News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DC Universe Online

Started by Midnite, January 11, 2009, 01:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat1987

I have a question.
I want to pre order from Amazon, but the pre order bonuses are no longer listed under product description. Have they removed them or what?

JeyNyce

Quote from: bat1987 on November 14, 2010, 09:50:51 AM
I have a question.
I want to pre order from Amazon, but the pre order bonuses are no longer listed under product description. Have they removed them or what?

See if you can email them and ask them.  You can also do to the DCUO forums and ask there.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

electro

I havn't said it yet but, today at work I finally snapped - This PS3 beta wait is killing me - Seeing co-workers get invited to there PC beta makes me even more anxious - Patience is not a virtue of mine when it comes to Superhero MMO's - On a plus note everyone i've heard that says they have played the beta seems to like it so far - Which is a big relief - At least when I get my hands on it it'll will be worth the wait :blink:

bat1987

If it makes ya feel any better, us Europeans can't get guaranteed closed beta invites at all, even with the pre order (that's why I didn't rush with mine).

As for the pre-order question, I e-mailed Amazon and I'm waiting their response within the next 12 hours, will post about it.

electro

Yea i've been reading about that problem - Sorry to hear that for European gamers - I guess I should stop my grummblings because it could be worse :blink:

bat1987

After several emails Amazon customer support finally sent me this:

"Hello,

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.

In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer."

Play as Batman and Amazonian bracers were limited time offer on Amazon? I didn't know that supplies were limited...
The official site still has those bonuses listed when you click on Amazon tab. Either its false advertising or some kind of misunderstanding.

Midnite

:thumbup: I got in. Through the Beta sign-up in July.

Tomato

Finally got a chance to play a bit today, and it's pretty fun stuff. I'm at a sore disadvantage because my internet is via tether (laaaag) but otherwise I had a blast. When the beta nears it's end I'll probably shell out and get some proper internet.

The one thing I was eh on was character creation. Compared to Champions or CoX it just felt clunky and hard to deal with.

Midnite

Hey JeyNyce, Tomatoe, if you 2 want to team up let me know.

Midnite

Five Things I Learned From The DC Universe Beta\

QuoteDCU is hardly God of War, but it honestly does feel closer to X-Men Legends than World of Warcraft.

Early positive review of the beta.

electro

I'm loving every second of this game - Only complaints so far is no lightning powers & fall from heights damage :blink:

bat1987

Bummer...None of the available retailers for pre order ships to Serbia  :(
Amazon normally ships games, comics etc here, but for some reason that's not the case with DCU Online.
I will buy the game regardless, but I really wanted to play as Batman in PvP  :(

electro

The NDA has been lifted! - They posted this on there Facebook page :blink:

Spe-Dog

Just started on the PC Beta a few weeks ago.  Really digging it too and can't wait for the full release.
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker

Midnite

Which servers are you guys on? Pre-order server or the sign ups from the summer servers?

JeyNyce

I'm on the PVE world 1 server.

Question:  Has anybody been able to beat Dr. Fate??  He's the strongest hero I ever fought!
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Spe-Dog

I'm on the same server but only have heroes.  I haven't created a villain yet.
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker

Trelau

IGN is doing an "interactive" review of DCUO's beta.
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1138568p1.html
today's the last day to vote on character creation details, after that we'll get to see some screens and video. I know it's not like being in the beta, but if you didn't make it...

Midnite

Here's the toons I made so far. Left to Right: Quick Stride, Urban Myth, Phantom Whisper, Night Lite.  ^_^

bat1987

Lol after all that bitching and moaning I got my pre-order beta key :)
Downloading it as I type this.

Midnite

Anyone going to show off their toons?  :mellow:

electro

I started playing the PS3 version & can't take snaps - Anyone know how to share missions with your group on the PS3 version - I can't figure it out :blink:

Courtnall6

Heroes: Solaron(Fire/Brawling), Knight Hood(Gadgets/Staff), Tundara(Earth/Brawling)

Villain: "Freezer" Frank(Ice/Brawling) He's sporting Bane's belt after showing him who the new muscle in Gotham is. :P
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Blkcasanova247

Nice one's there fellas. Downloading beta as we speak...13gigs? :blink: :blink: SWEET CHRISTMAS!!!! :wacko:
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Courtnall6

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on December 17, 2010, 03:37:05 AM
Nice one's there fellas. Downloading beta as we speak...13gigs? :blink: :blink: SWEET CHRISTMAS!!!! :wacko:

Ya...but at least it installs at the same time...so your ready to go once it's done.

I'm on the PvE 3 server by the way. :cool:

Courtnall6

Anyone else tangle with Giganta yet? She wipe the floor with me. Twice.

Midnite

She's pretty easy. All you have to do is use melee or weak range on her. Get her attention, block all her attacks. When she goes after Wonder Girl, use melee or range to get her attention again. When she's about to electrocute the whole room, run to the nearest heal barrel. Throw against a spot, stay there and heal and block the bolts. Repeat this until WG gets her body back.

AncientSpirit

Running a mission and accidentally ran into Bizarro - who clobbered my level 13 toon without blinking.    Sure was fun him just being there, walking the streets, talk dirt and totally being Bizarro, though   :D
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

Reepicheep

Darn it!!! I want a piece of the cake. :(