News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Me so sweeeeeepy...

Started by MJB, March 23, 2009, 05:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJB

Hello, House of Hope, tell me a bedtime story...

-MJB

Tomato

Once upon a time, there was an awesome vegitabible person known as Tomato, who got really bored and killed everyone on a message board for a Superhero game. And the universe lived hapily ever after.

The End.

Gremlin

A long time ago in a great big forest--much, much bigger than your backyard--there was an owl named Artie.

Artie was different from the other owls. Where they were wise and would sit and talk about wise things like science and philosophy and politics, Artie would get bored and would draw in his coloring book instead.

"Artie is foolish," the other owls would say. "He doesn't know anything. All he ever does is draw in his coloring book."

The other animals saw that Artie wasn't wise like the other owls, so they made fun of him too. "Look at Artie!" they all said. "He doesn't know anything! All he ever does is draw in his coloring book!"

One day, one of the squirrels went to the owls and spoke to them.

"Oh wise owls," she said, "who see so much with your wide, round eyes, and who know about so much in your wide, round heads, please tell me what the meaning of life is."

"The meaning of life," said one, "is to love." And he explained why.

"The meaning of life," said another, "is to do good." And he explained why.

"The meaning of life," said yet another, "does not exist." And he also explained why.

"The meaning of life," said still another, "is whatever you want it to be." And he, too, explained why.

"Preposterous!" said the owls. "Ridiculous! Madness! Ludicrous!" And they began to argue and bicker amongst themselves, pointing to this great owl and that, or this masterful text and that.

The squirrel left the wise owls, as their bickering was quite unpleasant to her sensitive ears. So she skittered through the forest, leaping from branch to branch as squirrels are wont to do. Suddenly, she came upon a lone owl on the highest branch in the tallest tree in the forest. He was facing the sunset and scribbling feverishly in a book.

"Why, here's an owl I haven't spoken to. And there's nobody around to argue with him. Maybe I can get a real answer." She landed next to him and said, "Oh, wise owl, who sees so much with your wide, round eyes, and who knows about so much in your wide, round head, please tell me what the meaning of life is."

The owl turned to look at her, and she saw that it was Artie. She frowned, knowing that the least of the owls would have no answer for her.

"Nevermind, then," she said. "I thought you were somebody else." But before she could leave, Artie stood up and flapped down to a lower branch, gesturing for her to join him. Puzzled, she followed. When the tree thickened further down, there was a large hole in the trunk. Artie and the squirrel entered the hollow.

For a moment it was dark. Then, as the sun lowered further in the distance, the burning light from the horizon flooded the empty tree, showering the walls. And the waves and washes of images burst into sight, patches and squares of forests and sunsets and stars and clouds and trees and stone and snow in every manner of blacks and whites and reds and oranges and blues and greens and purples and yellows and thousands of other colors the squirrel hardly had names for, dancing and swirling and pooling and pouring and leaping across the walls, across the canvasses and pages in a magnificent, beautiful, splendid visual symphony of color and shape and shade and line and form and the entire forest at all places within it and many beyond, and at all times imagined or occuring or to be was here in this place.

"Oh," she said.

BWPS

Oh I get it!

ART-ie, because he likes ART so much. Hilarious.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Gremlin

Quote from: BWPS on March 23, 2009, 06:42:19 PM
Oh I get it!

ART-ie, because he likes ART so much. Hilarious.

Or Archemedes. He originally pointed her at the sunset. But I wanted to make him an artist.

cmdrkoenig67

WHACK!

Bonks MJB on the head with a large mallet to send him into dreamland...G'night, MJB.

:P

MJB

Tomato

<.<

>.>

*steal's MJB's wallet*

cmdrkoenig67

Wonders if he should try to help MJB...But decides to run away with his boots, instead.

stumpy

I've been asked to lock this thread,
as the original author is dead.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg