Started by Vertex, December 25, 2008, 03:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vertex

To all those who wish they had more input on what goes into a mesh:

Need suggestions for both

Passive defense

and

Active defense

Please describe fully and offer pictures if you like, but please remember this is for general purpose keys... so while you might want that perfect animation for so and so.. I'm looking for animations that can apply to many people.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

detourne_me

How about a "swat away" animation for a passive defense? i like usinng a deflect or redirect passive defence for knocking away incoming projectiles,  but there aren't too many animations that cover it well.

Xenolith

I'd rather have a quick animation for active defense, like pushing a button or a quick hand gesture, rather than the long, drawn out ones.
I think the swat is a good idea.  I like dodging animations as passive defence animations.  How about a "I'm flexing my muscles because you can't hurt me" PD animation, or a "Hey, you're making me mad" animation for PD?

Zivon23

Active Defense:  Arms crossed over head cowering in a corner.   :cool:

daglob

Quote from: Zivon23 on December 25, 2008, 03:33:31 PM
Active Defense:  Arms crossed over head cowering in a corner.   :cool:

If you are going to have that, you might include the old "cringe adn try to roll into a fetal position while standing on one leg" manuever that I've seen Jack Davis do in Mad Magazine for any number of characters.

But seriously, how about a "dodge" where the character side-steps and turns so that he/she presents the narrowest profile to the attacker? Or an acrobatic dodge where the target drops to the floor, supported on his/her fingers and toes, then springs back upright? Of course, there is the old George Reeves Superman Active Defense where he just stands there, arms akimbo, LOOKING like Superman ( I think several kf use this already, but for certain characters, it's perfect).

Jakew

Passive:

* Ducks down into a crouch, with one leg straight to the side and the other folded beneth the body, then stands back up again
* brushes at his/her clothes
* fakes left, then right, with their arms flexed at their sides, like they're balancing/about to tackle someone.
* mutliple "bob and weave"s, boxing-style.

Active:

* strikes out multiple times with their forearms, as if "beating away" beams or bullets.
* crosses their forearms in front of them, with one knee bent foreward, and the other straight back behind the body, as if absorbing the impact.
* makes a "come hither"/"bring it on" gesture at opponent with both hands.

doctorchallenger

Champion 2 of 11

Quote from: Jakew on December 26, 2008, 05:53:09 AM* makes a "come hither"/"bring it on" gesture at opponent with both hands.

I realy like this one! They gotta have that scowl look on there face when they do this! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Zivon23

Quote from: Champion 2 of 11 on December 26, 2008, 04:46:46 PM
Quote from: Jakew on December 26, 2008, 05:53:09 AM* makes a "come hither"/"bring it on" gesture at opponent with both hands.

I realy like this one! They gotta have that scowl look on there face when they do this! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

A la Bruce Lee

Vertex

Quote from: Zivon23 on December 26, 2008, 06:09:53 PM
Quote from: Champion 2 of 11 on December 26, 2008, 04:46:46 PM

A la Bruce Lee

Actually I have that.. but it's a ranged anim.. since I figure it's used for taunt.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

Zivon23

Quote from: Vertex on December 26, 2008, 09:05:07 PM

A la Bruce Lee

Actually I have that.. but it's a ranged anim.. since I figure it's used for taunt.

I agree.....prolly should be a taunt ani.

Cyber Burn

Personally, the animation that I would love to see for a generic villain (either as a direct, area, or power animation), would be the flipping of the bird. :D

Zivon23

Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 31, 2008, 10:31:42 PM
   Personally, the animation that I would love to see for a generic villain (either as a direct, area, or power animation), would be the flipping of the bird. :D
Didn't one of the Celestials have that?  Gren's maybe?

yell0w_lantern

Yellow Lantern smash!

herodad1

i like jakew's...the brush off.

daglob

Ash has a "Come get some" taunt animation. That's still my favorite.

detourne_me

Quote from: ips on December 26, 2008, 09:16:46 PM
Quote from: doctorchallenger on December 26, 2008, 04:39:42 PM
snapping of fingers

as a defence? as a ranged animation i can see that... but not as a defence.

what if it was in a cliched "Oh no you didn't..." motion?
maybe it could work for an amanda waller mesh?