News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DC/Marvel comparisons

Started by thanoson, December 27, 2008, 05:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talavar

Quote from: thanoson on January 16, 2009, 10:42:53 AM
During that Batman/Superman arc with Supergirl, didn't he claim she was stronger than him?

It was hinted that she might have been stronger in the Supergirl arc, but a later issue then said Superman's almost always holding back, even subconsciously, and that he is stronger.

It was dumb to even bring up though - why would Supergirl be stronger than Superman?  Equal strength, maybe, but I subscribe to the law of diminishing returns when dealing with character copies and derivations, and copies should be inferior to the original.

daglob

Which Superman and which Supergirl?

Generally, a man built like Kal El and a woman built like Kara Zor El, the man would be stronger. This would apply, I would think, to two Kryptonians with similar builds. Now, if we put some non-Kryptonian Supergirl in there, I don't know. And I still remember the Sand Thing Saga...

I think I still have a RPG that has a strength table for DC characters on the bottom of the pages. Most of the heroes cluster around on the first few pages. Then a page or two have but on or two entries, then there are a blank page or two, and in there you have J'onn J'onzz, a little further Supergirl, then Captain Marvel, then another blank page or two, and Superman.

The Super-Cousins I grew up with could move planets.

bearded

so, daglob's supergirl is stronger than modern superman.  take that, you sexists!
who would win, supergirl or she hulk?  the fight of the derivatives!

livewyre1014

Me and one of my closest friends actually have these discussions alot.  He is a hardwired Marvel junkie, and I find myself too attatched to my DC legends.  But, we agree that instead of matching heroes up who have similar powers, we try and figure out battles that would either be impossible to call, or just fun to see.  Here is a list of some of our fantasy crossovers:

1.  the Flash vs the Hulk:  Unlimited speed against unlimited strength...too tough to call
2.  Blue Beetle(Ted Cord) vs Spiderman (Peter Parker):  Peter is easily the more celebrated and experienced, not to mentioned more powerful hero, but how much fun would it be to read a comic with a gageteer insect against a powered spider?  C'mon!
3.  Deathstroke vs Captain America:  the super soldiers of their respected worlds, the confrontation between to two would be a beautiful "Mirror, mirror" moment, one using his powers for justice, the other for profit...again, hard to call
4:  Hawkman vs Wolverine:  In the end, I usually concede that the Marvel champion in this fight would eventually win...but this battle could rage for a 5 comic series without getting boring, ha ha
5.  Batman vs Nick Fury:  This is our favorite to talk about.  Both men can find anyone anywhere, and both are impossible to find when they don't want to be found.  Easily the two most dangerous men in both universes, I can't help but feel that it would be more of a game of "espionage chess" between two masters than an all or nothing fight to the finish
6.  Alan Scott vs Magneto:  Both old, experienced men who wield awesome power and hold steadfast to their convictions.  Not only would this battle be amazing to witness visually, but the dialogue between the two elder statesmen would be worth the price of the comic.

If you liked reading these...I've got more