News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Green Lantern Corps Wave 3

Started by SickAlice, September 03, 2014, 07:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Green Lantern Corps Wave 3: In Nights Of War

Most of the Lanterns use either Renegade's John Stewart, female_basic_green_lantern or Ren and Ink's Kilowog as a base depending on their body type and unless otherwise indicated.

- For New 52 John Stewart I kept everything from the original mesh except sculpted the body slightly to hide the ear nubs. I redid the auras to have new texture assignments and made new ones. The solider aura was made by combining the original John aura with Irrational's US Soldier. I skope in a rifle from Gren's Punisher and an animation for that then changed it's texture settings to make it look like a construct. I also brought in the hair from the Punisher but changed sculpted it over to look like John's modern cut. I then made and added the rest of the extras and finally brought in some FX for the ring. John comes with six skins: New 52 as the standard, a copy of that with an alternate soldier aura, his Darkstars costume, his classic look and an Indigo Tribe and Indigo channel black from the War Of The Green Lanterns arc. Each skin has it's own aura. There is a bug where the aura's cause much ghosting in Character Tool but this won't effect the in game experiance.
- Simon Baz is on Hal Jordan by Gren. I removed the hair from this one then skoped in a gun from Gren's Punisher. I took the gun model out and replaced it with a freeware one as well as made a holster for it using the one from Ren's Vigilante as a base. I also brought over an animation for the gun from Punisher. I then made a Simon costume and detailed aura bits. Lastly I added some FX to the ring.
- New 52 Alan Scott is on Alan Scott by Tommyboy. I removed almost all of the extras but left the nodes so the meshes can be inserted again if one wishes. The aura's are from Grenadiers Green Lanterns Hal. I sculpted the aura to match and made and added a glow string and guants. Lastly I added some FX to the ring hand and adjusted the keyframes to use the auras properly.
- For Palaqua I sculpted the body and resized a few of the nodes. I added claws and FX. I made and added GL bits and a jacket then sculpted the aura to match.
- For T-Cher I removed the body and made a brand new one. I then sculpted the aura to match and added FX.
- For Wissen I removed the body and added a male_basic then sculpted it a little and added some resculpted hair from Gren's Punisher. I added a cape from Ink's Magneto and changed the texture assignment. I also added a jacket from Ink's Gambit, sculpted, shaped and retextured it. I then made and added GL bits and a crown. Lastly I sculpted the aura to match and added FX.
- For Xylpth I removed some of the extras then added GL bits and ears. I sculpted the aura to match and added FX to the hand.
- For Gk'd I removed the body and added a thinner one with no head. I then made and added Gk'd's head and some GL bits. I sculpted the aura to match, added FX and resized the nodes.
- For Morro I removed everything except the aura parts and lantern. I sculpted a Morro body from male_basic and brought it in as well as a chopped cape. I brought in a hood from Gren's Dr.Doom which I tapered a bit, then made a mallot and sash. I skoped in some redone claws from Ink's Catwoman and added some FX to the mallet. Lastly I sculpted the aura to match and changed the idle to the extra one in the keyframes (in the first the mallet handle fell through the torso).
- For Von Daggle I sculpted the head a little then added ears and some hair. I made and added new parts and sculpted the aura to match then added some FX to the ring.
- For Ghrelk I sculpted the head (first time I've done a frumpy face I think?). I then made new parts and added them as well as brought in some ears. Finally I added FX and sculpted the aura.
- For Deeter I removed most of the extras except the lantern and aura bits. I replaced the body with male_basic and added hair from Gren's Punisher which a sculpted to look like Deeter's. I added a new ring, a mustache, FX and Deeter's armor then sculpted the aura to match. Deeter comes with two skins: New 52 as the standard and his classic Sir Deeter look as an alternate.
- For Medphyll I removed everything but the Lantern and aura bits, and replaced the main body with a male basic sculpted to Medphyll. I Medphyll head bits using Irrational's tree and the leaves from Ink's Poison Ivy as a base. I made and added GL and Darkstars bits and added FX then sculpted two auras to match. Medphyll comes with two skins: Green Lantern as the standard and a Darkstars alt. The multi-aura effect looks glitchy in CTool but works fine in game.
- For Lok Neboora I sculpted the body and added more faces to work with on the hands and feet so I could make digits. I made and added GL bits, sculpted the aura to match then added FX. I then resized the nodes and mesh.
- For Soranik New 52 I removed the main body then brought in a female_bald. I tapered off the ear nubs then brought in ears from an Ink mesh. I made and added some new parts, added FX and sculpted the aura to match the new look. The hair originally was part of some anime game character named Demyx from (?), but I tore it up to make Soranik hair.
- For Arisia New 52 I removed the body and replaced it with an Ink female bald. I made and added GL extras and a skirt. I added modified Gren hair and pointy Ink ears then sculpted the aura to fit. Laslty I skoped some FX on the ring hand.
- For Rees-Van I completely overhauled the body from Gren's Bishop to be Rees-Van. I made the robe from the jacket on Ink's Gambit via heavy sculpting. I then made and added new bits, added FX and sculpted the aura to match the new body. The robe is a bit glitchy though I didn't think so much that it couldn't be used. The eye also bobs in the head but I left it like that since it makes it look like it's blinking in game which I thought was better than a dead stare.
- For Hollika Rahn I removed everything except the lantern and aura bits. I brought in a female_bald and added ears from an Ink mesh. I sculpted a new hairstyle and made a mohawk. I made the GL costume piece from a typical cape and a Green Lantern emblem I made previously. I made the rest of the costume parts, sculpted new auras to match and added FX to the ring. Hollika Rahn comes with two skins: A Green Lantern as the standard and Darkstars one. The multi-aura effect looks off in CTool but works fine in game.
- For Venizz I removed the body and added a female bald. Then I sculpted some hair from another and added a ponytail, some ears and ear rings. I made and added GL bits and skoped some FX on the hand. Lastly I sculpted the aura to match.
- For Feska I removed the main body then sculpted a female_bald into Feska. I made and added some new parts, added FX and sculpted the aura to match the new body.
- For Gazzl, Maro and Nemux I took Ren's John and resized many of the nodes and then the whole thing to make a short GL character. I sculpted the heads and added GL bits, FX and some antenna to Gazzl and Nemux.
