News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Kingdom Hearts Levels

Started by docdelorean88, January 02, 2009, 05:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docdelorean88

I put this under poll because right under polls it says: everybody has an oppinion. If you feel the need to move it to another section feel free(Not that i could stop you anyways, but, you get my point).

What do you think would make a good Kingdom Hearts Level? Although the overall theme of the game is Final Fantasy+ Disney,Throw them out as you think of them, disney related or not.

Been thinking about old Disney toons lately, and thought that Recess(the movie or the show) could be a potential level.  T.J. would be the level player/replacement. His normal/physical attack could be a dodgeball pitch, and his specials or mp required attacks could be practicall jokes. Randal and Menlow could control the heartless and... do... something? :blink: And this is where my creative block kicks in :banghead:.

So, while i think of more,
                         whatcha thinking?
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Plant Boy

Hunchback of Notre Dame (an obvious "classic" world)
Pocahontas
Robin Hood (Fun fact: early concept arts of Sora had him as an anthropomorphic lion)
Toy Story (about time Pixar worlds started getting in)
The Incredibles
Cars (racing minigame world)
Sword in the Stone (it's tournament subplot could replace the Colosseum)
Gargoyles
Power Rangers Dino Thunder (I'm too tired to explain why that particular season right now)
Live action Super Mario movie (yeah, it was made by Disney, it'd fit in perfectly on a Wii KH game)
A proper Neverland (we never even went on the island itself)

docdelorean88

Those are great ideas, i especially like the Pixar ideas. Those could get good. Power Rangers could be good too, could you expand on that?

Plant Boy

Forgotten about coming back here when I was more awake, sorry.

I pick Dino Thunder, the 2004 season over the other incarnations for several reasons:

1. It was made after Disney's acquisition of the series. Since Mighty Morphin' through Wild Force weren't produced by Disney they don't really count IMO.

2. DT starred Tommy, best remembered as the green ranger from MMPR & is often considered the most popular ranger of all time (my favorite's Billy but I digress). His presence provides the ties to the older seasons.

3. The team configuration adapts better to KH gameplay. Most teams start at 5 members, which makes it difficult to determine who of those 5 gets to be the guest party member & what to even with the other 4. DT on the other hand started with 3 (red/blue/yellow), gained a 4th (black) & had an evil 5th (white). Tommy was the 4th & had stronger ties to the season's backstory than the core 3. So basically Tommy would be the official guest party member of the world & the White Ranger would be a boss. As for the primary colors, they would be a special event party, where for a special battle the player controls the Red Ranger with Blue & Yellow as party members.

4. The Red Ranger of ST actually had something very similar to a drive form that could be utilized in his gameplay. Not to mention a limit command with Blue & Yellow as well.

5. Gives Square an excuse for a cameo from the Axem Rangers of Super Mario RPG.

6. Mesogog was 1 of the better villains in the show's history.

docdelorean88

Yeah, i see what you mean there. I do wish disney owned tho old ones though because i thought that the series with the original cast members making up th majority of the cast were the best.

Another one in think would be good that isn't quite obvious(like Tron was,which i loved by the way) can be summed up in 3 words, "Go, Go, Gadget"

Yup, i used to draw keyblades from movies i like and one of my best was calld Gizmo, which i made from Inspector Gadget. I also think Atalantis has some hidden potential as well.

What is really bugging me is that i am not sure wha KH3 is going to be like without Sora. Whats next, take out the Disney? All thats left is Final Fantasy, and the world isn't lacking in those at all.

docdelorean88

How did i forget this?
If adventure has a name In Kingdom Hearts, it is surely...

Indiana Jones 

You have to say it would certainly be interesting to see Indy fight the heartless.Becasue the Nazi theme might be too strong they could just make it that the heartless controllers/meleficents gang, need the artifacts he is looking for and give guys like Bellock the power to controll the heartless. I could see a heartless army behind bellock. It certainly would be interesting. Plus that whip would make a great attack for indy.

Plant Boy

I don't think that's Disney.

docdelorean88

No it is. Lucas arts is owned by MGM, and MGM is owned by Disney.