News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What's New

Started by JeyNyce, December 29, 2008, 10:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

It's been years since I played CoX and was wondering has anything new and exciting been happening?  I did play during the free weekend, but it was for a couple of minutes.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

MJB

Honestly I don't know what you are and are not familiar with so...

(in no particular order)

Invention System has been added. In the system you can craft new Invention Enhancements, temporary powers and costume pieces.

Lots of zone refinement to make things easier to get to and more challenging. Changing of the Rikti Crash Site to the Rikti War Zone is probably my favorite change. :) Along with the upgrade to the RWZ we also have scheduled Invasion weeks. Every so often the Devs hit a button and the Rikti do random invasions of zones.

We can flash back to missed missions and contacts via Ouroboros.

Dual builds have been implemented. Now if you have the Inf and the patience you can have a separate build for solo and teaming.

The Midnighters have resurfaced and have brought us a door way to ancient Rome. In the new zone (Cimerora) you get to fight Romans and run the Imperious Task Force. The TF is LOTS of fun and we run it multiple times a week.

PvP has been completely overhauled. Some like it, others hate it.

The magic that is infecting Crotoa seems to be seeping into the rest of Paragon and the Rogue Isles. Zombies have begun to invade spuratically. This is a player triggered event but no one knows for sure how to trigger it.

The game has changed a lot in the 2 years I've been playing it. The level grind is still there but it has been helped greatly by the addition of level smoothing & patrol XP (gained for being offline).

All in all I think it's a fun time to be in Paragon. :D

-MJB

And to add:

Freakbase overhaul
RWZ and Cimeroa are coop between Heroes and Villains
Level Pacts allows xp to be split between 2 toons
Merit system, merits are awarded for finishing arcs, TF, GMs etc, in turn they can be traded in for some really expensive recipes
customizable weapons, shields, new power sets, unlockable costume pieces, badge interface reworked
more when I think of it.