News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Rotating Cast

Started by BentonGrey, January 08, 2012, 11:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Alright guys, I've been experimenting with my build for Thor's villain, the Absorbing Man, and I finally managed to take advantage of the amazing FFX feature that allowed him to absorb different material types, switching to a new character with an appropriate skin each time he did so.  However, this sort of broke the mission he was in, because he'll now likely switch material types, bringing in a new character, and EZScript loses track of him.  Thus, when he goes down, the mission doesn't end.  To be specific, I've got abm set up as the villain in a simple fight encounter.  Thor is fighting him, and abm absorbs some wood, thus, FFX swaps him out with abm_wood.  Thor knocks this fellow out, but the mission continues because, as far as EZScript is concerned, abm is still conscious.  Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with this?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Mystik

maybe if you give the the different forms accidental change to revert back when at low hp

BentonGrey

Quote from: Mystik on January 09, 2012, 02:34:11 AM
maybe if you give the the different forms accidental change to revert back when at low hp

That's an interesting idea...I don't know that it will recognize the original form as the original character, but I'll give it a try.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

catwhowalksbyhimself

It's actually easier to do with Python, I think. I don't think accidental change will really help here, although I could be wrong.  I have a feeling that EZ Script didn't have this particular possibility accounted for when it was made.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.