- For Jruk I added the axe animations and nodes from Gren's Ares but made a new axe since Jruk's is signature. I shaped the head to resemble Jruk and added a strap and Lantern bits. Then I sculpted the aura to match and zero'd the forearm. Jruk was a bit tricky and I had to accept some flaws in order to make something working. The axe is facing the wrong way when it's on his back but otherwise the animations looked weird. As well it falls into the back during a few keys but I didn't know a workaround for that. Lastly since his left arm is gone he doesn't pull out a Lantern Battery so I either removed or replaced any animations that would normally apply that.
- For Ash-Pak-Glif I deleted the Kilowog body and made an Ash-Pak-Glif one. I made a new aura for it and added FX.
- For Hammeroon I sculpted the face a bit then made and added new parts. I then added FX and sculpted the aura to match the new body. Most of the hair began as fur bit's from Ink's Beast.
- For Turytt I sculpted the face a bit then made and added new parts. I then added FX and sculpted the aura to match the new body. Most of the bone bits started out as parts from Gren's Doomsday.
- For Olapet I deleted everything except the lantern. I made and added Olapet and added FX to the ring. I originally made an aura but it looks to wonky. There's a flaw in a vertice either on the left upperarm or left clavicle. I've always run into this with male_basic but it shows (a vert sticks and drags) here more than usual do to the skinny arms. I'm not sure how to resolve it, hopefully it isn't too distracting.
- For Penelops I removed all of the physical data except the lantern. I made and added Penelops and then added FX and resized some nodes. I did make an aura for this but it looks terrible with one so I opted to leave it without. I also changed the run animation into a copy of the hover one.
- For Shorm I removed all of the physical data except the lantern. I made and added Shorm and then added FX and resized some nodes. I did make an aura for this but it looks terrible with one so I opted to leave it without. I also changed the run animation into a copy of the hover one.
- For Apros I deleted everything except the lantern. I made and added Apros and FX. I didn't add an aura since it looked wrong in game.
- For Mukmuk I removed all of the physical data except the lantern and aura parts. I made and added MukMuk and then added FX and resized some nodes. Lastly I sculpted the aura to match MukMuk.
- For Boodika I removed the body and replaced it with an Ink female bald. I made and added GL extras, tiaras, spads and a belt. I added modified full hair and Ink ears. I then made a seperate " Alpha Lantern Female " body for that effect and made two auras to match. Lasltly I added FX. Boodika comes with two skins: Green Lantern as the standard and Alpha Lantern as an alt. The multi-aura effect looks screwey in CTool but works fine in game.
- For Kraken I removed the body and replaced it with an Ink female bald. I made and added GL extras and armor. I added modified hair, Ink ears and Ink claws. I then made a seperate " Alpha Lantern Female " body for that effect and made two auras to match. Lasltly I added FX. Kraken comes with two skins: Green Lantern as the standard and Alpha Lantern as an alt. The multi-aura effect looks screwey in CTool but works fine in game.
- For Horoq Nnot I removed the body and replaced it with an Ink female bald. I made and added GL extras and modified full hair. I then made a seperate " Alpha Lantern Female " body for that effect and made one aura to match. Lasltly I added FX. Horoq Nnot comes with two skins: Green Lantern as the standard and Alpha Lantern as an alt. The aura effect looks screwey in CTool but works fine in game.
- For Green Man I removed most of the extras and added GL bits. I then made and added a male alpha lantern body and armor. I sculpted two auras to match and added FX. The multi-aura effect looks weird in CTool but is okay in game. Green Man comes with two skins: Green Lantern as the standard and Alpha Lanterns as an alt.
- Varix is on Alan Scott by Tommyboy. I removed almost all of the extras but left the nodes so the meshes can be inserted again if one wishes. The aura's are from Grenadiers Green Lanterns Hal. I sculpted the aura to match and made and added GL bits. I also made and added an Alpha Lantern body and armor for both that and the Darkstars uniform. I pieced together a second body for varix from the original and several others. Lastly I added some FX to the ring hand and adjusted the keyframes to use the auras properly. Varix has three skins: Green Lantern as the standard and Aplha Lantern and Darkstar alts. The multi-aura effect looks messy in CTool and ghosts some parts of the mesh but it all works fine in game.
- For Bruun I removed the body and replaced it with an Ink female bald. I made and added GL extras and armor. I added modified hair. I then made a seperate " Alpha Lantern Female " body for that effect and made two auras to match. Lasltly I added FX. Brunn comes with two skins: Green Lantern as the standard and Alpha Lantern as an alt. The multi-aura effect looks screwey in CTool but works fine in game.
- For Glibberquip I removed most of the extras and added GL bits and a fish head. I then made and added a male alpha lantern body and armor. I sculpted two auras to match and added FX. The multi-aura effect and sugar glass dome look weird in CTool and the games preview window but is okay in game while playing. Glibberquip comes with two skins: Green Lantern as the standard and Alpha Lanterns as an alt.
- For Hraalkar I removed most of the extras and added GL bits. I then made and added a heavy alpha lantern body and armor. I sculpted two auras to match and added FX. The multi-aura effect looks weird in CTool but is okay in game. Hraalkar comes with two skins: Green Lantern as the standard and Alpha Lanterns as an alt.
- For Mean Machine member Aldo I sculpted the body making the midsection a bit thicker and added a new leg. I brought in a gun and animations from another mesh. I then switched out the gun for a chaingun from Irrationals Kill-A-Rilla. Lastly I added Gl bits, a belt, an earpiece, FX and sculpted the aura to match.
- For Mean Machine member Bronchuck I removed everything but the auras and lantern and added a male_basic. I brought in a gun and animations from another mesh. I then switched out the gun for a rifle from Gren's Punisher. Lastly I added Gl bits, FX and sculpted the aura to match.
- For Mean Machine member Lee I removed everything but the auras and lantern and added a male_basic and a trenchcoat from male hunter. I chopped off part of the coat to make a jacket and added sculpted hair from Gren's Punisher. I brought in a gun and animations from another mesh. I then switched out the gun for a shotgun from TJ's Punisher. Lastly I added Gl bits, FX and sculpted the aura to match.
- Mean Machine member Flint is on Hal Jordan by Gren. I removed the body and made one by merging it and the legs from one with baggy pants. I brought in a gun and animations from another mesh. I then switched out the gun for one from Gren's Cable. Lastly I added Gl bits, a belt with pouches, FX and sculpted the aura to match.

