Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The Marvel Thread

Started by Previsionary, December 24, 2008, 11:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

So it was Crossbones who pulled the trigger, hmm?  Should have been Batroc. ^_^
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

murs47

New Secret Avengers teaser up. I think this one is pretty obvious because of the sub-text. Scarlet Witch. Unless a cape was added in there to throw people off. Then I'd say Spider-Woman. Those are the only two female characters I can see saying the sub-text.

murs47

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 10, 2010, 06:02:00 PM

It was a combo of Sharon Carter and Crossbones. Cap got shot multiple times. Why Batroc? lol

Previsionary

Quote from: murs47 on February 10, 2010, 06:02:38 PM
New Secret Avengers teaser up. I think this one is pretty obvious because of the sub-text. Scarlet Witch. Unless a cape was added in there to throw people off. Then I'd say Spider-Woman. Those are the only two female characters I can see saying the sub-text.

Depending on which Spider-Woman you're referring to, Jessica is on Bendis's team (which is no surprise).
Disappear when you least expe--

BentonGrey

Quote from: murs47 on February 10, 2010, 06:04:30 PM

It was a combo of Sharon Carter and Crossbones. Cap got shot multiple times. Why Batroc? lol

Ahh.  Heh, I was just being goofy...and that is why.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

murs47

Quote from: Previsionary on February 10, 2010, 06:17:29 PM
Depending on which Spider-Woman you're referring to, Jessica is on Bendis's team (which is no surprise).

Oh right. Nevermind...heh.

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 10, 2010, 06:21:48 PM
Ahh.  Heh, I was just being goofy...and that is why.

Benton Grey being goofy? That's just preposterous.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Previsionary on February 10, 2010, 05:10:52 PM
Eh, I see Luke Cage in a similar role as Hawkeye when he led that team. Hawkeye was an actual villain at one point though, so eh. But then again, Luke does have his prison background.

HE WAS FALSELY IMPRISONED BY THE MAN!

BWPS

Batroc pretty much handed Cap Jr. his arse the last time he appeared. He's fancy.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Previsionary

For those that were worried about Atlas, it's now back as an ongoing (Parker just announced).

Check it: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24795

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

BentonGrey

Quote from: BWPS on February 10, 2010, 09:08:22 PM

Batroc pretty much handed Cap Jr. his arse the last time he appeared. He's fancy.

This makes me happy for some reason.  I actually saw that encounter somewhere...maybe I paged through it in the comic shop....
God Bless

deano_ue

damn still no seige 2, anyone help a guy. i need to read this

Mystik

maybe this will scratch your itch
Spoiler

rip ares

I like fury in this scene

daken gets toasted

cmdrkoenig67

Sigh...I don't know how many folks care, but another former Alpha Flight member just bought the farm...

Spoiler
Diamond Lil
in the most recent X-Force.

Seriously, what has Marvel got against Alpha Flight? 

Actually, Marvel seems to be displaying a lot of bias against almost all foreign (non-U.S. citizen) characters over the past few years (Alpha Flight characters seem to have giant targets painted on them...Other casualties include Sunfire, Darkstar, Big Hero 6, Arabian Knight, Etc...), using them for cannon fodder/targets for ridicule/used to make American heroes look superior/etc whenever they feel like it.  I find this trend highly disturbing, especially since a few of the characters affected are some of my favorites.

Dana

Previsionary

Poor, Dana. I actually thought of you when that happened. Alpha flight has a poor track record these days. Heck, my mind flashed to you when Cyclops made a joke at their expense a few months ago. On the bright side, at least Snowbird is doing well and is appearing in digital books + random compilations like Marvel Heartbreakers. :S

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Mystik on February 11, 2010, 06:36:50 PM
Spoiler

rip ares

daken gets toasted

.cbr anyone...

AfghanAnt

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on February 11, 2010, 06:40:06 PM
Sigh...I don't know how many folks care, but another former Alpha Flight member just bought the farm...

Spoiler
Diamond Lil
in the most recent X-Force.

Seriously, what has Marvel got against Alpha Flight? 

Actually, Marvel seems to be displaying a lot of bias against almost all foreign (non-U.S. citizen) characters over the past few years (Alpha Flight characters seem to have giant targets painted on them...Other casualties include Sunfire, Darkstar, Big Hero 6, Arabian Knight, Etc...), using them for cannon fodder/targets for ridicule/used to make American heroes look superior/etc whenever they feel like it.  I find this trend highly disturbing, especially since a few of the characters affected are some of my favorites.

Dana

I dont think it's a non-US citizen thing. I think it's more of titles that aren't profitable thing and writing realistic battle scene thing. Just my opinion.

murs47

Any thoughts on the latest Secret Avengers teaser? I honestly have no clue. The silhouette is so generic it could be anyone.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Previsionary on February 11, 2010, 11:57:37 PM
Poor, Dana. I actually thought of you when that happened. Alpha flight has a poor track record these days. Heck, my mind flashed to you when Cyclops made a joke at their expense a few months ago. On the bright side, at least Snowbird is doing well and is appearing in digital books + random compilations like Marvel Heartbreakers. :S

Yeah...Snowbird had the great outing in Hercules, then the short story you mentioned above...Which is good.  Sasquatch is also somewhat popular, I guess.  Northstar (and Aurora) are in the X-Men books (sort of), but I really don't know why X-writers always say they want to use Jean Paul, etc...They usually end up using him sparingly, then he fades into limbo or is...Worse..Killed off.  He's also been written so badly by most of the X-writers who've claimed they "really want to have Northstar" in their books.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 12, 2010, 01:28:11 AM

I dont think it's a non-US citizen thing. I think it's more of titles that aren't profitable thing and writing realistic battle scene thing. Just my opinion.

