News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

MIX-n-MATCH 009'

Started by herodad1, December 26, 2008, 07:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herodad1

well we are coming into a new year with all new ideas.my thread is for easy,simple ideas we can all share to extend our game play.something that pops in your head and you want to share with everyone!i cant skin,mesh,or map BUT i have a head full of imagination.here's a few....1.) daglob's red skull skin on housequakes calus mesh at NPI in the insider's section for a armored red skull.(poor old cap). 2.) c6's doc doom skin on ren's prof. hulk mesh.it's my thing-buster armor.even has a gun for cheating.(clobber him ben!). 3.) ever wonder what the leader would look like with the hulks power?throw either of c6's leader skins on ren's prof. hulk too. also...glad you liked my spiderman idea zivon.thanks for hooking us up!ALL ideas are welcome!!! :thumbup:

herodad1

cool hulkbuster skope by jp huh?until a suitable skin comes along for it( hope soon ) try Blkcasanova's ironman skins from his latest tommyboy ironman skope.it pretty well covers it for now.

herodad1

dont know if anyone knows yet but johnny p has released 2 diff.male_heavy scopes at his sight.suggestion....ips's new beast kf's and any classic hairless beast skins on MH_Scope_1. perfect guys!

herodad1

anybody remember the sparkle effect given off when the old capt.mar-vell would fly? take gren's male_basic_fx,put a cap marvel skin in the skins folder,take the fx tga-s from AA's mr.miracle mesh( his first one ) and place in the cap marvell folder.now instead of flames he has cosmic sparkles.

herodad1

well,i dont remember seeing the brainiac-bots ever released so if you still want a big b-bot or just want your brainiac big try this...its awsome!go to alex's freedom fortress to the skins section,go to c-6's site,go to his DC skins and get his brainiac.then go here and get the apocalypse_newarmor hex  http://www.fxforce.com/HEXEDMESHES.html   change the male_basic.tga's in the brainiac skin to male_heavy.tga.put the skin in the skins folder.i use ips apocalypse kfs.looks very good.let me know if you like ANY of my ideas.have fun guys!

Xenolith

Your ideas are certainly food for thought.

daglob

I enjoy reading them; I still haven't tried any yet (the Balck Bat one is definitely on my list), and , as you know, I did a Red Skull skin for the Noman mesh after you suggested it (and Renegade has a Skull mesh in the works-maybe in 2009?). Maybe you don't get a lot of feedback because everyone is too busy using the mixes in combat? Or it could be that right now it's the holidays, and everyone is busy with other stuff.

herodad1

what little i do its my way of saying THANKS to all you guys\gals who's talent makes this game so fun!you guys are the ones that get the credit! :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Quote from: herodad1 on December 30, 2008, 03:16:50 AM
what little i do its my way of saying THANKS to all you guys\gals who's talent makes this game so fun!you guys are the ones that get the credit! :thumbup:

Personally, I'm really glad that this thread is here. It's encouraged me to try out different combos with skins/meshes. So thank you.

And too add to the mix - n - match, if you put FLASH22798's Box skins on either Grenadier's Male_Hulking_Brute or Renegade's Hulk_Professor meshes, you get a pretty cool Box.

herodad1

any body want a big doom-bot with red eyes?take C6's doc doom skin and put it on the Darksied_V2_basic hex here   http://www.fxforce.com/HEXEDMESHES.html . cant have enough doombots!it uses the darkseid kf( i think comes with it ).

herodad1

stumbled across this mix up but take inks imperial guard tempest mesh and throw in the skins folder bobby 69's standard iceman skin and grens standard human torch skin.they would make good elemental twins of fire & ice.i gave the fire twin tempest's yellow hair.

daglob

Souix City Dynamo did a scope of Sparky from The Crusaders (basically DC's version of The Invaders). You do realize that this is a kid sized Human Torch, didn't you? I've put a couple of Human Torch skins on him so as to have a kid-sized Toro, and put Afghan Ant's Kid Miracleman skin on him with the fire file from The Big Blue Bananna himself. Put a Classic Iceman skin on him and you have Bobby Drake as a kid.

