Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Patriot City Tales

Started by BentonGrey, August 24, 2009, 01:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKCarrier

A question about the sewer mission with Order & Ant:

Spoiler
Do the Darkmen ever stop spawning? I've freed Minute Man, the CIA agent, and the Liberty guys, defeated Deja Vu, and smashed the clone ray (although it didn't actually blow up, it just stopped spinning). But the mission won't end, and new groups of Darkmen keep popping up in random locations. I think I've gone through at least a dozen groups of them. It is getting kind of tedious dragging Order's slow butt from one end of the map to the other looking for them.  :P

BentonGrey

Whoops!  I forgot a "Win" condition there, JKC.  That's odd...it ended for me, but it shouldn't have!  Anyway, you can download this fix, and I'll update the regular download too:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4ztzwlzynjn

Just drop that into your PCT folder.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

JKCarrier

That did the trick! A couple of other minor glitches I noticed:
Spoiler
1. If you rescue the Liberty Inc. heroes before Minute Man, MM walks right out of his cage and approaches you to deliver his cutscene lines. He won't join your squad, though, until you go over and bust open his empty cage.

2. Mighty Girl and Titan need their skins converted to DDS to avoid the dreaded "turning pink syndrome".

3. The museum map in the Ant/Quetzy mission seems to be missing some objects...there are little pink boxes everywhere.

It's a fun set of missions, lots of interesting plot threads being spun. I'm looking forward to seeing how everything ties together!

BentonGrey

That stupid map has given me more trouble....that's what I get for trying to do something like that on my own.:P  JKC, would you mind taking a few screenies?  Those would give me an idea of just what is missing without asking you to look through FFEdit line by line.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

JKCarrier

BentonGrey

Okay, the GOOD news is that those are all objects that shouldn't be there, so the fix for this is super simple.  I forgot to include the most updated version of that mission, apparently.  I'll mess with it tonight or tomorrow and make sure the right version gets uploaded.  Thanks JKC!
God Bless

BentonGrey

Alright, so to fix the pink object problem you can simply download the updated map and drop it in your PCT/Missions folder.  Also, I'm sending Prev. the updated episode as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?quzzjnmbqkt
God Bless

earl of bronze

I have played the first two missions and enjoyed them but

Spoiler

The cut scene after I beat Red Moon won't play. She just stands there showing as interrogatable and I had to  use mission win to end the mission. I know it is probably because of a save game isssue but would much rather go on to the next than try and replay it. Would anyone be kind enough to give a quick  summary of what she was supposed to say? Thanks.

John Jr.

Well I'm a bit biased, since I wrote the damn thing, but I believe it's worth to play it again, because the last cutscene is the moment Moonie reveals who she is and why she attacked Freedom Force, but if you just need to read about, there it goes:
Spoiler
Red Moon disappears before the kids can interrogate her, she says something about "running out of power and "being pulled back!". The end cutscene is Red Moon joining one of her accomplices, an Ice Queen and revealing who is she and what was her plan.
Encounter: Reveal1
Type: Cutscene
Allies: red_moon named jane, ice_queen
marker: truth

Start Cutscene:
cinematic camera on jane
Unfade for 3 seconds
play music music_04winter_nw
jane says, "No! It's not fair! I was so close!"
ice_queen moves to jane
ice_queen says, "You are back already?! What happened?"
jane turns to ice_queen
ice_queen turns to jane
jane says, "I failed, Olga... I couldn't save my father..."
jane says, "I hadn't energy enough to travel back to the right time. I arrived after Time Master's first defeat."
ice_queen says, "But that was too late! Your father had already been changed!"
jane says, "Freedom Force had disbanded after their victory over Time Master. I tried to change the past and destroy them before the team was reformed."
ice_queen says, "So you father would never try for his revenge and wouldn't betray our country. It was a great plan, darling!"
cinematic camera on ice_queen
jane says, "No! I failed! They defeated me! They condemned my father to a living hell...again!"
jane says, "And I'll never get energy enough for a new time jump..."
ice_queen says, "Who stoped you? You said Freedom Force has disbanded."
jane says, "Liberty Lad and Sea Urchin... Even as children they are my tormentors! But I won't give up, Olga!"
jane plays animation melee
jane says, "If I can't save my father I can still have my vengeance! I will destroy Freedom Force!"
jane plays animation power
jane says, "Such is the vow of Red Moon, such is the vow of Tanya Sukhov!!!"
fade for 3 seconds