All are for FFVTTR and can be found on the Green Lanterns page on my site here:
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/green.html

spydermann93

Cyber Burn

Oh my gosh, I feel so unworthy right now. And maybe a little overwhelmed too.

An exceptional release SA.

SickAlice

You shouldn't and thanks, you helped make these possible as did many other of the smart and talented members of this community. And thank you to all of you for helping me evolve and for always dreaming.

Podmark

Wow, that is just incredible. Is there any GL you haven't done yet?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

This is really jaw dropping. Sick Alice!

I love the work you do for everyone who enjoys this game.

windblown

wow, that's a lot of lanterns! great job!!

daglob

SickAlice

Thanks all. And Pod, lots of them yet actually. Mainly I held off on anyone who is either officially deceased and/or has been a Black Lanterns Corps. That's going to be the subject of Wave 4. I just finished Necron a few minutes ago.

cmdrkoenig67

I'm not really a fan of GL, etc...But you've done an amazing array of aliens, robots, etc...Bravo, SA!

Dana

John Jr.

Truly impressive. Your skoping ability never ceases to amaze me.

SickAlice

Thanks again John though I'm not sure I agree. Skoping components into existing meshes really isn't difficult nor anything I do with it is much different than what anyone else does here. It's the 3d modelling that can get complex if not time consuming.