News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Having a Problem

Started by hmarrs, February 14, 2011, 04:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmarrs

1.I hope somone can help me.I been playing with Blender and Nifskope and I can't figure out for the life of me to get the skins on them when I'm done when I go to Character tool nothing. :huh:

daglob

You may need to tell Nifscope where the skin is; for me it usually runs about 70/30 as to whether the skin shows up or not.
Open Nifscope and click on Render>Settings and it should give you a menu that you can tell it where the skin is.

hmarrs

Yeah but then nothing unless I click "search for Alternatives and then even then it never shows up in Chracter Tool any Ideas????

Amazo Version 2.2

possibly a problem with the mesh or skope itself. it may not be reading the skin files correctly. can you post a pic of what youre seeing?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Tomato

Please post the folder your ".nif"s are in relative to FF, as well as the folder your textures are in and what format they are (Ex. ...\Data\art\library\characters\mymesh , ...\Data\art\library\characters\mymesh\skins\standard , and either .tga or .dds) it'll rule outsome simple issues for us.

hmarrs

Tried it and it didn't work.It comes up Ghost,Invisable.

Avalon

I've had come across this as well. Blender will rename all the textures to a .dds file. Unless you have the .dds files, it shouldn't be a problem. However, I just go into Nifskope and rename all the textures files with a .tga file format.
As always, you need to have all the refl and glow files as well. These all should be in the skins/standard folder.
Hopefully, we will get to see the fruits of your labors soon.

hmarrs

Funny you should say that.I tried that and still it was to no avail. :banghead:

hmarrs

Quote from: Avalon on February 15, 2011, 05:30:38 PM
I've had come across this as well. Blender will rename all the textures to a .dds file. Unless you have the .dds files, it shouldn't be a problem. However, I just go into Nifskope and rename all the textures files with a .tga file format.
As always, you need to have all the refl and glow files as well. These all should be in the skins/standard folder.
Hopefully, we will get to see the fruits of your labors soon.

AVALON THANKS!!!You were right what I was doing was I changing he main texture from.dds to .tga but I didn't do my .refl or my .glow but as soon as I did that BANG!!!There he was thank you Avalon and thank all you guys you guys are awesome.
I think we should leave this post around somplace available because it is such a small oversight that if you don't catch it it's a wrap.