earl of bronze

earl of bronze

I finished mission 3 last night and really enjoyed it! It was good to

Spoiler
get to use Mentor and Microwave in this mod. They are two of my favorites even though Mentor still cannot levitate yet.

BentonGrey

Quote from: earl of bronze on March 25, 2010, 12:56:08 AM
I finished mission 3 last night and really enjoyed it! It was good to

Spoiler
get to use Mentor and Microwave in this mod. They are two of my favorites even though Mentor still cannot levitate yet.

Hey Earl of Bronze, I'm really glad you enjoyed it.  Just wait, they'll show up again in Episode 4, and I'm still thinking about tweaking Mentor's powers.
God Bless

Previsionary

Somebody needs to get on ending a certain tombstone storyline. *whistles and looks at Benton*
Disappear when you least expe--

BentonGrey

Quote from: Previsionary on March 25, 2010, 10:22:06 PM
Somebody needs to get on ending a certain tombstone storyline. *whistles and looks at Benton*

Heh, well, we'll do it eventually, if a certain somebody doesn't find the energy before we get around to it....heaven knows the originator of the story would be better suited, but JJ and I will give it a shot one day. ;)
God Bless

earl of bronze

I just completed the last 3 missions over the last 2 days and thoroughly enjoyed them!

Spoiler
Is having the first FFVTTR mission at the end a placeholder for the next installment or something like that? It is there after the museum mission.

BentonGrey

Quote from: earl of bronze on March 26, 2010, 03:18:29 AM
I just completed the last 3 missions over the last 2 days and thoroughly enjoyed them!

Spoiler
Is having the first FFVTTR mission at the end a placeholder for the next installment or something like that? It is there after the museum mission.

Yes EoB, it is indeed a placeholder.  Generally, you can't actually even get to it, but having it there keeps several glitches from occurring.  I'm glad that you enjoyed them so much, man.  Feel free to share any feedback you may have.
God Bless

John Jr.

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 25, 2010, 11:01:05 PM
Quote from: Previsionary on March 25, 2010, 10:22:06 PM

Heh, well, we'll do it eventually, if a certain somebody doesn't find the energy before we get around to it....heaven knows the originator of the story would be better suited, but JJ and I will give it a shot one day. ;)
Agreed, Tomby needs his original writer back!

earl of bronze

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 26, 2010, 03:24:34 AM

Spoiler

Yes EoB, it is indeed a placeholder.  Generally, you can't actually even get to it, but having it there keeps several glitches from occurring.  I'm glad that you enjoyed them so much, man.  Feel free to share any feedback you may have.

Spoiler
The plot threads are very interesting. Mighty Girl certainly reminds me of Mary Marvel in spite of her more Super girl like power set. The museum level with Ant and Quetzy was neat. I am just wondering how many of these adventures will tie together in the end.

BentonGrey

Quote from: earl of bronze on March 26, 2010, 06:25:04 PM
Quote from: BentonGrey on March 26, 2010, 03:24:34 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler
The plot threads are very interesting. Mighty Girl certainly reminds me of Mary Marvel in spite of her more Super girl like power set. The museum level with Ant and Quetzy was neat. I am just wondering how many of these adventures will tie together in the end.

Cool!  I'm glad you liked the museum one.  I have wanted to set a mission with him there, and it made perfect sense for the newcomer to team up with him there too.  As for the stories tying in to one another, some of them tie together more closely than others, but they'll all come together in the end.
God Bless