Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

windblown

Very nice skope naitvalis!

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on August 20, 2013, 02:10:17 PM
seriously windblown, you have got some seriously sweet skills. did you use multiple male_basic meshes to get that effect

Thanks Amazo. The telekinetic aura effect is just a FX within the skope.

Quote from: naitvalis on August 21, 2013, 05:57:17 AM
amazing works windblown! snowbird is so far my favourite, i wonder if you plan to do other shapeshifters, like martian manhunter for example.

Thanks naitvalis. As for the shapeshifters, right now I'm planning to update the Wolfsbane skope (so she can have other costumes in addition to her New Mutants one) and skope Husk (I have to think how to skope her).

Artemis

some amazing work in this thread, I've only just started skoping so i'm not great but her'es a few things i've attempted:

alien_warriior with mentor animations.
Alchemiss_Eve based on Interceptors Alchemiss_straighthair
Bachhite with minute_man animations based on Interceptors Minute_miss
El_diablo with mentor animations

It's all just stuff for original characters but i'm really enjoying seeing some new life brought to meshes just by changing the keyframes. lots of fun so far (when it works!)

Amazo Version 2.2

great job getting the meshes to play nice with one another
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

spydermann93

Amazo Version 2.2

i seemed to have missed naitvalis ravager skope, seriosly sweet.

edit: sorry windblown, i meant to ask if you used a second male basic type mesh to get the hands to work
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

daglob

I missed Ravager too. Excellent work.

And I really like the look of Alchemiss Eve...

Artemis

I'd be happy to email you the skope daglob if you like. PM me your email iof you'd like.

Here's a few more all based on Irrational meshes again.

None are finished and I'm just really enjoying the fun of nifskope. I need to stop playing and start finishing some of these haha.
the eve based mesh uses Interceptors amazon_katana mesh, the rest are all just keyframe swaps with Irrational meshes really. I may change the alchemiss sword from the law mesh to nemesis_syn so the cape animates.

AfghanAnt

Not as innovative as some of the other skopes being posted but I skoped Emma and Magik from Bendis' Uncanny X-Men.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

Great!! Looking forward to seeing them skinned!

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on August 23, 2013, 02:27:55 AM
i seemed to have missed naitvalis ravager skope, seriosly sweet.

edit: sorry windblown, i meant to ask if you used a second male basic type mesh to get the hands to work

My bad, I thought you were talking about the aura. The hands are the ones of the body mesh, I alphaed out parts of the arms to get the floating effect.

And Artemis, that's a great entrance in the skoping world :thumbup:

Tomato

Hope everyone doesn't mind a bit of keyframe skoping in here, since I think it's a cool proof of concept. Technical jargon explaining what I did is in spoilers.

Spoiler
So basically, I've taken an existing animation and modified it in such a way that it not only scales up a brand new helmet_hand node, but also removes the helmet_green node (which originally wasn't modified by the animation at all.) and vice versa. It has no practical purpose with this particular animation in-game, since it's mostly for display, but theoretically it means people can add additional "add/remove animations using only nifskope. Only downside is it takes a loooong time, because you have to hand-input all the keyframe data, but it's still cool to figure out how to do something new in Nifskope.

Amazo Version 2.2

the tech speak is way above my understanding of nifskope, but i think its seriously sweet that you were able to figure this out

windblown

That's very cool. I've been doing some keyframe skoping lately too, it can be tedious sometimes, but it's satisfying when you achieve the result you were looking for. The skin is looking great so far btw.

windblown

New preview:

Dani Moonstar in her first and last New Mutants costumes.

I had something in mind for Moonstar but I couldn't achieve it. I had thought to give her several animations (ranged, ranged_a, ranged_b ...) representing different type of fears so they will randomly play when the power was used in game. But ranged animations, unlike melee animations, don't seem to work this way... so I'll leave them as individual animations unless somebody has another idea.

Those animations would be...

...projections of a zombie (Sioux City Dynamo's SCDV_Zombie_Deadman), a giant spider (by Bearded) and a shark (by Randomdays).

