News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

characters in super hero tv

Started by bungs2001, May 23, 2013, 08:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bungs2001

does anyone know why some characters don't attack in superhero tv. most of mine do but a few don't when in the character slots. could anyone help ?  :banghead: :thumbup:

Starman

Are you generating AI files for them?

bungs2001

I have been using m25 ai generator, and m5 watch mode works ok, but not for superhero tv which seems to run better and i prefer that. hope that makes some sort of sense  :wacko:

hoss20

Just to cover all the bases; did you add the lines to the LOCALINIT.PY file as mentioned on the bottom of this page? http://www.alexff.com/superherotv.php

Alex mentions that these lines are necessary for SuperheroTV to work properly. I'm afraid that I haven't used SuperheroTV, so this is the only help I can really offer,

stumpy

Also, keep in mind that, since the game caches some data, it may be necessary to restart the game (not just the RR session) when making changes with the FFX Editor (such as when you branded any new characters you added, if you are using FFX), and when changing localinit.py.

In other words, if I create a new toon and want to play him in Hero TV, I would need to:

• Close the game.
  • Start FFX Edit and make sure I have the right mod selected (typically FFX if that is what I am running). (Just opening FFXEdit to the right mod "brands" all the new characters. It isn't necessary to actually change or customize any of their FFX attributes or power swaps, or for them to even have any.)
  • If you haven't done it before, make sure the localinit.py has the ff.AI_STEADY_EP_THRESHOLD = -1.0 line in it, as mentioned on Alex' site.
  • Restart the game.
  • Run the M25 Power ID Generator
  • Run the M25 AI Generator
Now the toon should be ready to run in the Superhero TV Rumble Room mod. This shouldn't be necessary every time, only when creating a new toon or changing his powers or attributes in a way that the AI should know about.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

bungs2001

thanks for the info guys i appreciate it  :thumbup: