News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Liberty Bay

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, December 25, 2008, 08:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Greetings all.

I've been tinkering with things some, you'll be glad to hear.  Nothing stupendous so far, but I've changed a couple of meshes around in issue one, so, for example, the freeze ray mafiosos will actually have freeze rays.  I've also got some untested coding changes, namely for the new canisters, so they act just like the built ins, and a new attribute for Microcosm, Energy Containment, which lets him store canisters to use later.  Although I think I just realizes something I forgot to do for that attribute.  Easy to fix.

Anyhow, Gremlin and I earlier agreed that Jester and Microcosm would be upgrade to main characters and Blue Defender downgraded to recruitable.

One thing I could use is for someone to run the ghosting fix on the trenchcoat mesh used for the guy dinos.  It would be greatly appreciated.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Epimethee

Great to see LB getting new momentum, Cat. :)
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

catwhowalksbyhimself

Well, it's more minor tinkering at this point.  At least I've produced some potentially useful stuff for FFX.

By the way, I've finished my other custom attribute for Microcosm, Alternate Reality, which causes all canisters (new and old) save the hero point canister to have half it's normal effect.  I'll probably create the opposite just for people to use as they wish, but it won't be used in the mod.

This means I can finish up Microcosm.

I admit that coming back to it after all this time has me with a bunch of fresh ideas, even if I haven't coded in forever.  I've already knocked down some issues with the new canister and the new attributes that I couldn't figure out before almost effortlessly, and think I can solve similar problems in the last almost completed mission almost as easily.  I guess a fresh perspective can be useful some times.

BentonGrey

Hey Cat, great to hear it!  What do you mean by "Ghosting Fix"?  If it is something that I can do, I'd be happy to help out.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Previsionary

I'm assuming he means the fix Conduit brought to the community's attention which you can find in the archives. That or he means Tommy's fix which you can find on his site. I'm leaning towards the former.
Disappear when you least expe--

BentonGrey

Okey doke, thanks Prev.  I'll look into it tomorrow, and assuming it is within my capabilities (limited though they are), I'll take a crack at it.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Gremlin

After not touching this for a little under a year (sorry, Cat >.> <.< >.>) I've been throwing together a shooting script again.

You can all feel free to yell at me to get it done if I slack off again. Well, not yell. Politely remind me.

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteI'm assuming he means the fix Conduit brought to the community's attention which you can find in the archives. That or he means Tommy's fix which you can find on his site. I'm leaning towards the former.

Well, I actually mean nifskope's built in ability to now fix this, although I don't understand the technical aspects of this.

In general progress, I'm currently working on implementing Microcosm.  I've decided to make him a built-in style transformer, able to switch between tiny size, which specializes in ranged radiation and energy attacks, and normal size, which has some nasty attack of its own.  Both sizes share one power tier, but have a completely different second one.  I've got the tiny version down, but I'm still looking for the right set of keyframes for the normal sized one.

This will require further tweaks to the Energy Containment code.  Sigh.  Should be doable, though.

kkhohoho

Nice to see work being done on this. :)
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Gremlin

Did we ever get those photographers? The civilians with cameras who ran to danger, instead of away from it, and you had to keep them safe while they flashed stun cones at you and your enemies?

catwhowalksbyhimself

I got that mesh from Tommyboy a LONG time ago.  Could probably use a few skins, though.

I haven't really worked on that mission yet.  It's the last one from Issue 2, and the only one that isn't nearly completed.

UnkoMan

Can't wait to see what you've done with Microcosm. He sounds really fun.

I'm glad this is getting some work done on it again. I realize it's a lot of stuff for one person and commend you on coming back to it, Cat.

Epimethee

Quote from: Gremlin on December 30, 2008, 07:10:42 AM
Did we ever get those photographers? The civilians with cameras who ran to danger, instead of away from it, and you had to keep them safe while they flashed stun cones at you and your enemies?
Quite nice.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

BentonGrey

Cat....consider yourself officially bothered.
God Bless

catwhowalksbyhimself

Forget it, my initial reaction was the wrong one to take.

Anyway, I've gotten once again distracted by other computer games and thus haven't even touched it recently.  Unfortunately, I am like the worst person possible to take on a project like this; I just have no attention span.

Hopefully I'll get something done eventually.

tommyboy

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on January 24, 2009, 01:45:32 PM
After the current debate elsewhere, I really don't care to do anything for this community anymore.  There's too much danger of somebody getting offended at something I release, so it really isn't worth it anymore.  Perhaps after things cool down again I'll actually get back to work.

In the mean time, I'm still hanging around the community, so do feel free to say hi.

Hi.
Sorry to hear you too are "having a rest".
I hope you feel like making stuff again soon.

Previsionary

Sorry to hear this, Cat, especially since Gremlin showed me a bit of the script and it was looking awesome.
Disappear when you least expe--

catwhowalksbyhimself

See modified post above.  I think the opposite approach is actually the right one, but given my five second attention span, it hardly matters.

tommyboy

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on January 24, 2009, 01:59:54 PM
See modified post above.  I think the opposite approach is actually the right one, but given my five second attention span, it hardly matters.

Yay! For the change of heart.
I'm pretty distracted by other games/stuff myself nowadays, but hope to keep releasing bits here and there.
If I can help LB in any way (maybe a better Photographer mesh?), let me know.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The photographer's actually pretty great as is, and if that bit stay in (which unfortunately it might get cut) it's fine as is for such a brief use.

tommyboy

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on January 24, 2009, 02:16:35 PM
The photographer's actually pretty great as is, and if that bit stay in (which unfortunately it might get cut) it's fine as is for such a brief use.

OK, the offers still on the table if you need any other half-baked meshes though..

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'll certainly keep that in mind.  Thanks.

BentonGrey

God Bless