Realistic battle scenes?...LOL!  Most of them (especially the ones written by BMB) have one panel showing the battle about to start (with lots and lots of talking), in the next panel the battle is over and the casualties are sprawled every where (cue more talking). 

Much of the time, it's left to guess work for the fans which characters are dead or alive (since the writers hardly address those facts anymore).  Alpha Flight was K-O'ed off panel by the Collective, Big Hero 6 was massacred off panel too by another menace (or so I've heard).

Anyway, I'm not really arguing with you AA...In my opinion, I just don't see many Marvel books as having anything remotely "realisitic" about their fight scenes lately.  I'm actually kind of concerned about this "Heroes Age" stuff, Marvel is possibly doing...Some of their writers can't even write gritty or dark very well or even a good, fully realized story to save their life...What makes them think they can write noble superheroes?  Arrgh!

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: murs47 on February 12, 2010, 02:08:20 AM
Any thoughts on the latest Secret Avengers teaser? I honestly have no clue. The silhouette is so generic it could be anyone.

I took a peek at the teaser, but I also don't have a clue.  I don't get why there is a need for yet another Avengers book (especially a "secret" team).

Dana

murs47

Hmmmm...new Secret Avengers teaser. War Machine? Crimson Dynamo? Iron Patriot! :D

Zippo

I could see War Machine on a Secret Avengers, what with his crazy antics lately. Also, does anybody else think that caped woman could be Emma Frost? The... proportions certainly seem to fit...

steamteck

Quote from: Mystik on February 11, 2010, 06:36:50 PM
Spoiler

rip ares

daken gets toasted

God, I hate the Sentry sooo much.

murs47

I'm taking a crack at who the Secret Avengers are:

1. Steve Rogers - The "I lead by example" quote kind of gives that away.

2. War Machine - The silhouette is too similar to Iron Man but he's on Bendis' Avengers. So that leaves us with Rhodey or Norman in his Iron Patriot suit.

3. Captain Marvel - The new one with the lame black and white costume. I honestly have no idea who this could be, I just chose Noh-Varr because Marvel has been trying to make him a major player for a while and this seems like a good spot to do that.

4. Scarlet Witch - She hasn't had control over her powers for a while. Maybe now she does. I don't read Mighty Avengers so I have no idea what her deal is at the moment.

5. Moonknight - The ragged cape and the need for redemption clue me in on it being Moon Knight. Taskmaster would be my second guess.

6. T'Challa - I'd say Beast but he doesn't wear shoes. Plus, Brubaker writing T'Challa sounds like a great thing.

Previsionary

Quote from: murs47 on February 14, 2010, 06:25:57 PM
I'm taking a crack at who the Secret Avengers are:

4. Scarlet Witch - She hasn't had control over her powers for a while. Maybe now she does. I don't read Mighty Avengers so I have no idea what her deal is at the moment.

6. T'Challa - I'd say Beast but he doesn't wear shoes. Plus, Brubaker writing T'Challa sounds like a great thing.

*wonders if Murs ignores me... jerk* Scarlet Witch is open if Brubaker is keen on fleshing out what she's been doing since Clint, Beast, and her twins went searching for her (and found her in certain cases). SW in mighty was no one except Loki in disguise, which I've mentioned to you and has been posted in this thread... a few times... *no further comment*

As for BP, I would assume he'd be too tied up in Doom War to be in Secret Avengers, and there's the fact that T'challa is going down a darker path right now in order to outsmart Doom. Also, he's currently not Black Panther.

The thing that interests me the most at the moment is the new direction in Incredible Hercules. Pak has been building up Amadeus as Herc's replacement for a while. When he finally takes over in May, will it still be the same book I know and love?!

murs47

Quote*wonders if Murs ignores me... jerk* Scarlet Witch is open if Brubaker is keen on fleshing out what she's been doing since Clint, Beast, and her twins went searching for her (and found her in certain cases). SW in mighty was no one except Loki in disguise, which I've mentioned to you and has been posted in this thread... a few times... *no further comment*

Interesting. I stand with my guess.

QuoteAs for BP, I would assume he'd be too tied up in Doom War to be in Secret Avengers, and there's the fact that T'challa is going down a darker path right now in order to outsmart Doom. Also, he's currently not Black Panther.

I just read the last 12 issues. That's why I chose T'Challa and not Black Panther. I figure DOOMWAR would be done areound Secret Avengers launch and with T'Challa no longer being the Panther he could join a team.

Podmark

Is Amadeus actually taking over the ongoing? I know he's getting a mini.

I'm saying Scarlet Witch is NOT a Secret Avenger. I'm guessing the book will be a more espionage possibly wetworks type of series so I don't think she'll fit it. There's also the fact that her return is supposed to be in Avengers: Children's Crusade which I'm hoping finally gets solicited with the Heroic Age. Solicits will be out this week.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Previsionary

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Prince-of-Power-Pak-Ven-Lente-Brown-100211.html  <--- that explains all I know about the Herc/Amadeus shake up. My heart! *grasps it*

thanoson

Wasn't SW the leader of Force Works? That was a espionage team I thought.
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!