herodad1

cool!ive got the sparky but havent tried any combo's.i will now!

daglob

There are a lot of other possibilities for the Human Torch mesh and the Male Basic Effects mesh that is designed so that different effects can stream from different parts of the body. That's how I did Equinox, and have him emmiting both fire and snow. I'll probably release a Sunspot soon that emits black dots. I did the original Captain Atom skins for the Human Torch mesh so that they would have atom symbols around them.

docdelorean88

Take C6's Redtornado skin(normal not redesign), listed on Alex FF, and put it on the Timm_Superman mesh. This is the closest i've gotten to the JLU Redtornado. Now for the whole flying tornado thing... :blink:
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

herodad1

captain marvel looks good also on the timm_superman.only problem is the capes.caps cape skin only covers 3/4 of the super m. cape. another idea is the skope rev did of rens martian manhunter mesh.take the disc's off its chest and it makes a VERY good vision.

Vertex

Quote from: herodad1 on January 15, 2009, 09:05:02 PM
captain marvel looks good also on the timm_superman.only problem is the capes.caps cape skin only covers 3/4 of the super m. cape. another idea is the skope rev did of rens martian manhunter mesh.take the disc's off its chest and it makes a VERY good vision.

... you think the martian manhunter looks like the vision........okie dokie
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

herodad1

not knocking your vision V, just trying diff. skins with meshes and thought it looked good.i still use yours its just an experiment.it does look good also.i think its the head shape.not saying my ideas are better, just another flavor.

Vertex

Quote from: herodad1 on January 15, 2009, 09:58:19 PM
not knocking your vision V, just trying diff. skins with meshes and thought it looked good.i still use yours its just an experiment.it does look good also.i think its the head shape.not saying my ideas are better, just another flavor.

rofl didn't say squat about mine. Not everything I talk about has to do with meshes I've  made  :P

A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

herodad1

well guys, try it out and see what you think.i thought it looked pretty cool.i put one of c6's skins on it.all ideas are just a matter of each persons opinion.some like them,some dont.i just do what i can do with my forrest gump skill level.these are all just extensions of you guys' super ideas.i have nothing but the highest respect for everyone here and would NEVER want to offend anyone.its nice to see an idea come to life.

Xenolith

I can see where you are coming from on the Vision/Martian Manhunter thing.  He was drawn with a much heavier frontal lobe in some of his earlier appearances.  Although that could just be my fading memories of childhood perspectives.  :)

JKCarrier

Martian Manhunter started out with the big heavy brow in the '50s, which was replaced by a more normal-looking face in the '60s and '70s. Then when they brought him back in the '80s, they reinstated the big brow. So take your pick.  ;)

herodad1

the vision being an android, i thought the brow gave him a not-so-human appearance.i still think it looks cool.oh well....time to move on to some other idea.

herodad1

anyone wanting a bwana beast without hexxing weapons off look here...http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ToxicJ-M-skins4/files/...i gave it tj's gremlin kfs at NPI and he looks cool running on all fours.kennx has another skin on his original bwana mesh at alex's ff.anyone want to make another skin?

docdelorean88

one of your best finds yet! Great work! :D

herodad1

here's a skin/mesh combo that works good for a rock monster,the stone guy from the world war hulk series,or throw on the thing_mk2 skin for an original thing look.use atomic robots ar_clayface_2 skin on S. city dynamo's magma mesh.the magma mesh has nif's without the fx also in the folder.  http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/atomicrobotskins/files/1.%20Batman%20Skins/  and  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dynamicdesigns/files/  i gave it diff. fk's.i think grens MHV_Juggernaut kf's.looks cool.let me know what anybody thinks.

herodad1

clownprince

i like getting a skrull skin and adding it to renegade's martian manhunter mesh to get a  Skrullian Skymaster.

herodad1

cool!if your in the market for a skrullian skymax heres one...http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Fusionmeshes4/files/  and if you check one of c6's sites he has a squadron skin pack with an excellent skin for that mesh.

docdelorean88

I thought this fit aquardly well.

The dr manhattan from rorschach's yahoo group on the male mr incredible mesh. It looks kinda good!A great cartoon look at least(hense the quote).