Avengers Footage

Started by John Jr., August 20, 2011, 06:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

It's all an act for him to make a comeback or for people to go see the Avengers movie.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

XStream

Quote from: BWPS on May 28, 2012, 11:59:58 PM
I am not buying any more of that man's albums if he's going to be like that!

Funniest thing I have read in a long time. *claps*

Took a bunch of freshmen boys to see it again a couple of weeks ago. Can't believe how good the movie is. I am not one to see a movie more than once at the theatre, but enjoyed it beginning to end. I agree with many of you, no way Colson died. The remarks of the "council" to Fury about it all being abou making a statement, I think Colson's death was staged.

I have never been a huge Hulk fan, but I have to say that Banner and Hulk made this movie for me. Most of the subtle jokes were aimed at the danger in having Banner around and the Hulk really seemed to have a sense of humor. It made me wonder how much of Bruce Banner was actually coming out of the Hulk. I could definitely see Banner in some of those Hulk scenes (except when he goes after Widow).
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

oldmanwinters

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

thalaw2

I just saw the Avengers again and watched all of the credits....
Spoiler
Why didn't any of yous guys say Thanos was at the end?!?!?!
I'm too lazy to look back through 10 pages to find the correct spoiler.
革命不会被电视转播

XStream

That's who that was!?

Nah, I am just kididng... I am pretty sure it has been stated that
Spoiler
Thanos
was seen after the credits. It was probably in a spoiler somewhere.

Awesome movie, can't wait to own a copy.
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

Shogunn2517

Quote from: Podmark on May 05, 2012, 11:09:10 PM
I have seen the Avengers.

Spoiler
I was really impressed with it by the end. The first half felt kinda long, it was good I don't have any real complaints but I was hardly at the edge of my seat. Now the second half where the invasion starts did! That whole sequence was just filled with win. Really loved that one shot with no cuts with each of the Avengers fighting. Lots of laugh out loud moments like Hulk punching away Thor after a break in the fight, and most of what Tony says. I was really impressed with how well they managed the large cast.

Loved Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye. He's not 616 and he's not even Ultimate but he's great as this movie version of Hawkeye. I was really impressed with Ruffalo as Bruce Banner but I've never felt he has the right look for the character, looks good as Hulk though. RDJ was awesome as always.

Coulson's death was lame. Very Whedon. Worked for the story I guess. Honestly I was expecting him to be revealed to be alive in the post credits scenes.

Thanos, now there's a reference non-comics fans won't get. Although some guy behind and to the right of me said pretty loudly something like "Oh my god Thanos!"
And the post credits scene had me laughing all the way out of the theater.

Anyway I liked it and now I with I had a set of MU Avengers movie toys.

Bottom line: Warner Bros, the gauntlet has been thrown.

Yep.

thalaw2

Thanks Shougunn.  I knew there was a reference somewhere in these pages.  You have the true patience.
革命不会被电视转播

Shogunn2517

BTW, I just noticed something peculiar about that last scene.  It didn't strike me as odd until I just rewatched it and my computer on the fritz froze at the scene.

Spoiler
But did anyone see the scene wtih Thanos and just before they show him, they show him propping himself from his seat with his right hand.  Well, my computer froze at that scene and I thought "that's odd for an alien hardcase with purple skin to have a human looking hand."  It didn't occur to me until a few minutes later that Thanos wears gloves... ie Gauntlets, which they vividly(and purposely) did not show on his hand.  I mean, it might have seemed harmless at the time that they wanted to show his back and his arm(ie Dr. Klaw) to build the suspense, but I honestly think it was planned, to show him without the Infinity Gauntlet.

Anyway.  Just an observation.