Amazo Version 2.2

that is seriously sweet. just out of curiosity, since the ranged animations dont seem to be working the way you want, would it work better if you used these as direct attacks?

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

Sweet Stuff Windblown!
I'd use them as melee attacks with a large radius myself.

BentonGrey

Wow, there is some really cool stuff here!  'Mato, that's awesome, a really neat discovery!

AA, those look interesting!

Ohh man, Windblown, that is really, really cool!  I've just recently been reading those old New Mutant books, and I am definitely going to want to check that skope out.  What a clever use of skoping!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

windblown

Thank you guys,

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on September 04, 2013, 12:32:34 AM
that is seriously sweet. just out of curiosity, since the ranged animations dont seem to be working the way you want, would it work better if you used these as direct attacks?

Direct and area animations have the same problem as the ranged ones :(  It seems that the alternative animation trick only works with melee animations.

Quote from: detourne_me on September 04, 2013, 12:35:20 PM
Sweet Stuff Windblown!
I'd use them as melee attacks with a large radius myself.

I hadn't thought of that possibility. I'll take a look at it :thumbup:

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 05, 2013, 01:51:26 AM
Ohh man, Windblown, that is really, really cool!  I've just recently been reading those old New Mutant books, and I am definitely going to want to check that skope out.  What a clever use of skoping!

Thanks BG, I'm trying to fix the fear illusion animations and she will be ready.

And another New Mutant to the bunch: Warlock!

(The textures are a kittbash of AfghanAnt's Warlock just for preview). I'm not totally pleased with this skope, but I don't know how to improve it, so here it is...any suggestion will be appreciated.

Cyber Burn

Warlock was absolutely my favorite New Mutant back in the day, so I am really happy to see him get some more representation in FF. As for suggestions, maybe a Vehicle mode for either a "Run" or "Fly" animation? I don't know if it's possible, but it would be cool.

AfghanAnt

Warlock! And I completely forgot I skinned him. :)

Have you tried Tommyboy's Impossible Man as a base?

BentonGrey

Awesome!  He's looking really cool.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

That's a great looking Warlock, but I think AA might be on to something with the Impossible man.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

Quote from: windblown on September 10, 2013, 12:21:04 AMAnd another New Mutant to the bunch: Warlock!

(The textures are a kittbash of AfghanAnt's Warlock just for preview). I'm not totally pleased with this skope, but I don't know how to improve it, so here it is...any suggestion will be appreciated.

SWEET!

Warlock looks really awesome, Windblown! I was never aware that Warlock had ever been created for Freedom Force, haha :P

windblown

Thanks guys,

Quote from: AfghanAnt on September 10, 2013, 02:26:23 AM
Warlock! And I completely forgot I skinned him. :)

Have you tried Tommyboy's Impossible Man as a base?

I'm trying to add some of its animations to the skope right now :thumbup: Great suggestion!

Quote from: Cyber Burn on September 10, 2013, 12:46:47 AM
Warlock was absolutely my favorite New Mutant back in the day, so I am really happy to see him get some more representation in FF. As for suggestions, maybe a Vehicle mode for either a "Run" or "Fly" animation? I don't know if it's possible, but it would be cool.

Cool! I'll try to do it.

Amazo Version 2.2

with some "encouraging" from cyber burn, I would like to post my first public skope. its nothing groundbreaking and doesn't have a skin, but I like it. i'm debating on kitbashing a skin for preview purposes, but for now, i'll just post the pic with a wiremap.

this is "Nuke" from the squadron supreme, and like I said, nothing groundbreaking, but I like it.

spydermann93

It's beyond groundbreaking.

It's atomic fission! :P

Great skope, Amazo! I would love to see him textured at some point.

Outcast

Congrats on posting your first public skope Amazo.
Maybe Cyber can encourage you on your first public skin too?

Skope looks pretty good even without a skin. So i think it will look even better with one. :)

Amazo Version 2.2

thanx for the compliments guys, I seriously appreciate the support. as for making a skin, I can barely do anything that resembles kitbashing let alone actual skinning. to be honest, i was really hoping that i could find someone who would be interested in skinning this.