Mythic Justice.
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker